Linked Events

• WWE Money In The Bank: 17 July 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Money In The Bank 2011 PPV Thread & Discussion  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
Re: *OFFICIAL* Money In The Bank PPV Thread & Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2011, 09:36:52 PM »
Sheamus better win as Orton and him always have great matches.The chances of two heels as world champs when the last time that happened?With all the chaos with Punk I not sure what will happen but it will make history either way.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2011, 11:23:58 PM »
Seems incredibly obvious that Del Rio & Sheamus will win....Maybe a bit too obvious?

Really neither guy needs it. I'd like to see Kofi,Bourne, Bryan or Cody win it, they deserve it and it could really help them.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2011, 03:50:52 AM »
Bourne's nowhere near ready for a world title push so no way I think he should win it. Kofi I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure about him fitting in the main event either. I actually think Del Rio needs it, his character's been kind of stale lately and he could use it to finally earn a world title a la miz.

On SD I think most of them would be good choices. Barrett would probably do best with it on a long-term scale, but if they're cashing it in that same night Sheamus is the right choice. Bryan's not ready for a world title push, and Cody I think has a good thing going with his character right now (although his new voice really irritates me) so I don't think he needs it all that much. So either Barrett or Sheamus depending on what they want to do and where they're going with RAW as well (as I don't see two cases floating around for a long time).

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2011, 06:12:08 AM »
This PPV overall was great, not just because of the final match but most of the matches were solid.

The first Money in the Bank was great, huge surprise with Bryan Daniels winning the MITB. The second MITB was alot of fun, i loved the opening with just the ladder destruction. All the spots were great and while sloppy overall it might be my favorite MITB match. I even really loved the ending of the match.

I missed the Diva's and Big Show/Mark Henry match. Randy Orton/Christian was pretty good but the ending was terrible. Crowned a new champion (Who is now the top guy in the company) and get him destroyed in 30 seconds.

The main event was magical. I don't think there has been a atmosphere like that since ECW One Night Stand II. The match was really good too. Cena gave Punk like 5 AA's and i though it was over after each one. I just loved how Punk went out there and gave Cena EVERYTHING to try and get him down, he finally hits the GTS to end it and Cena falls out of the ring. Which than leads to Vince coming out and all the Smarks dreams going down the drain. In that little time period between Vince coming out and the match ending i had I think 3 mini heart attacks that they were going to end it with a shifty finish, but they didnt and Vince cutting Punk's music and getting Del Rio to come out was a nice touch.  As a person who has been a fan of Punk I think this whole feud has been his best work to date. It was the first time i couldn't wait for RAW or a WWE PPV in ages.  Like I said this match was pretty fucking magical and I had really high expectations that were met and more.
I give this PPV a 9/10 based on what I saw. I really can't wait for RAW.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2011, 12:41:45 PM »
Not since the likes of Stone Cold has someone captivated an audience the way in which Punk did last night.
Okay the first MITB was fucking amazing and Bryan won. Coincidence? I think not, I can see Bryan and Punk forming some sort of faction of brilliant technical wrestlers.
Henry/Show was just filler to be honest, Henry won- not bad.
Raw MITB was nowhere near as good as the SD but still a good MITB. It just seemed a lot more rushed but Bourne had an awesome spot.
Alberto winning was good but he didn't really do ANYTHING in the match which I know is the nature of the game but every single SD participant was heavily involved in their match and not many of the Raw guys were which is why I think the SD one owned it as every guy was pretty much a deserving winner.
Orton/Christian was good, I knew Christian would win by a DQ, fantastic match! I don't think Christian got buried either, he cheated and got the win, that is his gimmick and that is what he should do as I don't think any of us could really believe he would beat Orton. I always find people complain about Christian being buried yet he won a load of titles, left the company and won the TNA title, returned and was literally handed the ECW belt and has now won the WHC twice. Yet he is made out to be some sufferer who hasn't got what he deserved. Pretty ridiculous. I was thinking why the hell doesn't Bryan cash in Christian just got RKoed on a table twice lol.

Main event was like nothing I have seen, one of the best matches in WWE history. It just got everyone involved. Punk got perhaps the best reaction I have ever seen a wrestler receive. Tonight WWE changed, no longer are Cena and Orton the two main eventers and everyone else below them, Punk has rised up there with them in that elite. Punk is the new star of the WWE. My favourite wrestler ever Stone Cold has backed this man as he saw something in him and yeah, Punk is the new big thing. The match was incredible, we are used to Cena having constant energy and beating everyone eventually, not this time. Punk went the extra mile and won.
When Del Rio came out a sharp kick came and Punk evacuated. Awesome scenario. Del Rio simply isn't big enough to just go out there and take the title after such a tremendous match. Its good because Del Rio hasn't lost anything and Punk has gained everything.
And this is his FIRST WWE title, possibly the coolest title win ever.
This PPV is 5 stars, the end match is MOTY and one of the all time greats. The SD MITB is a fantastic MITB, The Raw MITB is good.
This night was all ABOUT Punk, Punk draws and I don't think for one minute this is the last we see of him.

Guys who earned their stripes tonight

- CM Punk: The main one, has pretty much changed the landscape of the WWE
- John Cena: Yes John Cena, it takes 2 people to pull off a 5 star match
- Sheamus: Impressed the hell out of me in the SD MITB, here is a guy who has become fucking incredible in the ring despite the naysayers

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
Punk tweeted this picture of how he stored the championship overnight....

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #21 on: 18 July 2011, 03:20:52 PM »
I loved this PPV too. I'm waiting for Adam to come in here and go all Debbie Downer on us and say he hated it (JUST KIDDING) ;)

But seriously, the whole thing was fantastic.

SD MID was great. It felt a little too "choreographed", as it just seemed like it was spot after spot, but every spot actually looked good and they didn't botch much so it was okay. Like John said everyone in this match looked deserving and they all participated. Sheamus, Barrett, Rhodes were probably the favorites, but Sin Cara and Kane also looked legit and while Gabriel and Slater were filler they did their parts. Loved the spot that took Cara out, gives maybe a nice continuation to a Cara/Sheamus feud. Barrett and Rhodes looked great in the match, calling the shots and dominating most times they were in there. And of course Bryan winning which was a huge WTF moment and a great moment. So happy for him. He's the perennial underdog as even know I don't think he'll win his shot lol. But I guess that means he needs it more than anyone else in the match (Sheamus and Barrett and even Cara and Kane i guess don't need an excuse to be in a world title match, Rhodes is getting there on his own).

The RAW MITB on the other hand may have been my favorite of all time. It wasn't as well choreographed for spots, but it just felt as if it flowed so well and everything was natural. I loved the beginning where everyone was just bringing ladders into the ring and fencing with them, really innovative, and of course they all end up on Del Rio. the Miz spot looked sick, i actually thought he dislocated his knee. They're getting really good at faking injuries. The whole thing did feel a little sloppy and rushed, but I think it added to the match rather than subtract from it. And in the end it was obvious that ADR was the only possible winner, but it doesn't matter. Loved the spot at the end where it actually looked like Rey might win, but Alberto ripped off his mask and we actually almost got a glimpse of his face.

Divas, not terrible but whatever.

Henry vs. Show was dull and slow but that was expected. Loved Henry winning clean though and then destroying show after. I lolled at the crowd chanting CM Punk while Show was being carted out.

Orton vs. Christian was more of the same from them, which isn't a bad thing, but until the finish it was kind of a carbon copy of what they've done together before. Bunch of reversals and counters, nothing really new other than a new move or two from Orton. End was anticlimatic but I liked the beatdown after. I don't think this hurts Christian, he's still the only champ in the company. Good match but I wasn't blown away.

I was, however, blown away by Punk vs. Cena. Match of the year, one of my favorites of all time. They went on for over 30 minutes and Punk got out the best match of Cena's career, and in the interest of fairness, Cena for Punk as well. It was a relatively simple match but it was so huge, the atmosphere was so great, Punk playing up to the crowd, Cena subtly nursing a knee injury, the reversals and counters, kicking out of each others finishers and big moves, and then Vince at the end with Johnny Ace getting his ass kicked lol. Loved everything about this, and all I hope is that they don't screw it up now, but it was fucking awesome, and we'll at least have this one night if anything.

Best PPV in a long time.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 18 July 2011, 07:02:59 PM »
I also loved this PPV, especially the screwjob tease ending and aftermath to the Cena/Punk match.  :smitten:

Like I said in CM Punk Wins WWE Championship; What's Next?, I don't know where this will go from here, but I look forward to finding out.

Punk tweeted this picture of how he stored the championship overnight....

He knows how to make the title cool again.  ;D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #23 on: 18 July 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
Well You'll be waiting on a different Adam then.lol. I also loved this PPV. without a doubt my favorite PPV of the year.

The Smackdown MITB match was great. I thought everyone looked good in this and it seemed everyone had a shot at winning it besides Slater and Gabriel and i thought they looked good in this too. It really looked like Wade was gonna win it while Bryan had the submission on Rhodes on the Ladder but when Bryan pulled it out i was marking out like crazy! Awesome match!

Kelly vs the Bella i skipped of course but what i don't see won't hurt me.

Henry vs Show was what was to be expected but wasn't that bad and didn't last too long. overall it didn't take m out of the PPV and that really is what counts the most for that match. now for people who set through the divas and that match back to back it may be a different story.

Raw MITB match was pretty good. not as good as i thought it should be and didn't seem that long. don't get me wrong it was enjoyable but it was all botchy and really didn't have much excitement besides that time it looked like Kofi was gonna win it and then the SSP on everyone by Bourne. Then Miz pulling the Chris Benoit spot was kind of cool. Riley,Swagger and Truth seemed kind of invisible in that match Overall not a great MITB match but it was ok i guess. Probably would have been a lot better if some of the spots worked and the end wasn't botched and there was more time in it.

Christian vs Orton i actually thought was another great match. yeah the ending wasn't clean but the match its self i thought was great and these 2 always deliver no matter how many times they face eacjother and honestly im looking forward to another match with these 2 at summer slam if that's the route they go. I'm assuming a no DQ no count out match. but anyways i was marking out when Christian won the title again and then i thought the after the match stuff was really good. Christian Accomplished what he wanted to, and i didn't think the beat down by Orton hurt Christian too much because Christian isn't the dominate Mark Henry type Heel he's the heel type that uses his brain and he did just that. then of course that was done to tease the crowed and make them wonder if Bryan was gonna come cash in the MITB contract. Awesome stuff!

Punk vs Cena was Match of the Year for me. i don't think anything can top it. Everything from Punk coming out in a new T Shirt making you wonder does he have a new Shirt or did he get that made at 1 hour custome T's which always sponsors Colt and the art of wrestling to Vince coming out with Johnny ace trying to pull the Chicago Screw job. to the match its self and Punk kicking out of 2 AA's then the tease of a pepsi plunge or maybe that was just me and a lot of other fans thinking it might happen. then so many counters and those 2 just worked great together. that with Colt Cabana being on TV and getting a chant and Punk winning was just fucking incredible. then even after the match it might have been one of the best parts with ADR coming down the isle and trying to cash in and getting kicked in the head by punk and in my head i was begging punk to just leave and he did and....WOW! i haven't marked out like this since..i don't know the last time Punk cashed in MITB against Jeff Hardy? or Jeff Hardy winning the WWE title or something? I don't know i just know i loved this match and i don't really rate matches anymore but if i did i'd say 5 stars.

Also such great build which has been talked about for weeks now but still just amazing stuff that has really ignited the wrestling world like nothing else has in recent years.

Awesome PPV where things tied into other things like ADR and the MITB and Punks title win.and the beat down on christian which teased DB cashin in. and the good thing about watching the show after it's happened is being able to skip through the divas and some of the pointless stuff.

Daniel Bryan wins SD MITB
Christian winning the World title for a 2nd time and 1st time as a heel. (or 3rd or 4th if you count NWA/TNA and ECW title)
CM Punk winning the WWE title.
Amazing crowed.

The only thing this show was missing was Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler (who should have been in MITB because he's always so great in MITB matches and really could have helped the raw MITB match he should have been in there instead of Swagger, Riley or Truth. but oh well they obviously didn't want the IC or US Champion in there for some reason.

Now what i will add is the commentary on the night was just horrible. Cole actually did the best job but was annoying like always because he's Cole. We really need a change in the commentary because Booker is an idiot and Cole calls him out on it all the time. and King is just retarded and such a goody goody it's sickening and so generic. Cole is a good heel but in an annoying way. If we now have CM Punk as todays superstar we need someone to be today announcer too like....CM Punk? lol. i don't know Josh has shown he doesn't seem to be the right guy for the job. Todd is too boring and Regal is too mellow and Striker is good but annoying and a heel and Scott Stanford isn't exactly the new hip guy we shoudl have and Jack Kapella or whatever his last name is is great but I just don't see him going anywhere in WWE any time soon and we won't be getting Paul Hayman back or Mick Foley and JBL was good but wouldn't fit that role. so i don't know who it's gonna be but they need to get someone good and actually knows wrestling who is real and doesn't act like a goody goody and idiot and someone who can hang in there with Cole.

Colt Cabana for new Commentator/WWE Superstar? Yes Please :D

and also that Twit pic is awesome.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #24 on: 18 July 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
I like the way Punk has a crate of Pepsi in his fridge  O0
He also has what looks like Skippy Peanut Butter which is the best peanut butter going, like it!

As I watched it one of the first things I thought when Bryan won was "adam will like this" then when Punk won "adam will definitely like this."
But I knew the one negative comment would be about Ryder! To be fair I saw a couple of Zack Ryder signs so I do think he should be included more but the thing is last night I couldn't have cared less as it was all about CM Punk.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: 18 July 2011, 11:35:54 PM »
Prax has already pointed out the CM Punk chants when The Big Show was being taken away, but did anyone else notice they chanted for him during the SmackDown! Money In The Bank too?

Or was I hearing things? :P
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

« Reply #26 on: 18 July 2011, 11:39:14 PM »
You weren't hearing things they were. To be honest with you they were chanting his name sporadically throughout the entire PPV. Made it awesome!
Lawler seemed shocked with it in a non-kayfabe way but he should know by now that Cena is the face everyone loves to hate.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2011, 01:33:50 AM »
I like the way Punk has a crate of Pepsi in his fridge  O0
He also has what looks like Skippy Peanut Butter which is the best peanut butter going, like it!

As I watched it one of the first things I thought when Bryan won was "adam will like this" then when Punk won "adam will definitely like this."
But I knew the one negative comment would be about Ryder! To be fair I saw a couple of Zack Ryder signs so I do think he should be included more but the thing is last night I couldn't have cared less as it was all about CM Punk.

Adam tends to hate things that are awesome. Because he's a Debbie Downer :ace

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 19 July 2011, 02:21:34 AM »
Yes like Divas and hornswooggle? lol.

It wasn't a negative comment about Ryder not being on the show i was just saying he was the only thing missing from an already great night of wrestling for me.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2011, 02:52:53 AM »
You forgot the Great Khali :ace