Author Topic: WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Dale

WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion
« Reply #45 on: 8 December 2008, 09:37:19 PM »
Confirmed Matches:

* Batista vs. Triple H

* Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy

* World Champion John Cena vs. WWE Champion Edge

* Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio - Intercontinental Tournament

* CM Punk vs. John Morrison - Intercontinental Tournament
----------------

The show could potentially be HUGE judging by the matches. The two IC tournament matches should be very good, I just hope we dont see Knox getting involved which im sure he will end up doing :no:

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #46 on: 8 December 2008, 10:37:31 PM »
R-Truth just won musical performance of the year.

Miz and Morrison get best WWE.COM exclusive.

Todd Grisham and Matt Striker win announce team of the year.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #47 on: 9 December 2008, 01:43:00 AM »
Nice to see Grisham and Striker get some notice. Can't say I disagree with any of the awards so far. I mean I wanted Kingston to win breakout star, but Kozlov makes sense too... he was in a world title match.

Can't wait for the rest of them.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #48 on: 9 December 2008, 11:14:15 AM »
Good show, I was very surprised and happy that Jericho won the superstar of the year award. I actually thought it would be Jeff Hardy who I do not think is as deserving. Most the results were predictable e.g. Miz and morrison as tag team, Beth phoenix was diva etc but they were only predictable because it was clear that those people deserved the award the most.
Shelton's fall from the ladder onto another was definitely the most extreme moment, shame it wasn't nominated but I guess that is because it was an injury to himself. I just like the way he competed on the next show after that epic match.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 9 December 2008, 11:18:18 AM »
I didn't expect Khali's Kiss Cam to win, but I sure am jealous of him getting to kiss Mickie James (and I'm sure I'm not the only one ;)). It was pretty clear that Mickie James wasn't in the least bit shy about it :)
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #50 on: 9 December 2008, 11:42:48 AM »
Amazing show. all the awards were given to the right people too..well more i don't have a problem with the people who won. though i would have picked JR and tazz over Grisham and Striker.

But anyways this show was awesome. i loved almost every segment and of a 3 hour show that sure is saying something.

I may go into detail a bit later but for me this ranks up there with the 6/12 Impact for best Free Telivised show of the year.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: 9 December 2008, 12:08:45 PM »
I was definitely glad to see Charlie Haas back at doing another impression though, since lately Raw never seems to be as enjoyable unless it has Charlie Haas in his latest incarnation, but he hadn't been seen for a couple of weeks.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #52 on: 9 December 2008, 05:18:22 PM »
VERY good raw. Great matches (especially the tournament semis), the awards were perfectly executed, and good ending to the show. Was fun to watch, beginning to end, and it's really given me some faith in the WWE when I needed it.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #53 on: 9 December 2008, 05:27:11 PM »
I enjoyed Raw, I'm REALLY looking forward to CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio - it has the potential to be a superb match if given enough time on PPV. - I hated that the Smackdown main event for Armageddon got the spotlight to end the show, though. It seemed so random.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: 9 December 2008, 05:49:36 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;19339
I hated that the Smackdown main event for Armageddon got the spotlight to end the show, though. It seemed so random.

Exactly my thoughts - that is something that could've easily been relegated to end SmackDown instead. Of course it's understandable that the focus is to still make SmackDown! the best it can be like they've done with Raw, but I can't help but think if they do it this way, then in the process they are trying to say that Raw isn't important enough any more.

Overall I do agree that it was a pretty entertaining show though :mdr:

Offline Dale

« Reply #55 on: 11 December 2008, 02:10:17 AM »
Must have been just me who didn't enjoy this show then :no

I was just so disinterested it was unbelievable and felt quite let down by it, although i've pretty much come to expect that now from these "specials"