Author Topic: WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
WWE Slammy Awards 2008 + Raw Discussion
« Reply #30 on: 4 December 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
Agreed Caz.

As for the next picks i gotta go with the Shooting Sydal Press and Miz and Morison with no question.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #31 on: 5 December 2008, 07:13:13 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;19026
Well there's been no details on how people can vote for the winners, so yeah, it appears as if the WWE will be choosing who gets what. Unless they have something big planned for it, I don't see why they couldn't do voting via the website for the winners because it would increase the monthly traffic to wwe.com

Ya that's surprising... but maybe it was a last minute thing and they didn't have time to set up the contracts for the online voting or phone voting or whatever... They must have a reason for it.

As for the new categories announced, I'll go with the following:

- Couple: It's a tough one, but i'll go with Edge and Vickie.

- OMG moment: Another tough one but i'll go with Cena's return.

- Best finisher: I'm surprised they gave it a name... Taker's Gate to Hell, with the Shooting Star Press a close second. Orton should have had the punt in there.

- Best Tag team: Miz and Morisson. Biscuits and Gravy should have been nominated :mad:

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #32 on: 5 December 2008, 09:21:01 PM »
More Nominees:

Most Extreme Moment of 2008
Jeff Hardy

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #33 on: 5 December 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
For me it would be the Taker table bump (I didn't see him doing it) - and Santino doing Melina's entrance, that had me in HYSTERICS.

Offline Dale

« Reply #34 on: 5 December 2008, 10:45:05 PM »
Wait, was the Taker bump the one where he fell from the top of the ladder in the ring, to the outside where there was one or two tables? If it is that one, then I would change my vote to that =]

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #35 on: 5 December 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
I think it was four tables, but yeah - it happened at One Night Stand.

I was shocked as hell to see him do it, especially considering he was about to take time to rest up an injury; didn't think we'd be seeing anything too big.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
~!Z
« Reply #36 on: 6 December 2008, 05:27:36 AM »
Most Extreme Moment of 2008
Jeff Hardy

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #37 on: 6 December 2008, 07:50:16 AM »
I would go with jeff hardys spot and then i guess i would go with CM Punk for the damn moment because it was probably the best moment of them all for me.

Offline Dale

« Reply #38 on: 6 December 2008, 08:08:55 PM »
More nominees announced, (Winners announced on wwe.com)

Best WWE.com Exclusive
Cryme Tyme's "Word Up!"
The Miz and John Morrison present "The Dirt Sheet"
Santino's Casa
Out-think the Fink

Breakout Star of the Year
Kofi Kingston
Vladimir Koslov
Evan Bourne
Ted Dibiase

Best Musical Performance
R-Truth's Entrance (Smackdown, Sept 15)
Santino rapping to Akon (RAW, Nov 17)
Edge singing "Heaven" to Vickie (Smackdown, Feb 15)
The Miz and John Morrison rap (The Dirt Sheet, Aug 29)

Announce Team of the Year
Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole
Jim Ross and Tazz
Matt Striker and Todd Grisham

Best Impersonation
Charlie Haas as "Haas" Hogan (RAW, Oct 13)
Charlie Haas as "CHL" (RAW, Sept 8)
Charlie Haas as "The Glamahass" (RAW, Oct 27)
Charlie Haas as Mr Perfect (RAW, Sept 22)
WWE.com exlusive - Santino's casa for me, i'm always in stitches at it. Cryme Tyme's Word Up in second.

Breakout Star - I would probably have to go with Kofi because of the success that he has achieved, IC champ + Tag champ.

Musical Performance - None. Santino singing about Austin's Condemned to Amy Whinehouse's - Rehab.

Announce Team - JR & Tazz. Really enjoy these two together. Striker & Grisham are good, just not on the level of those two yet.

Best Impersonation - Mr Perfect, although I preferred it when Santino impersonated Austin.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #39 on: 6 December 2008, 08:11:25 PM »
Dirt Sheet, Evan Bourne, Miz & Morrison rapping, Matt Striker & Todd Grisham & Charlie Haas as Beth Phoenix.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 7 December 2008, 01:01:54 AM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;19154
Dirt Sheet, Evan Bourne, Miz & Morrison rapping, Matt Striker & Todd Grisham & Charlie Haas as Beth Phoenix.

Those are all my picks although i kind of agree with dale i think tazz and JR may have an edge over grisham and striker although i love striker. grisham can be annoying for me. and with both SD guys i just enjoy both of them.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 7 December 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Best DAMN! Moment without a doubt has got to be Santino attempting Melina's entrance (plus the Goldust bit backstage afterwards) - it was just too funny not to be.

Best Impersonation? I probably would've preferred Stone Cold Steve Haastin, but since that's not in the list, it has to be CHL.

Best Finisher? I'd have to say the RKO, with the Hells Gate as a close second.

Most Extreme Moment? Probably Undertaker going through the tables, with HBK's head being smashed into the Jeritron a close second.

Best Musical Performance? As funny and enjoying as Santino's rap was, I'd say it would have to go to R-Truth.

Best Announce Team? My vote would be for J.R and Tazz - it works very well, which I must admit I was surprised about, since I thought the best announce team chemistry was when J.R was paired up with King, and Cole was paired up with Tazz. I'm not as sure whether Cole and King works as well as J.R and Tazz does though unfortunately.

Couple Of The Year? Well, I don't understand what Finlay and Hornswoggle are doing in the list, but I would have to say without a doubt Edge and Vickie.

OMG Moment of the Year? As much as I don't like John Cena, I would still have to say his return at the Royal Rumble would claim this. CM Punk cashing in Money In The Bank when he did was something I pretty much expected since it obviously mirrored what Edge did to the Undertaker.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #42 on: 8 December 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
These ones might be a tad bit tougher..

Best WWE.com Exclusive

Santino's Casa

Breakout Star of the Year
Kingston... two championships over the course of the year really beats out anything else.

Best Musical Performance
The Miz and John Morrison rap (The Dirt Sheet, Aug 29). It was seriously epic if you haven't heard it. It had me in stitches. Although I do like R-Truth's entrance.

Announce Team of the Year
They're all good but I'm going to go with JR and Tazz.

Best Impersonation
Really it should be Stone Cold Steve Haasten... but I'm going to go with "Haas" Hogan (RAW, Oct 13)

Offline Dale

« Reply #43 on: 8 December 2008, 09:22:48 PM »
And the award for the Breakout Star Of The Year as announced on wwe.com goes to....

Vladimir Kozlov.

----------

Must say i'm a bit dissapointed about this and hopefully it's not a sign of things to come from tonights awards, where they will give them to people who they are trying to get over etc.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
« Reply #44 on: 8 December 2008, 09:27:47 PM »
Kozlov? - Meh, I'm not happy or disappointed - more just acceptant.