Author Topic: TNA sucks / Random Discussion  (Read 60641 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: TNA sucks / Random Discussion
« Reply #570 on: 15 May 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Not many people will be interested but I just wanted to say i thought TNA Sacrifice was a very good PPV. that's 2 in a row now for TNA i hope they keep the trend going.

Daniel & Kazarian vs Joe & Magnus was really good.
TV title match was pretty good. nothing bad and it was kind of fun.
Knockouts title match i skipped so i can't comment on that.
Hardy vs Anderson was good until the end which was botched by Earl Hebner. I can't stand that Referee.
All the Joeseph parks stuff was amazing!
Bully Ray and Austin Aries backstage promos were really good. Bully Ray saying he doesn't use twitter and if you want to reach him you gotta go old school....myspace.com/calvezilla. lmao.
Bully Ray vs Austin Aries was great! a MOTYC.
Crimson promo i thought was pretty good. im kind of warming up to him i think he plays the heel role better than a face role.
Crimson vs Eric Young was pretty good. Anything with Eric Young is always fun.
AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle was another great match and another MOTYC.
Roode vs RVD was pretty good. nothing great though. especially since it was a ladder match. it just goes to show that RVD is way passed his prime and either needs to retire or maybe join in some tag team.

Overall it was a really good show. If nothing else i would check out Bully Ray vs Aries and Styles vs Angle.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #571 on: 16 May 2012, 05:20:19 PM »
Agree with ya Adam, first of all, was a hell of a opener to the PPV, WWE take pointers.Even though I wanted Joe and Magnus to keep the title a little longer, wasn't too pissed off that Daniels and Kaz won.Knockouts match was solid, better than WWE has down with their divas the past couple of months for sure.Brooke might claim the Knockouts title, to shake up the division, cause it needs it.Hardy vs Anderson usually is good matches, thought it was average.Park is getting on my nerves alittle, he acts like a second rate JBL.I remember dissing Park on twitter, he was saying something about his so called brother, and I said on twitter, cough..cough whatever you say Abyss.He tweeted back to me, you should get that cough checked out,lol.Promos done with Aries and Bully Ray were boss, he's a great quote, "When I am on Twitta I trend on Twitta!" -Bully Ray.The match itself boss, my friend nearly got killed when Aries hit the guailrail, he was wearing a Machinima T-shirt, and the other guy on the right, is a friend too.They both do various amount of streams, and gaming on a weekly basis.I wonder if Aries vs Ray 2 will happen at Slammiversary but I doubt it.Angle vs Styles beautifully done.RVD vs Roode, great spots with RVD, Roode did well in a match he's not used to being in.I wonder if RVD was truely injured because RVD kicking the Ladder, and Roode just grabbing the title, felt weird to me, thought the  match would go longer. Overall grade for me, 8.5 out of 10.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #572 on: 18 May 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
Tony Nese confirmed today on his official Twitter account that he requested his release from TNA. His post is included below:

I wanted to be the first to inform everyone that I have requested my release from TNA Wrestling. As a professional wrestler I have many goals and dreams that I work hard to achieve, one of them was to have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience on national television and I thank TNA Wrestling for providing me with that opportunity. Another goal of mine is to wrestle against some of the top international superstars with the chances to travel the world and work for some of the best international companies that have the best talent in wrestling today.

I have recently been approached with an opportunity to step in the ring with The Great Muta, a wrestling legend, and one of All Japan Pro Wrestling’s top wrestlers Kai. This is an opportunity that I feel with help me further my goals and career. This event will be provided via IPPV and unfortunately my TNA contract did not allow me to perform on such events. I requested that an exception would be granted given my lack of appearances but was denied. My next action was to request a release as I think it will be in my best interest.

I would like to thank TNA Wrestling for helping me achieve one of my goals as it is very few in this business that are able to say they have. I would also like to thank all the people that support me as this is just a small chapter coming to an end in my career and I have many more exciting opportunities in my future to come. – Anthony Nese

Not big news for a lot of people but i always liked Nese i thought he was great from everything i have seen and thought he should be x division champion. Such a great waste of talent by TNA on this one and the guy seems like a really good guy.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #573 on: 18 May 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
http://Brooke Hogan is following in her father's giant yellow footsteps ... TMZ has learned she just inked a deal to join the TNA Wrestling family.

TNA President Dixie Carter tells TMZ ... Brooke is NOT going to be a wrestler ... but rather an executive who will be tasked to develop female talent.

We're told Brooke's duties will help up and coming she-wrestlers develop their characters, help with backstage promos and even consult on entrance music.

Obviously, 24-year-old Brooke has been around the wrestling world her entire life ... and believes she can help improve the organization. It doesn't hurt that her father also works for TNA.

Carter tells us, "Brooke is such a great talent who's really sharp and will make a great addition to the TNA family."

Goodnight Sweet Knockouts Division.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #574 on: 22 May 2012, 08:10:18 AM »
According to F4WOnline.com, Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA Wrestling shortly when his contract expires as he has chosen not to renew.

As noted earlier, WWE is looking at doing a "cruiserweight" show on the WWE Network and they are said to be interested in Shelley.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more.

Would love to see Shelley in WWE. also would love to see Sabin to singles wrestling in the x division in TNA. as much as i love MMG I miss seeing sabin in singles X-D action.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #575 on: 22 May 2012, 02:34:36 PM »
TNA have misused the Guns lately, when Sabin returned I thought the Guns would clash in a best outta 5 with Joe and Magnus didn't happen at all.Next I would of thought one them turn on the other, to give the X-Division some more respect than just Aries.If Shelley does leave TNA, Sabin will follow, and I imagine WWE have them in FCW for a couple of months, then come up to the main roster, but that's if..Shelley leaves.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #576 on: 23 May 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
According to several sources close to the situation, Ric Flair has indeed quit Impact Wrestling, and he basically just stopped showing up to events. The assumption at this point is that he's going to sign a WWE Legends deal and help fill time on the new TV network. Flair has energy drink and lottery endorsements to fall back on, too.

Additionally, WZ has learned that Alex Shelley quit TNA as well. Apparently WWE will fill extra TV time with, among other things, a Cruiserweight division and/or tag teams, and are looking for smaller wrestlers by way of stocking either, or both. While it has not been confirmed, Shelley will likely go to WWE. There has also been talk of WWE running a Cruiserweight show on the new Network, which could also be a possibility for Shelley.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Flair back in WWE. Shelley, I don't know.

Offline ftwpodcast

• FTWPodcast.com
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk
« Reply #577 on: 23 May 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
Shelley, I'm not sure about. But on this week's show (out later on today) we all definitely agree that Flair will be back in WWE. Just not sure how.
Much like you, we talk about wrestling. Just, in podcast form: ftwpodcast.com

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #578 on: 14 June 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
According to F4WOnline.com, there might be an ulterior motive for Scott Steiner's recent Twitter rants, aimed at Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, aside from simple venting.

The report notes that Steiner and Jeff Jarrett are very close, and Steiner's recent verbal attacks of both Bischoff and Hogan might be an attempt to get Jarrett back into power in TNA.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #579 on: 15 June 2012, 12:37:40 AM »
I love living in a world where Scott Steiner is right. Wait, no i fucking don't.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #580 on: 16 June 2012, 03:28:23 AM »
Picture doesn't work.

But i kind of feel like Jeff got screwed in all this. It was his company and i don't know what happened really but it seems like he got pushed out the door.

With that said i think he may be returning to feud with Sting.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #581 on: 19 July 2012, 07:29:32 AM »
According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, TNA Wrestling officials are hopeful that their efforts toward improving the product will result in better business by this fall, whether it's increased pay-per-view purchase numbers or attendance.

"Meltzer adds, "I think everyone realizes that the people who gave up on TNA are not going to come back quickly, and word-of-mouth, even today when you’ve got social media, can't turn things around. They realize they have a lot to do to rebuild fan trust in the product."

Just saying it's a good time to start watching or start re watching some TNA it has been really good for most of the year.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #582 on: 19 July 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
Thursdays are tough for me based on my TV viewing but if I give up WWE after next week I might give it a shot. I watch on occasion as it is but don't really follow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: 19 July 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
Quote from: @mexwarrior
Well, the news is out..Chavo is TNA bound!! Looking forward to facing off with some of the best talent in the biz! Thank u @TNADixie
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #584 on: 19 July 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
Nevermind what I said before, I won't watch.