Author Topic: {{OFFICIAL}} Suggestions Thread  (Read 13695 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
{{OFFICIAL}} Suggestions Thread
« on: 7 December 2008, 05:12:51 AM »
Alright, there's no reason to jump around the fact... this site hasn't been the most active since we came back from the last hack.

We would like to come to you for ideas and suggestions of how we could pick things up around here... any ideas at all, Dale and us S-Mods will look closely into as many as we can.

So please, gives us your suggestions!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #1 on: 7 December 2008, 05:29:34 AM »
I think an issue is that the forum has too many boards. I realize that the forum has been active in the past and that having separate boards for Raw, ECW & Smackdown discussion may have been necessary - but I don't think it is now. Having one WWE board may be easier to maintain than having a few that are barely posted in. - It wouldn't make a HUGE change, but I think if I was a member visiting the forum; I'd rather have one active board - than three semi-active ones.

I'm not too sure what Ultimate Mayhem Tournament is, but it hasn't been posted in since 12th November. - Be the Booker is barely used (I realize I have a thread there, but it's not active and wouldn't be forgotten if it was cut) - The entertainment board also has three sub-boards, when all the topics could just be discussed in one main board. I know that these changes probably wouldn't be groundbreaking, but I think cutting down on sections would give off the perception of a more active forum and could make people more inclined to join? Just my two cents.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 7 December 2008, 06:25:42 AM »
Cutting down the boards is an interesting proposal... that's something for Dale to decide as I'm not sure I'm a big fan.

UMT was a tournament I used to do to crown the all-time voted best wrestler. It kind of died down while I was doing the fed we used to have on here and especially during the hack, but we're close to the end so I'm going to finish it, starting it up again next week... so there's that answer lol.

BTB I agree but I promise you the moment we take it down there's going to be a thread in here asking why we don't have a BTB section.

I can agree with you about entertainment to an extent... I'll ask dale to merge Music with TV and Movies... but Games has some more activity so I'd keep it separate and make it a main board. I actually think we should expand it, but i'm not sure if too many gamers would like coming to a WWE board...

I like your suggestions, just giving my thoughts on them, and I can see what you mean. We can certainly improve on forum layout to an extent... this very section has 3 sub-sections and could easily be 2 or even one. Maybe it's a matter of individual preferences? I don't know but i can see your point and I'll discuss an updated layout with Dale.

Thanks for the sugs, keep them up!

Offline mj.021

• Jobber
Be the Mod tourment
« Reply #3 on: 9 December 2008, 11:41:59 PM »
Awesome to help the site we need mods. everyone on this website is dieng to be mod right. So lets have the first annual Be the mod tourment we have it every 1 month whoever post alot and the best NO SPAMMING!!!!  and get the most highscores by playing in the arcade and does the bst becomes mod.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 9 December 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
Sorry mj.021 - I can't see your logic in that to be honest. At present there are easily enough staff for the current amount of users and activity, and in future if any staff is to be picked, it would most likely be a case of "don't ask us, we'll ask you".

Just to clarify, what I mean by that is that if we feel that we need more staff, we will approach whoever we believe to be the best suited person, not because someone asked to be staff.

Thanks for your understanding :)
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2008, 10:07:52 AM »
Contest maybe? that one dude that was admin for like a minute had some contest going where he did a secret word or something. i think prax will know what im talking about because i think he won a book. but anyways i would just do it differently maybe take a page from TWF and do the be the best poster.

Hell quite honestly i know it would motivate me to be more active if some DVDs were in it for me.lol.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2008, 12:27:31 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;19522
Hell quite honestly i know it would motivate me to be more active if some DVDs were in it for me.lol.

Good to know, thanks for the suggestion :)
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2008, 09:16:29 PM »
Bloody shame to see it so quiet, but thats a side effect of the hacking. People went off elsewhere, and it's just us loyal faithful who came back.
The forums have recovered before and will do again.

(BTW with the mods, for gods sake don't have a revolving door like before, it inspires no confidence at all when people are added and removed for no reason every 5 minutes.If you do appoint more, choose for sense not popularity. Your mods are there to edit, and keep order not be everyones mate.)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2008, 09:49:14 PM »
Quote from: Ms H.B.K.;19646
Bloody shame to see it so quiet, but thats a side effect of the hacking. People went off elsewhere, and it's just us loyal faithful who came back.
The forums have recovered before and will do again.

(BTW with the mods, for gods sake don't have a revolving door like before, it inspires no confidence at all when people are added and removed for no reason every 5 minutes.If you do appoint more, choose for sense not popularity. Your mods are there to edit, and keep order not be everyones mate.)

I'm sure it'll get more popular again with time :yes

As I said a few posts before, if we needed any mods, we'd be choosing the best person for it, so there's no plans for a "revolving door system" and therefore nothing to worry about.

Offline swax1

• Banned
Forum problem
« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2009, 05:31:39 AM »
hello.i am having a problem on your Forum.i am trying to post up my slideshow from http://www.slide.com and it will not display properly because it's in HTML code.i noticed that the HTML code has been deactivated on the Forum.i am requesting that the HTML code be activated on the Forum so that my slideshow from http://www.slide.com can display properly.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 20 February 2009, 12:55:10 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be turning on HTML anytime soon. When the site was hacked it was because of HTML, so I don't think we're ready to take the risk.

Offline Southy23

« Reply #11 on: 20 February 2009, 10:28:58 PM »
Quote from: mj.021;19393
Awesome to help the site we need mods. everyone on this website is dieng to be mod right. So lets have the first annual Be the mod tourment we have it every 1 month whoever post alot and the best NO SPAMMING!!!! and get the most highscores by playing in the arcade and does the bst becomes mod.

I have to disagree
mods are only needed when activity is gone up
the mod team do a good job so why change em and why add more
the activity of the site at present is ok and at a level where the current teams can modd it correctly and sufficently

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2009, 07:22:38 PM »
How about we just take down the ECW,Raw and Smackdown section and just make it all in 1 WWE section beings activity just isn't what it used to be. it would be easier to get to and right now having Raw,SD and ECW sections just seems pointless and to be honest besides talking about the show its self im not sure what to post in those sections because im not sure if im supposed to post news in the general WWE section or what. but thats not the main thing the main thing like i said is that they just seem pointless and it would be more simple and easier if it was just 1 WWE section kind of like the TNA section.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2009, 12:24:05 AM »
Adam,

noted and being considered, thanks for the suggestion.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2009, 02:50:27 PM »
I was posting something in the TNA section yesterday and noticed that we didn't have spoiler tags, I PM'd Awesome to confirm and it seems as though we don't. He told me to post here, to see what people would think about getting them installed etc. So does anybody else think spoiler tags would be something worth installing? Could make things easier in terms of discussing things that haven't aired on television yet or even posting show reports and such.

I think they'd certainly come in handy.