Linked Events

• WWE Hall Of Fame: 6 April 2013

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Thread  (Read 2210 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* 2013 WWE Hall of Fame Thread
« on: 22 August 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Officially announced as inductees:
Bob Backlund

Booker T

Bruno Sammartino

Donald Trump

Mick Foley

Trish Stratus
« Last Edit: 1 April 2013, 05:31:10 PM by Awesome »

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
Re: Hall of Fame 2013 Rumors
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
Undertaker, Rock, Terry Funk, Triple H or Stone Cold I'd imagine. I'd be happy to see Foley inducted.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2012, 09:31:17 PM »
but who'd they get for Foley?
He could be inducted by Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack.  :P

In seriousness though, I'd say it should be The Undertaker. Nobody will ever forget their Hell In A Cell match, and Foley has said himself that he continues to get asked about that match to this day, so it would make a lot of sense for it to be him.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
I think i remember Foley saying if he did go into the Hall of fame he would want either Terry Funk or Jim Ross to induct him.

Can't see warrior going in just yet but the rest i could see and it looks like a good class. I think DDP should go in sooner or later too.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2012, 09:38:40 PM »
Ya but you have to wonder if WWE would break kayfabe for that more than having him sit in the audience or whatever (correct me if I'm wrong but he might not even attend every year?). I agree he'd be the best choice though, I guess it depends if he'll continue wrestling too at Wrestlemania 29.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #5 on: 23 August 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
If Foley is getting inducted I think either Taker or The Rock will induct him, no offence to JR or Terry Funk, but more people would tune in to hear Taker/Rock doing a speech.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2012, 12:18:50 AM »
I RECKON IT WILL BE EITHER MARK JINDRAK, DAIVARI OR MIDEON.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2012, 03:36:39 AM »
I RECKON IT WILL BE EITHER MARK JINDRAK, DAIVARI OR MIDEON.

Between this and a Sean Stasiak reference at With Leather, it's been a weird day.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2012, 05:28:31 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting there was discussion backstage at this weeks Smackdown taping regarding the late Andy Kaufman getting inducted in WWE's Hall of Fame.

The feeling is the CM Punk versus Jerry Lawler angle, which had made mention of Kaufman, is an omen that they plan to induct him in 2013.

It's kind of a stretch to say that because he was mentioned in a feud 8 months before wrestlemania he'll be inducted, but I thought I'd use this to say I'd be okay with him being this year's celebrity.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
Yeah i recently watched this great documentary on Memphis wrestling called "Memphis heat" and it talks about how andy was a huge wrestling fan and use to come to the shows all the time. would totally be okay with this.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 29 August 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
Yeah i recently watched this great documentary on Memphis wrestling called "Memphis heat" and it talks about how andy was a huge wrestling fan and use to come to the shows all the time. would totally be okay with this.

Have you seen Man on the Moon with Jim Carrey?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 29 August 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
I Think i saw most of it years and years ago on HBO or something when i was younger. i don't really remember much about it though to be honest

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 29 August 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
Well he plays Kaufman lol. The feud with Lawler is one of the plot points and Lawler's actually in the movie too. Definitely worth checking out. Maybe they could even get Carey to either induct him or help accept with whatever family member they get.

Offline J.D

« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2012, 12:06:11 AM »
Man on the Moon is a top film  (Y)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 3 December 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
- There are some rumblings in the WWE office that the company is close or at least closer than they ever have been to establishing a physical Hall of Fame in the city of Orlando, Florida. Apparently negotiations have been going on for some time now.

Details are sketchy right now but word is that Orlando officials want to host WrestleMania 2 times every 10 years as part of the deal. It's said that talks are serious right now and Triple H is handling a lot of the negotiations. However, nothing is expected to happen on the ground at a potential Hall of Fame location until late 2013 or early 2014.

The establishing of a physical Hall of Fame in Orlando may also be tied in with some major developmental changes in the state of Florida. This wasn't mentioned by a source but it sounds like WWE is trying to set up another central location for the company outside of Stamford.

a physical hall of fame sounds cool to me. WWE may want to watch about about locking down wrestlemania's because if they keep doing that before long every year is already going to be set in a location...then again i don't know if that's really a bad thing.