Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* FATAL 4-WAY Discussion Thread  (Read 1753 times)

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
*OFFICIAL* FATAL 4-WAY Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2010, 02:11:54 AM »
Only a week left until the PPV, only the main event matches have been announced so far.

I'm thinking that the Hart Dynasty vs The Uso's should be given a match.

I was thinking that they might have a JeriMiz vs Barrett and Bryan match after Mondays events, but I'm not sure on that one. Miz has been feuding with Truth lately and I feel like the NXT rookie situation should be dealt with at MitB in some form of contract winning MitB style match.

Divas match, most likely Eve and Maryse.

Either an Intercontinental or United States title match, personally I would rather see Intercontinental title match since Kofi and Drew have got a far better feud going on. Although the US title needs a defense at a PPV, but I  would rather that waited with a proper build.

A nice undercard match would be between Dolph Ziggler and Christian, been enjoying their matches on Smackdown lately.

Other then that, can't think of much else.

Offline WeedMan420

« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2010, 02:30:07 AM »
Quote from: MickieFan;41833
Credit: F4WOnline.com

It is being reported that The Undertaker suffered a broken orbital bone, a broken nose, and a concussion during his match with Rey Mysterio on this past week's edition of Smackdown. It's believed that Undertaker got hurt from the seated senton move by Mysterio.

Wow, someone 5'6 injured someone who's 6'11. How ironic

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2010, 04:35:09 AM »
Ironic?

Ayways yeah not a lot of stuff on this card at all. i guess they might add

Christian vs Dolph
Drew vs Kofi (or hardy)
THD vs the Uso's
 and maybe a diva match.

im not sure what they will do with the US title. Miz vs truth maybe? i dunno maybe something with the NXT guys too but if i was a casual fan and  PPV buyer i wouldn't be sold on this PPV to be honest.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
So far I'm actually really psyched for this PPV.

Both title matches should be pretty good. US and IC title matches should be pretty good. Diva's fatal 4-way, meh.

But the big thing is the NXT storyline and what Kane will do at the PPV. Will they tie in together? Will the NXT guys get contracts? Will Kane finally find out who ''vegetated'' his brother? Will the main events be interfered with? The card is passable at best but those two storylines really put it over the top

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2010, 08:02:59 PM »
So with the IC title match confirmed on SD that now leaves us with 5 matches which isn't near enough. I'm guessing they might do 1 match less than usual to account for the NXT angle they will run and maybe even the Kane one.

I figured they might have done Christian vs Ziggler but I don't think that's going to happen now. I don't expect them to do another women's match either.

I guess they could and should do The Uso's vs THD and they might mention it during The Uso's match on Superstars.

Jericho is probably the biggest name missing who doesn't look like he has anything to do.

This PPV is lining up pretty weird and I don't know what criteria they're following. It's not only all the main events are F4W because the Diva's have one and it's not only titles matches either because we have one being defended in a singles match. I just find it completely retarded that they do a F4W on Raw AND it has a title change in it just one week before the PPV.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #20 on: 16 June 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Quote from: MickieFan;42477
So with the IC title match confirmed on SD that now leaves us with 5 matches which isn't near enough. I'm guessing they might do 1 match less than usual to account for the NXT angle they will run and maybe even the Kane one.

I figured they might have done Christian vs Ziggler but I don't think that's going to happen now. I don't expect them to do another women's match either.

I guess they could and should do The Uso's vs THD and they might mention it during The Uso's match on Superstars.

Jericho is probably the biggest name missing who doesn't look like he has anything to do.

This PPV is lining up pretty weird and I don't know what criteria they're following. It's not only all the main events are F4W because the Diva's have one and it's not only titles matches either because we have one being defended in a singles match. I just find it completely retarded that they do a F4W on Raw AND it has a title change in it just one week before the PPV.

ya it was kind of weird that they had that match on raw but at the same time you don't really want every match on a PPV to be a fatal fourway. It would get repetitive and take away from the main event IMO. I think the idea behind putting the title back on miz was to show that anything can happen in a fatal 4way. I could definitely see the title being hotshotted back to Truth on Sunday.

As for Jericho, rematch vs. Bourne maybe?

They could do an impromptu match for NXT along with a promo so that could give us a half hour of air time, maybe at the beginning.

10-12 minutes each for both IC and US title matches, another half hour or so.

Divas match 5 minutes.

20-25 minutes each for the world title matches so that's another hour.

THD vs. Usos 7-8 minutes, 7-8 minutes if they do Bourne vs. Jericho is another 20.

10 minutes for promos and junk like that, and there's your PPV.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #21 on: 16 June 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
the US and IC title matches just seem too thrown in at the last min for me.

Kofi vs Drew is hardly a feud everyone knows the feud really is matt vs Drew or Drew vs Teddy.

Miz vs Truth isn't really a feud either, no real promos on eachother and no beef besides the US title. i don't get why they just didn't have the fatal 4 way because they could have played onmorrison and miz being former partners and also got zack ryder on the show in his home town.

normally i would say im fine with this number of matches as long as they're given good time but the wrestler matchups them selves just aren't too great for my taste and it's annoying that you have such great in ring talent off of the card (Jericho,Bourne,Morrison,Christian,Ziggler,THD)

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2010, 09:35:34 AM »
Rey Mysterio as World Champion has made my year. He throughly deserves it.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
I could be wrong, but it sounded very much like the crowd were chanting "Daniel Bryan" at the end of the PPV.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
That was certainly an interesting PPV, I think the world heavyweight match could have done with being a lot longer, I don't think the wrestler's got enough time and by the time it started to shake up a bit Mysterio won. I wonder where they are going with this Kane stuff, Taker leaving for Mysterio to enter the match and win the title seems a bit dodgy though. Kane has helped Mysterio at a PPV before and has taken out Mysterio's enemies the SES so they could be on the same page but Kane has lashed out at him before. While I would be surprised to see Mysterio turn heel something seems a bit dodgy about this situation.

I enjoyed the WWE title match and the tag team title match, THD and The Uso's in the tag team division is brilliant and they put on a brilliant match in the hardest slot (before the main event when everyone just wants to see the WWE title match.) Considering the uso's are practically unknown they did a tremendous job coming in at this PPV and putting on a great match. THD were amazing as always.

I expected them to do something better with NXT rather than just another beatdown at the end, Sheamus nabbing the title was pretty comical. I like Sheamus though but I realise some people will be mad about this.

Anyway with two new champions Raw and SD are going to be exciting this week.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #25 on: 21 June 2010, 04:26:03 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this PPV... until the last 5 minutes.

Every match on the card was good. Miz vs. Truth was slow and kind of dragged on at points but it deserved to be on this PPV. Even the divas match was watchable with all the submissions and stuff, and the main event had a big time feel to it and although it was nothing special in terms of a memorable match, it was still a good and worthy main event.

Then NXT interfered.

It's not like I wasn't expecting it, we all were, and frankly, in terms of how the match went down, it was all ok. it's the fact that nothing came out of it that really pissed me off. They beat up Cena, and ran after Sheamus, and that was it. I know some will argue that they cost Cena the title and that was a big deal, we had this discussion in the shoutbox last night, but I don't buy it. The NXT guys are on a path of destruction and I don't think it matters to them who has the title, just so long as they get to beat him up. I was even fine with the way that Sheamus won the title, even though it is starting to get annoying how the guy can't beat Cena cleanly, yet he can bury  Triple H.

Honestly, I felt like something big was coming out of this angle last night. They hotshotted 3 weeks worth of angles on RAW last week, with the in-ring promo, the giant brawl, and taking out Bret at the end (all of which I actually liked a lot), so you'd expect them to do something bigger at a PPV. Instead they beat down Cena and leave...

It was incredibly underwhelming and a giaint letdown. This is supposed to be the payoff, when you make people pay $60 bucks for a PPV on essentially the promise that something WILL happen with the NXT guys, and they don't deliver. It didn't do anything to advance the NXT storyline, all it did was give WWE the excuse to take the title off Cena without making him look bad.

I'll give them another chance for tonight's RAW, but after last night, it might be the last WWE PPV I buy in a long long time.

Offline Dale

« Reply #26 on: 21 June 2010, 09:59:01 PM »
Loved the PPV myself.

Drew vs Kofi was a great opener, some nice spots by Kofi and lots of good story telling. I had a nasty feeling prior to the PPV that McIntyre was going to win the belt back but after seeing Teddy at ringside it was obvious what was coming.

Divas stuff was meh but was massively shocked Fox won the title as it came out of nowhere at all. Will start watching the Divas again now for the short period of time she will be champion.

Bourne vs Jericho I thought was another awesome match. I guess the WWE truly are on a mission with Bourne and making him into a top tier star and i'm not against that at all providing they follow through with it 100% like they did with Sheamus and not how they did with Kofi.

Enjoyed the WHC match and even though i'm a big Swagger mark i'm glad Rey got the belt. He's been awesome in the ring now for seemingly ever so i'm glad he's been rewarded at a good time and hopefully this will whipe away some of the memories of his last title reign where many say he only got it due to Eddie's death. Given the amount of time we got dedicated to the Kane it was obvious he was going to interfere and I didn't like it myself.

Miz vs Truth I really didn't pay much attention to as I just found myself incredibly bored by it.

Six person tag match I massively enjoyed aswell. Glad the women were added to the match aswell as they are two fine workers and it didn't take away from the match at all. Good match and I hope we get to see more of thie feud in the coming weeks.

WWE Title match I really don't recall all that much about other than the ending which I had no problem with at all. From where I was sat and because of the Vince promo to the start the show, it all made total sense to me.

Enjoyed the crowd, pretty lively and smarky. Enjoyed the numerous clear as day Daniel Bryan chants. Enjoyed that the three man announce team actually got along for once and didn't ruin the fucking PPV by bickering with one another.

Offline WeedMan420

« Reply #27 on: 22 June 2010, 07:40:38 PM »
I'm not sure about this Mysterio title win. There were rumours that he might retire soon and I have a feeling that because Rey is 'Taker's replacement, that Kane might just "injure" him. I was the happiest dude on this planet when I saw that Rey won the title but I'd be surprised if he is still the champion heading into the next PPV.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 25 June 2010, 12:18:04 AM »
I loved the first half of this PPV the 2nd half kind of got boring to me though.

i thought we had 2 great matches though, Kofi vs Drew i absolutely loved! and Bourne vs Jericho was even better.

the first fatal 4 way wasn't as good as i thought it would be. glad for rey getting the win i hope swagger wins the title back from him in due time.

Truth vs Miz was just a sloppy slow borefest. and 6 person tag just didn't do anything for me. and the main event fatal 4 way was really good until the end. i would have rather the match end without the NXT guys and then after the match have the NXTguys beat down the champ.

Sheamus as champion i don't like. yeah its better than the first time because he is more over but has still yet to have a great match and it would be nice to for him to at least have 1 great match under his belt. say all you want about cena but he has had a lot of great matches and maybe some guys carried him but sheamus has been in there with some pretty good guys himself and has yet to have a great match. also to me would have made more sense for edge to take advantage and win since that's his whole gimmick.overall it was a good PPV.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #29 on: 25 June 2010, 01:52:24 AM »
He had a pretty good match the next night on RAW even though it was ruined...