Author Topic: Mr Kennedy Released  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Dale

Mr Kennedy Released
« on: 30 May 2009, 01:03:59 AM »

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy (Ken Kennedy) as of today, May 29, 2009. WWE wishes Ken the best in all future endeavors.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

------------

I smell something and I don't no what it is. I find it strange how they release him after the first time he's appeared in a ring in months upon months. Can't wait for the fallout on this,

Offline Sinc Mercier

Mr. Kennedy released
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2009, 01:13:28 AM »
WWE: Inside WWE > Industry News > Mr. Kennedy released

I am very very very VERY VERY VERY upset. This is the worst thing that could possibly happen, and now I have to face the facts. *sigh* discuss please, I can't even express into words how horrible this is. DAMN! If I were to fully speak my mind I would be typing 3 pages of Kennedy ranting. I may reply here and there

Oh hell ya.

Offline Dale

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2009, 01:15:08 AM »
Already posted in the future endeavors thread, but do feel free to fully speak your mind, it should make for a good read (H)

The "Future Endeavors" Thread - Page 12 - WWE Mayhem

Offline Sinc Mercier

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2009, 01:28:29 AM »
All I can say to this is that if he doesnt wrestle anymore period after his debut I probably wouldnt watch any type of wrestling again in a very long time.

The fans gave him an initial bad reaction in LA, he is injury prone, and people apparently hate how he got so many pushes. But if there is one thing in defense for this guy is that injuries happen in wrestling all the time, and people are giving him a constant hard time for it. He may have got one too many pushes, but he is also being hated on for the wrong reasons.

If he retires after this god speed, but I don't expect WWE to get any better. If their gonna be dropping good talent I.E. Colt Cabana and Mr. Kennedy and they don't actually build them up, which they rarely do anymore, then WWE will eventually fail, even though it is already failing. Really the hardcore fans it ever has anymore are little kids, and that's who they want to focus on, the little kids. WWE remains a mess and this just makes it worse, he had great in ring skills, tremendous mic talent, and he went over great with the fans as a heel, he should never have gone face.

And one final thing, you can't deny that Kennedy cares about WWE and the business, he doesn't take roids like Batista and Cena, and he is legit in the ring, unlike Cena who does like 5 moves and Batista who does powerbombs and spinebusters, Kennedy is one of the greatest athletes AND promoters WWE has ever had, this just makes me sick. And I doubt this is a work either, being injury prone really hurts MK, and I wish it didn't have to end this way.

Oh hell ya.

Offline Axel

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2009, 01:44:49 AM »
That's it, I've had it with WWE. I'm simply sick of their bullshit, Kennedy is injury prone unfortunately but they still would rather keep around The Great Khali which if I remember correctly was very close to not being able to wrestle due to his knees.

I've read and listened to interviews of Kennedy and he wanted to be a World Champ and reguardless of his injurys he should have been a champ a LONG time ago. The only title he has ever held was the US title and that was once.

Kennedy was the only wrestler they had that had a attitude era persona and they screw him over.

I've had it with WWE. They continue to crap on their talented stars but would rather use the same old lame wrestlers like Batista, Cena and Triple H.

They did the same crap to Elijah Burke. It pisses me off, I'm done with them.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2009, 01:47:21 AM »
I can only assume that him getting injured again (maybe serious enough that it would mean a significant amount of time out again) straight away pissed them off and convinced them that it wouldn't work to keep him.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2009, 01:49:44 AM »
MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Axel

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2009, 01:53:20 AM »
Quote from: Awesome;28501
I can only assume that him getting injured again (maybe serious enough that it would mean a significant amount of time out again) straight away pissed them off and convinced them that it wouldn't work to keep him.
But that's the thing, he did injure his wrist last week but he wasn't going to miss anytime and he was going to wrestle with the injury.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2009, 01:57:47 AM »
I doubt he'd be able to use the same name though, so as a result I don't think he'd work out as well in another promotion (whether he could keep the gimmick somehow, I'm not sure, but I still don't think it would work with a different name).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Axel

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2009, 02:05:46 AM »
I find it interesting because he was going to sign with TNA in the beginning but fell through. The "Self Announced" gimmick is what he was going to use in TNA, basically creating a Rock like character but he ended up using it with WWE instead.

Hopefully TNA is willing to give him a second chance cause I really want to see him succeed in the business, reguardless if he was in WWE or not. He deserves a shot.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2009, 02:09:55 AM »
TNA!!!!!!!

Quote from: Sinc Mercier;28499
All I can say to this is that if he doesnt wrestle anymore period after his debut I probably wouldnt watch any type of wrestling again in a very long time.

The fans gave him an initial bad reaction in LA, he is injury prone, and people apparently hate how he got so many pushes. But if there is one thing in defense for this guy is that injuries happen in wrestling all the time, and people are giving him a constant hard time for it. He may have got one too many pushes, but he is also being hated on for the wrong reasons.

If he retires after this god speed, but I don't expect WWE to get any better. If their gonna be dropping good talent I.E. Colt Cabana and Mr. Kennedy and they don't actually build them up, which they rarely do anymore, then WWE will eventually fail, even though it is already failing. Really the hardcore fans it ever has anymore are little kids, and that's who they want to focus on, the little kids. WWE remains a mess and this just makes it worse, he had great in ring skills, tremendous mic talent, and he went over great with the fans as a heel, he should never have gone face.

And one final thing, you can't deny that Kennedy cares about WWE and the business, he doesn't take roids like Batista and Cena, and he is legit in the ring, unlike Cena who does like 5 moves and Batista who does powerbombs and spinebusters, Kennedy is one of the greatest athletes AND promoters WWE has ever had, this just makes me sick. And I doubt this is a work either, being injury prone really hurts MK, and I wish it didn't have to end this way.

I'm sorry man I usually get along with you but I disagree with you here. Why is WWE going to fail? Because they release talent that they have no use for and that the IWC likes? Kennedy doesn't sell, he wasn't in the ring enough to sell. I can only assume he had a fairly lucrative contract which wasn't doing WWE any good, paying him to heal his newest injury. Sure, he's a great wrestler and great on the mic, but this strikes me as a business decision. I often draw on comparison to regular business, if a company offers an unlimited amount of sick days, and an employee is always sick and never comes into work, then he's eventually going to get fired because he's not productive. Obviously it's a little different in this case, but the general concept applies.

Kennedy was a liability for WWE. Just like Kurt Angle was. And despite any potential he might have had, it wasn't worth it to keep him around. Don't you think Kurt Angle would still be selling out wrestlemanias if he was still with WWE?

Quote from: Axel;28500
That's it, I've had it with WWE. I'm simply sick of their bullshit, Kennedy is injury prone unfortunately but they still would rather keep around The Great Khali which if I remember correctly was very close to not being able to wrestle due to his knees.

I've read and listened to interviews of Kennedy and he wanted to be a World Champ and reguardless of his injurys he should have been a champ a LONG time ago. The only title he has ever held was the US title and that was once.

Kennedy was the only wrestler they had that had a attitude era persona and they screw him over.

I've had it with WWE. They continue to crap on their talented stars but would rather use the same old lame wrestlers like Batista, Cena and Triple H.

They did the same crap to Elijah Burke. It pisses me off, I'm done with them.

I'm sorry, I usually try and tolerate you, but this post is just garbage. You're just pissed off because someone you like got released. Don't you think a bunch of people would be pissed off if their favorite wrestlers got released? Whether it be Cena, Batista, Triple H, or even, God forbid, Khali? You know nothing about the circumstances of his release yet you make it sound like it's the biggest stupidity of all time that he got released and Khali didn't. The guy has been injured for the better part of 2 years. He's been costing WWE money and giving nothing back. What's the point of keeping him around? Make him announcer? Pay him a wrestler's salary and benefits to announce matches?

You rag on Khali, but he caters to an entire market of people in India.

You rag on Cena, but he brings in thousands of new fans to the WWE every year.

You rag on Batista but he still gets killer reactions from the crowd.

You rag on Triple H but whatever anyone may think about him in terms of politics he kept the WWE afloat and stuck by them during the years when all their major stars were leaving and ratings were plummeting.

It's the fact that YOU think he should have been a world champion. Not that he actually should have been one. Because if he actually should have been a world champion, he would have actually won it. But he didn't. Because he's a liability to a wrestling company that runs hundreds of shows a year. But sure! Let's put the world title on a guy who's missed most of the last 2 years and then go tour dozens of countries around the world, wrestling 4 or 5 nights a week!

Makes perfect sense.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kennedy, but if you don't understand why the WWE released him, then you're truly naive. The guy brought almost nothing to the WWE for the last 2 years (other than a straight to DVD release movie), and got paid for all of it. If I was his employer I'd be pretty sick of him too.

But hey, you should be happy, he'll go to your favorite promotion now and use his WWE-developed skills and popularity to have a fail run as TNA world champ. And the wheels on the bus keep spinning.

Offline Axel

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2009, 02:14:01 AM »
I don't give a money's nut say what those old talentless wrestlers do for WWE. They're a complete waste to me and If they became so damn big, I'm pretty damn sure they could push newer stars WITH TALENT to that same position.

FYI, Kozlov is next to get released.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2009, 02:19:05 AM »
Quote from: Axel;28511
I don't give a money's nut say what those old talentless wrestlers do for WWE. They're a complete waste to me and If they became so damn big, I'm pretty damn sure they could push newer stars WITH TALENT to that same position.

FYI, Kozlov is next to get released.

So you're basically saying that you don't give a shit about anything logical when talking about the wrestlers that WWE actually pushes vs. the no-heat jobbers like Elijah etc that you simply like.

Just because you don't think someone has talent doesn't mean he doesn't. Cena has talent, he just wrestles a different style than what you like to watch. Batista too. You don't have to chain wrestle or do crazy flips in the air to be talented, that's bogus. Cena, Batista, and Triple H are talented in their own rights, and more over, they draw and they contribute to the company, something that Kennedy never did. So you like him, big whoop, means absolutely nothing. Thankfully for you there are companies like TNGay and ROH that cater to your likes, but why should you shit on everything WWE does? If you don't like it, that's fine, but make sense, Cena's the best thing to happen to the business in almost a decade.

Offline Axel

Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2009, 02:25:17 AM »
Well, I look at everything with an open mind.

I've seen WWE get rid of guys that could have been something if they actually put in effort into them.

There PPVs have been simply boring, only a couple good things come out of them.

Their Tag Team wrestling has been simply awful.

They don't use the best Tag Team they have, Cryme Tyme which they rehired after the fans wanted them back and they continue to mis-use them.

Don't get me wrong, I use to breath WWE but it's just been simply lame and crappy.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Mr Kennedy Released
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2009, 02:34:27 AM »
Well, I look at everything with an open mind.

You clearly don't if you think that 3 of their top people are talentless wrestlers and don't care in the slightest about their how they've contributed to the WWE and to the business as a whole.

I've seen WWE get rid of guys that could have been something if they actually put in effort into them.

Versus the ones they have put an effort into, like Orton, Edge, Cena, Batista, Umaga, Punk, Swagger, and anyone else who they kept and pushed versus the few wrestlers you liked that they released?

There PPVs have been simply boring, only a couple good things come out of them.

That's your personal opinion and you're entitled to it. If that's the case though, then don't watch them.

Their Tag Team wrestling has been simply awful.

Who gives a shit? I mean, it would be good for it to be better, but for the one match a night? Who cares? You bring it up as a main argument as if it would change anything if they did have great tag team wrestling.

They don't use the best Tag Team they have, Cryme Tyme which they rehired after the fans wanted them back and they continue to mis-use them.

Versus Priceless, who they've built to be main eventers? Versus Primo and Carlito, one of whom they've stuck with no matter what crap he spewed about triple H or who ever? Verus Miz and Morrison, who teamed for a good 2 years before being broken up for singles pushes? Once again, tag team wrestling isn't significant enough to warrant this kind of complaint. If they do build good tag teams, it's only to break them up eventually and make them singles stars.

Don't get me wrong, I use to breath WWE but it's just been simply lame and crappy.

Good, then go enjoy the lame and crappy storylines TNA puts on., Once again, it's a personal opinion and in general I kind of agree with you, I don't watch nearly as much WWE as i used to, but don't judge them because they make business decisions just like any other company would...