Linked Events

• WWE Elimination Chamber: 17 February 2013

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Discussion  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Discussion
« on: 5 January 2013, 06:38:24 PM »
WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Sunday, 17th February 2013

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - THE ROCK LOSES TITLE IF DISQUALIFIED/COUNTED OUT

The Rock (c) vs. CM Punk

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Sheamus, Ryback, & John Cena vs. The Shield

#1 CONTENDER TO WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH

Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger vs. Chris Jericho vs. Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. The Big Show

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Kaitlyn (c) vs. Tamina Snuka

PRE-SHOW

Brodus Clay & Tensai vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

WATCH THE PRE-SHOW

That definitely hints at a chamber match with Rock involved  :D
« Last Edit: 16 February 2013, 01:52:53 AM by Awesome »

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: Elimination Chamber 2013 Poster
« Reply #1 on: 5 January 2013, 08:28:50 PM »
Can the people's champ survive the horrors of the Chamber, we will see!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
I Guess this will be the discussion thread looks like you guys were wrong about Rock :P

What's everyone thinking about the chamber PPV?
I Think it looks like it will be a good show the card is solid and the chamber matches themselves usually are very good to great.

Rock vs Punk
Del Rio vs Big Show
Chamber match: Jericho vs Swagger vs Orton vs Henry vs Kane vs Bryan
Shield vs Cena, Ryback & Sheamus
Miz vs Cesaro
And i wouldn't be shocked to see Barret vs Bo Dallas.

Potential Barret vs Dallas match probably won't be too good if it does happen. Barret isn't so great in the ring and everything i watched of Dallas in FCW and NXT i have yet to see anything special about him. I'm not sure why so many in the company are so high on him.

Cesaro vs Miz could be pretty good. Miz is the weak spot in this match obviously but i think these two can have a good match. Will be interesting to see who wins here. I kind of have a feeling we might see Miz walk away with the US title here. I just have a hard time seeing Cesaro taking the US title into mania. and i could see them have Miz Defend it against one of the cluster of heels in the WWE (Henry or Rhodes or Sandow or Swagger or Cesaro or even big show)

Del Rio vs Big show i think will be better than the match they had at the rumble just because i think the ending will be better in this match. I think they are just having a regular match which is kind of odd to go from a last man standing match to just a normal match. Either way i think we see Del Rio come away with the win and then i think we see Ziggler cashing in on him and winning the World title.

Shield vs Cena, Sheamu & Ryback should be good if the last 6 man shield match was any indication even though this time they aren't in there with any Daniel Bryans and this isn't a TLC match. I hope the shield goes over they really need a win and to come out looking strong but i don't see that happening with the guys they are going against.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with the WWE title match. I could see Punk winning via DQ or count out or whatever and winning the title back only for Rock to beat him on a Raw or something for it again. I don't know why they added that stipulation.

The Chamber its self should be very good considering i don't think there is any real lock to win it. the closest to a lock i would say is Jericho. I figure Jericho wins the chamber and ends up facing Ziggler at mania or a triple threat with Ziggler & Del Rio or Swagger could win it and face Del Rio. I have a hard time seeing anyone else winning it but i can never really count out Orton.

Overall I'm very interested in this show mostly because after it we should know more about what's gonna happen with Mania.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2013, 04:20:55 PM »
Only thing I'm looking forward too really is the six man tag just to see if they make The Shield look strong like they did at TLC. But Cena will likely bury them unless there's a screwjob finish involving Brad Maddox or new members.

Punk vs. Rock will probably be a good match but I'm not nearly as invested as I thought I would be.

Elimination Chamber seems kind of obvious to me. Legitimately 3 guys could win but I think they're obviously telegraphing a Jericho win. Swagger has been good in his return but he's not going to main event Wrestlemania after like a 4 month break. Kane and Bryan are either going to face each other or defend the tag titles. That leaves Jericho (more on that later), Henry and Orton. Orton wins and turns heel to face Del Rio. Henry can go up against him too since Del Rio is comfortable facing big guys.

But Jericho allows Ziggler, who doesn't have a match, to cash in his case after Big Show decimates Del Rio or whatever (or they could have Big Show in and immediately lose like last year), setting up Jericho/Ziggler at Mania which I think everyone would love. Is that a big enough match? Is it fair that Jericho gets two title shots two wrestlemanias in a row as a part timer, when the other champ is a part timer too? Maybe not, but we'll see.

That aspect is sort of exciting but like I said, I'm not as invested as I probably should be.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Discussion
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2013, 06:59:51 PM »
I know what you mean about feeling invested, I don't really feel very invested in this PPV at all.

I'm expecting The Rock vs. John Cena II at WrestleMania, so as a result of that expect Cena to look strong by his team beating The Shield, and The Rock to retain his title against CM Punk.

Elimination Chamber I agree that I expect a Jericho win, with Ziggler cashing in to win the World Heavyweight Championship from the winner of the Show/Del Rio match, to set up Jericho vs. Ziggler at WrestleMania.

I expect The Miz to win the United States Championship from Antonio Cesaro, as he has obviously had multiple title shots against him before and failed, and it doesn't make sense for him to get another title shot and lose yet again.

Kaitlyn I'm expecting to retain the DIvas Championship, as she obviously hasn't held it for very long yet.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
I'm expecting The Rock vs. John Cena II at WrestleMania,
I got that part right at least, though I don't think that there was much doubt by anyone that they'd face again.

so as a result of that expect Cena to look strong by his team beating The Shield
I guess John Cena still looked strong despite The Shield winning, due to him using the Attitude Adjustment on one of the other members of The Shield just before the end.

The ending was good though, with The Shield basically winning by the skin of their teeth.

and The Rock to retain his title against CM Punk.
I was right about that, though I have to admit that when they went for the WWE Championship miss and Rock Bottom, I thought the referee would crawl into the ring, see the title, and assume that The Rock had used it and then disqualify him.

Elimination Chamber I agree that I expect a Jericho win, with Ziggler cashing in to win the World Heavyweight Championship from the winner of the Show/Del Rio match, to set up Jericho vs. Ziggler at WrestleMania.
Obviously this never happened, but was anyone actually expecting Jack Swagger to get the win?

I'm still expecting Jericho vs. Ziggler at WrestleMania, just that it obviously won't be for the title now.

I expect The Miz to win the United States Championship from Antonio Cesaro, as he has obviously had multiple title shots against him before and failed, and it doesn't make sense for him to get another title shot and lose yet again.
Once again I was wrong, but I wasn't a fan of the finish, it just seemed weak to disqualify for an accidental low blow - especially as it was Cesaro pointing it out to the referee to cause him to ring the bell.

Kaitlyn I'm expecting to retain the DIvas Championship, as she obviously hasn't held it for very long yet.
No surprises here, as I said she hasn't held it for very long so there didn't seem to be a good enough reason for her to lose it yet.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2013, 03:42:34 PM »
Can we all just talk about the fact that Jack Swagger is main eventing wrestlemania for a moment?  :eek:

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2013, 05:19:18 PM »
Can we all just talk about the fact that Jack Swagger is main eventing wrestlemania for a moment?  :eek:
I would, but I seem to be speechless on the subject other than my earlier pointing out that I don't think that any of us expected it.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 18 February 2013, 06:41:22 PM »
Swagger winning last night made the PPV and has me hyped for mania, his promo beforehand was awesome, I love the new gimmick and I can't wait to see how they handle his match at mania. Also want to give credit to Orton and Jericho, end of that match was awesome back and forth action between the two and the fact they let Swaggers go over them was great (could have easily been either guy main eventing mania and I think this should be a reason for "marks" to warm to Orton more, the guy has put over many lesser names now). Only thing I didn't like about that match was D Bryan getting eliminated first, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter too much anyway and I reckon that will be used as build for mania match with Kane. Mark Henry should take Big Shows place as the no.1 big guy, guy looks more threatening and way more entertaining in the ring imo.

Just as shocked at seeing The Shield beat Cena, Ryback and Sheamus, but I had a slight feeling they might give them the win. I didn't understand why they didn't make this a chamber match, given the name of the damn PPV. Doesn't really dent Cena going into Mania against The Rock, which might I add, Rock vs Cena II felt so pointless when they announced it at the end of the show, I think Punk has to weed his way into that match in some form. Anyway just want to add that I see big things for Dean Ambrose, one of the best on the mic and selling moves.

Other points about the PPV, the Miz/Cesaro match finished in the worst way possible, it just seemed weak and awkward to watch. Didn't get into this match, blame that on the Miz as he sucks and is probably the one guy in the WWE I'd hate to see win anything.

Didn't watch this match but why the hell did they book Tensai and Clay over Rhodes Scholars, tragic decision right there.

Divas match was a toilet break, result wasn't exactly a surprise either. Divas division seems to be completely dead right now, they really need to rejuvenate it in some form.

Del Rio and Show was bland, blame Big Show on that. Del Rio's fuck up in the corner was hilarious but he seemed to recover well from it and I'm glad he beat that big tub of lard.

Rock Punk was an alright match but The Rock winning just seems annoying even if it was obvious he'd come out victor. Want to send a get well card to the ref who injured his ankle in this match, that looked so painful.
« Last Edit: 18 February 2013, 06:44:51 PM by chappers »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 18 February 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
I would, but I seem to be speechless on the subject other than my earlier pointing out that I don't think that any of us expected it.

The ironic thing is that it probably should have been super obvious, seeing as the SD champion is a Mexican and he just debuted an anti-mexican gimmick.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2013, 11:04:38 PM »

The ironic thing is that it probably should have been super obvious, seeing as the SD champion is a Mexican and he just debuted an anti-mexican gimmick.

I guess no one pays attention to my post because I've been say all week that if Jericho doesn't win it Swagger will. Lol.

It was a good PPV IMO.

Del Rio vs Show was really good, I'd say it was much better than the LSM match they had at the royal rumble. Even if this did have a botched ending.

Miz vs Cesaro was good though that ending was weird and lackluster too but i kind of liked it. Get's more heat on Cesaro.

The Chamber match its self was great! It didn't really pick up until Mark Henry got in there but once he was in there things got really good. They didn't have to do a lot of spots in this but what they did do was really good. As I've said before i figured Jericho would win it or if not him Swagger and i was happy with Swagger winning it. I think there could be a whole discussion about swagger winning it.

The 6 man tag was really good. The most shocking part of the whole night for me was Shield winning and Ryback being the one to get pinned. The Shiled just looks really good, they may not be as interesting as they were at first but all three of these guys look great.

Kofi vs Ziggler was good for a quick little match. I guess it was just a way to get Ziggler on the show and kill some time.

Diva's meh. Was kinda hoping Tamina would win.

Rock vs Punk was a lot better this time around too. The stipulation i think really helped the match. Way better than i expected.

I even enjoyed Albert & Clay over Rhodes & Sandow in the pre show.

Overall a good show and I'm looking forward to Raw.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2013, 11:25:22 PM »
I guess no one pays attention to my post because I've been say all week that if Jericho doesn't win it Swagger will. Lol.
I did see that, but I read it as you still expecting Jericho to win like the rest of us.