Author Topic: Official: TNA BACK to Thursdays  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Gorsty

Official: TNA BACK to Thursdays
« Reply #30 on: 30 December 2009, 08:32:45 PM »
Live on Virgin 1 I think

Offline deadman

« Reply #31 on: 30 December 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
its not on sky sports 1 2 3 or bravo or bravo 2 or virgin it was on bravo now its not there help

Offline Dale

« Reply #32 on: 31 December 2009, 12:22:06 AM »
Rofl, why would it be on skysports :lol

Go on their website or something and look for international listings

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 31 December 2009, 01:19:04 AM »
Quote from: deadman;36947
i am in the uk when will tna show be on here

Apparently it is usually shown in the UK on Bravo on Saturdays at 9pm, so assuming it will be the same case with that: Saturday 9th January.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Big Daddy V

• Favourite Wrestler(s): HBK, Daniel Bryan, Big Daddy V, John Morrison, Goldust, Booker T, CM Punk.
« Reply #34 on: 31 December 2009, 01:29:53 AM »
What's all the fuss about anyhow ???

@lewlew94

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #35 on: 31 December 2009, 03:08:06 AM »
Quote from: Big Daddy V;36965

Hulkamania is gonna run wild on TNA Brother!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Big Daddy V

• Favourite Wrestler(s): HBK, Daniel Bryan, Big Daddy V, John Morrison, Goldust, Booker T, CM Punk.
« Reply #36 on: 31 December 2009, 02:17:05 PM »
Quote from: Hollywood Prax;36967
Quote from: Big Daddy V;36965

Hulkamania is gonna run wild on TNA Brother!

Oh is that it !?
In TNA ... who honestly gives a shit ? :tumble

@lewlew94

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #37 on: 31 December 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
It is *kind of* a big deal I guess... depending on how they handle it. But honestly I've pretty much been in the same boat as you. He's going to come out and cut the same promo he's been cutting for 20 years, he's going to confront someone like Kurt Angle, big boot, leg drop, and pose for 20 minutes.

Now they could surprise us and turn him heel, but even that's been done before. The only thing that Hogan hasn't done is face Austin, and if that's EVER going to happen, it'll be in WWE. And it won't happen. So there's no way TNA can be original with this. Who knows though, they may have something huge up their sleeves that they aren't telling us. but somehow I doubt it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #38 on: 31 December 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
If its anything they will bring flair in. but nothing like bringing austin in and to be honest i wouldn't want to see them bring austin in....hell to be honest i don't want them to bring hogan and flair in. but at least they are trying to get there name out there more which is something they haven't done a good job at ever.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #39 on: 5 January 2010, 12:19:50 AM »
PAUL HEYMAN: The Real Story Behind "The Monday Night War 2010"

Very good read on tonight's events. Heyman theorizes that it's Spike vs. USA more than it is anything else, and it's so true. I love the Dana White quote where he pretty much puts over WWE. Still, the ratings watch is going to be super interesting tomorrow.

Also:

Hulk Hogan appeared on BJ Shea's Morning Experience this morning on 99.9 in Seattle, Washington to promote tonight's live TNA Impact special.
Hogan claimed that Vince McMahon was worried about TNA being on Monday night just based on the fact that Bret Hart was being brought in to host Raw.  Hogan said people within WWE have told him it's chaos there and just by giving fans a choice, "I win again." Hogan promised to show everyone how much fun wrestling can be again and promised that everyone needed to tune in right from the start because they would be kicking things off fast and hard.

Hogan said a few months ago, he had the chance to go back to WWE but, "didn't want to play the political game with Shawn Michaels and Triple H" and "getting in trouble because the fans cheered too loud for me."  He compared going to TNA to going to WCW and starting the NWO and commented, "WWE is in a whole lot of trouble."  He said that before, if WWE "wanted to run Randy Orton vs. John Cena for 30 weeks in a row, there was no choice", but now, fans will have a choice.

During the appearance, Hogan responded to comments made by former WWE World champion CM Punk about Hogan being out for himself, not TNA and for Hogan to "prove him wrong."

After listening to the comments from Punk, Hogan commented, "Well, you know, it's kind of like the law of attraction.  He's probably going to attract more of that negative stuff to his career because, you know, if you're functioning on that level, that's probably what you are going to attract, but at the end of the day, you know, I was selling out Madison Square Garden when that kid was pooping in his diapers, so you know, you're going to see what I'm all about.  I'm not there to wrestle.  I don't have a contract to wrestle.  I'm there to run this company.  Make it better, like I said, give the talent a choice.  All the talents that are locked in there...I'm sure Vince McMahon is giving CM Punk the big push but paying him crumbs, because I know how that goes, because I'm giving the fans a choice, and the talent a choice and I'm going to prove to this negative guy that he's wrong."

When asked about Punk making a "personal attack", Hogan responded, "That's cool.  I understand he's surrounded by negative stuff up there and I can see why he's jaded in his opinion.  One of the things that I learned a long time ago is that you can't judge anyone.  You can't judge a book by it's cover.  Some of the craziest looking, weirdest people seem to be the nicest people and the most honest people in the world.  I would never judge anyone before I meet them.  Some day down the road, CM Punk and I are probably going to work together and I would never judge him under any preconceived notions.  I would judge him on the type of person he was when I met him.  It's all good, brother.  I am vibing so high brother.  I am going to reward those who are with me and those who aren't my friends, I am going to win them over and make them my friends."

lul.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #40 on: 5 January 2010, 06:29:19 AM »
Was such a great show though a little too much talking not enough wrestling would be my only major problem.

AJ vs Kurt was awesome and an early front runner for MOTY.

Flair being there was a shocker and im interested to see where its going to go from there.

also interested to see where the bobby lashley storyline is going. especially since he signed with strikeforce maybe he will legitly be leaving TNA. i would just like to see Joe get his revenge on him before he left.

Joe vs Abyss was really good.

the steel asylum was ok but was more to get homicides crazy loose cannon character over and to have jeff come back early in the show so people would want to watch the rest of the night to see what would happen.

both knockouts matches were good i especially liked the KO tag title match. at first i didn't like hamada ata ll but now she is coming one of my favorites.

im not sure about this whole NWO regroup yet because i turned the channel to raw at the part where hogan was talking to hall and pac just because i wanted to see what bret had to say to HBK. then my gf showed up with a new puppy so i missed a little after that too.

beer money didn't get featured really which kind of pissed me off. and i wouldhave thought 3D would at least get a mention but we got a show coming up thursday so its no big deal.

im also digging this storyline where JJ and Foley seemed to be getting kicked to the side because it seems kind of real in some ways and i can't help but want to root for them just cause i hate hogan but i did think he an TNA put on a good show.

overall this has been one of the most fun nights i have had in a while and i haven't even watched most of raw yet but what i saw of raw was good too though i thought it was going to be a 3 hour show as well.

hernandez & morgan squashing stevie and raven was ok. im just not high on them being a tag team because we ha something just like this with morgan and abyss a year or 2 ago.

pope vs wolfe was really good. im a big fan of both guys especially pope since coming to TNA that guy has charisma he's really good in the ring and has originality.

seeing Orlando Jordon and Val Venis and the nasty boys was kind of random and pointless. though i don'ty mind Val or OJ though at the same time i don't think there is room for them at least in the ring maybe val could keep working with TBP and i would like to see OJ have some sort of backstage role or masybe feud with pope or something though it looks like maybe pope and wolfe will be feuding now which is even better.

crowed was awesome so props to them. TNA managed the live thing pretty well too for them being used to being taped i actually thought the production was better than a taped impact. but it was kind of annoying hearing the whole show cut out when the crowed chanted bullshit.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #41 on: 5 January 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
I'm not going to lie, I'm one of the most bias people with an opinion on TNA, everyone knows that. But I watched the first hour of this show as objectively as a could, and I have to say I didn't see anything that drew me in and that would keep me from tuning into RAW.

The opening match was a clusterfuck. Nevermind that red cage looks like crap, nothing happened in the match. Despite the shocker of Jeff coming back at the end, TNA should have gone with a proper match here. The one thing they have over WWE is quality matches in the ring, and they should have gone with that as an opener, not an 8 minute spotfest that went nowhere.

Also, is it just me, or did Hardy look really uninterested with being there? I'll give them credit for getting jeff, but they should have told him to look a little more excited.

The knockouts match was alright but I'm not going to lie, women's wrestling doesn't interest me very much. I know it's one of their main draws though and that's fine.

Otherwise, did anything else happen in the first hour? It seemed like a bunch of useless promos between super long and often commercials until the 8:56 mark... I realize they were probably getting them out of the way for the long main event as well as the Hogan segment, but damn, you want to draw an audience in for the first hour...

Before I get to the Hogan stuff I want to comment on some of these returns. I understand Hardy, I understand Flair, but what's the point of bringing in Val and Orlando Jordan (amongst others)? They bring nothing to your product other than filling it up with more WWE guys... Useless...

As for Hogan, in Canada RAW starts 15 minutes late because of a countdown show (stupidest thing ever but anyway), so I got to watch his debut. Did anything happen in this segment? This is literally what happened:

Hogan: What's happening brothers?

*commercial*

*TNA crowd pops and chants something stupid.*

*commercial*

Hall/X-Pac: *slurring* Hey Hulk.

*commercial*

Nash: Sup guys, when do I get paid?

*commercial*

Bischoff: GTFO.

*commercial*

Nash/Hall/Pac: kthxbye.

*commercial*

Bischoff/Hogan: Things are gonna change around here brother.

*commercial*

I know I'm being a little harsh but this was basically the show... a lot of returns that led to nowhere and markout moments that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things for TNA.

Like I said at the beginning, TNA has one thing over WWE... quality wrestling. We got that in the main event, and to be honest, although I didn't watch it in full it got me to switch over a couple of times to see what was going on. I was at the Kofi/Orton match and I split time between that and Angle/Styles. That's a big thing for a WWE fan like me...

But to fill the rest of your show with bullshit and ex-WWE guys is useless.

Reforming the NWO at the end was useless.

Flair was a shocker but useless.

The Asylum match was useless.

The TBP strip poker segs were useless.

Hogan was useless...

Most people will tell you that there was no way for TNA to fail last night, but for me, that's setting the bar super low. I guess the ratings will tell us what everyone else thought, but that show gave me nothing to make me tune in in the coming weeks or if they ever go to monday again. And I actually went into that show kind of excited to see what they could do.

I'm not trying to hate here, I'm being super honest for once about TNA. But in one night, they managed to squeeze any hope I had for them out of me. In one night they changed from TNA to WCW 2010. And if they keep things going like they did last night, it's not going to help them.

And by the way, if you're going to claim that you're know the #1 company, at least find a way to increase your production values, that something that WWE kills you at. It's as if they had a baby filming backstage promos with a camcorder...

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #42 on: 5 January 2010, 03:16:52 PM »
I really wanted TNA take to take the opportunity and turn things around, but once again; we get a complete joke.

The introduction of everybody and anybody available to work for them, the ridiculous matches (Why does Homicide get DQ'd in a CAGE MATCH, but AJ Styles can be attacked mid main event without a DQ?) and the lack of general direction all put me off the show. That being said, bad show or not; I would like to see iMPACT! moved to Monday full time, even if they do put on a bad show each week.

The atmosphere of it all (even though it fell throughout the night) was... exciting.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #43 on: 5 January 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
Quote from: AngryCaz;37053
I really wanted TNA take to take the opportunity and turn things around, but once again; we get a complete joke.

The introduction of everybody and anybody available to work for them, the ridiculous matches (Why does Homicide get DQ'd in a CAGE MATCH, but AJ Styles can be attacked mid main event without a DQ?) and the lack of general direction all put me off the show. That being said, bad show or not; I would like to see iMPACT! moved to Monday full time, even if they do put on a bad show each week.

The atmosphere of it all (even though it fell throughout the night) was... exciting.

This is basically how I feel, but if that's what they're going to put out as a show, I'm never going to watch that crap again, and certainly not over WWE. Basically I'm going to download AJ/Angle and that's pretty much it... maybe read a few spoilers to see how they handle the nuNWO and see if they actually use it to push anyone this time...

Otherwise this show was a complete clusterfuck as usual.

Offline Gorsty

« Reply #44 on: 5 January 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
The "getting DQ'd in a cage match" thing is a wierd one, but I suppose the rule was you have to get out of the hole at the top, they've never really gone into any DQ situations because nothing like that has happened in any of the previous matches, I have to say, I was thinking "what the fuck just happened" afterwards, but if that was the best way to introduce Hardy back then so be it, I have to admit, not expecting it made his music starting seem even better.

As for the AJ/Angle situation with the lack of a DQ, I might have to watch it back, but did the ref actually see the attack on AJ? I'm sure he was facing Angle and all he would have saw was a guy in a mask in the ring before Angle beat him out of it which wouldn't be a DQ anyway, to quote King and many other heel commentators from the past, its not cheating if you don't get caught.