Author Topic: A Idea for the forum?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
A Idea for the forum?
« on: 28 August 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
I just had a quick idea for after Wrestling Fusion Presents: Wrestling Sexiest Women 2012 ends. What about Wrestling Fusion: Hall Of Fame. It would run in the same way as wrestling sexiest women, thought you would all have to help come up with a list of eligible wrestlers.

I think this would create some great discussion and debate on the forum, just wanted to get your guys views on this and to see if it was worth doing?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: A Idea for the forum?
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
I think it's a great idea.

I also think a tournament of todays wrestlers would be good too.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
Apart from suggestions, there would need to be clear a definition of how someone would be eligible.

I like the idea, but I'm not as sure as to whether there is enough activity to justify a Hall Of Fame version yet anyway (judging from the 2011 End Of Year Awards as I'm thinking it would probably be a little more like that rather than it being as simple as voting on who is thought to be more attractive is).

As a slightly-related question, what made you do the 2012 version this early, rather than closer to the end of the year?
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2012, 11:08:27 PM »
I swear I literally posted this idea yesterday:

The wife from the shining or a complete stunner, hmmm...

If we were voting on wrestling ability the SDR, but Tiffany has done playboy. Auto-pass (unless you're Chyna. Hell, even if you're Chyna).
Reading that makes me think we should do a competition similar to this but on the best wrestlers

:ace

Either way, I'm down for this O0

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
Yeah same. Its for guys like Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle etc. Out of the current guys I'd say John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Big Show, Christian and Randy Orton are eligible. Perhaps CM Punk and Sheamus?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2012, 09:19:35 AM »
I figure we would have WAY more guys than that.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2012, 10:45:37 AM »
I'd personally like to throw Kai En Tai into the equation.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
I like it. Wrestling Fusion's Sexiest Hall of Famer 2012. I nominate King Kong Bundy.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
Apart from suggestions, there would need to be clear a definition of how someone would be eligible.

I like the idea, but I'm not as sure as to whether there is enough activity to justify a Hall Of Fame version yet anyway (judging from the 2011 End Of Year Awards as I'm thinking it would probably be a little more like that rather than it being as simple as voting on who is thought to be more attractive is).

As a slightly-related question, what made you do the 2012 version this early, rather than closer to the end of the year?

I Started the 2011 version in August  :eek:

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2012, 04:50:25 PM »
I Started the 2011 version in August  :eek:
You did? My bad then.  :dohw:
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #10 on: 29 August 2012, 09:41:24 PM »

Oh yeah of course but they were examples. What I'm getting it is we have the golden and attitude eras but how many of today's stars are eligible? Cena. Mysterio and Orton sure but would Sheamus and Punk be in it already?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 29 August 2012, 09:56:53 PM »

Oh yeah of course but they were examples. What I'm getting it is we have the golden and attitude eras but how many of today's stars are eligible? Cena. Mysterio and Orton sure but would Sheamus and Punk be in it already?

Ohhh i see you mean in the same tournament. i was thinking separate. 1 old school and 1 for todays wrestlers.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2012, 11:10:29 PM »
When I mentioned eligibility, I was assuming that females would be eligible too.

The reason I questioned eligibility however, was that I was wondering whether people who have only ever been on the Indies and never been with ECW, WCW, WWE, or TNA (other than a cameo perhaps) would still be considered eligible.

I would reiterate that I still don't think that we have enough activity to do a Hall Of Fame version though.

This definitely isn't anything against any of the members that are here currently, but I just think such a thing deserves a lot more votes than the amount that might be possible for us to give it at this point in time.
« Last Edit: 29 August 2012, 11:19:01 PM by Awesome »