Author Topic: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 15/04/11  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Dale

*SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 15/04/11
« on: 13 April 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says tonight is about Edge. Del Rio says it is his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship but not this way.  He says Edge should just come out and present him with the belt.  Teddy Long comes out and says it won't be going down like that.  Long informs Del Rio he'll still fight in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules for the belt but a new number one contender will be determined in a 20-man over-the-top battle royal later tonight.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Kofi Kingston w/The Corre on commentary.  After the match, Jackson gets on the mic and says he is the personification of domination and after the battle royal he will be the number one contender and everyone will know including The Corre.

* LayCool are shown talking to a therapist about being a team but Michelle McCool doesn't like it.

* Cody Rhodes comes out and says beating Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania isn't enough.  He says he is going to win the battle royal tonight and win the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules. Winning the title will be the only gratification for his disfigurement and he will not stop until he disfigures Mysterio's face and gets vindication. Mysterio hits the ring and gives him a 619.

* WWE airs the Awesome Kong vignette.

* Rey Mysterio b. Drew McIntyre after hitting the 619.

* Backstage, Edge is getting an ovation from the Smackdown locker room.  Edge and Kane shake hands.

* Edge comes out and gives a recap of his career.  He says he is going to miss all of it.  "Thank you" chants fill the arena.  Edge says he wants to do his intro one more time.  He's pumped now and talking about how great the WWE doctors are and says he's taking his girl and going surfing.  Edge is happy he got to say goodbye in Albany because it's the place where he won his first championship.  In fact it was in a cab in Albany where Edge came up with the nickname Edge.  He introduces his mother who is sitting in the front row and thanks her for all her support. To him his title has meant everything to him but the belt is not his. Edge says every fan holds a piece of it as he relinquishes the belt. Edge says it's been a heck of a ride concluding another emotional shoot of a speech.

* Backstage, Alberto Del Rio interrupts Edge.  Del Rio extends his hand but Edge stares him down.  Del Rio smiles as Edge walks away.

* Kelly Kelly vs. Layla. Layla tries to do their entrance but Michelle McCool goes straight to the ring. Kelly wins via roll-up. McCool comes in the ring and shoves Layla across the ring and leaves.

* They air a video package of WWE superstars commenting on The Undertaker vs. Triple H from Wrestlemania.

* 20-Man Battle Royal to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match at Extreme Rules.  Participants include Big Show, Chris Masters, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Trent Barreta, Heath Slater, Ezekiel Jackson, Chavo Guerrero, Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Tyler Reks, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Curt Hawkins, Christian, Jack Swagger, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay and Kane. Justin Gabriel is eliminated by Barrett.  Final four are Christian, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Rey Mysterio.  Mysterio eliminates Gabriel then sets Swagger up for the 619.  Michael Cole interferes and takes the 619 for Swagger.  Swagger eliminates Mysterio. Christian eliminates Swagger to win the match.  After the match, Edge comes out and celebrates with him.  Edge and Christian pose in the ring as the entire locker room clears out to applaud them on the ramp.
Doesn't look the worst

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *SPOILERS* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 15/04/11
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2011, 03:11:18 AM »
BATTLE ROYALS :mrk

I love me a good Battle Royal so it's worth it just for that. Should be a good show, looking forward to Edge's promo.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
Good show  (Y)
Glad to see Christian get a chance to shine, will look forward to this match as the two have actually had somewhat of a feud (I don't know whether this was a carefully layed plan b as they awaited Edge's results) because Del Rio can feud with Christian just as easy as he could with Edge. I am enjoying Del Rio and Christian so looking forward to it.

More emotion with Edge's farewell and it was good hearing the benefit of flash photography again.

Offline Dale

« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
Really enjoyed this SmackDown.

Loved ADR's promo to open the show, how he was being all sincere then basically said Edge should hand the title over to him. Good way to draw some heat.

Kofi/Ezekiel was ok. I fucking loved Kofi's attire too, looked sick as hell. Nice little interesting twist with Ezekiel throwing Kofi onto The Corre and then Barrett trying to distract Ezekiel, but ended up helping him.

Good Cody promo, loved the whole dark lighting.

Rey/Drew was an awesome little match I thought.

Decent enough Edge promo, didn't think it was as good as his Raw one, but still pretty emotional. THANK YOU MOM chants ftw.

Battle Royal was good too with a few cool little spots. Gabriel for instance throwing Barrett out and Cole trying to get back onto Swagger's good side.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Pretty much what Dale said, although I think I liked Edge's promo a little more than he did. RAW was emotional because of the shock of him actually retiring, but on SD we had a few days to let things settle in and I thought he came off even more natural and just down to earth.

Battle royal was fun as they always are, and Rey/Drew was probably the wrestling highlight of the show. Good to finally see Zeke in the ring, he looked as I thought he would, considering he's a big guy and limited in the ring, and loved the semi-tease with Corre at the end.

Good Smackdown.

Offline J.D

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
I meant to ask what was with Triple H coming down to hug Edge for ages? Are they really good mates backstage or something or do you think by having the manger's son in law it served as a thankyou from Vince himself?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
They cut a lot that happened after the battle royal out for me. It pretty much ended after edge came down to raise christians hand.

Very good SD.

Battle Royal was great

Drew vs Rey awesome!

Jackson finally got a win. although it was at the expense of poor kofi kingston who desperately needs to get drafted to raw.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
I don't remember Triple H coming down?

And I figured they'd cut the Edge celebration out, probably meant as more of an off-air thing anyway.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2011, 06:12:58 PM »
I think he meant this video on WWE.com which looks to be off-air after SmackDown!

WWE: WWE.com Exclusive: WWE Superstars wish Edge well in his retirement
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2011, 06:48:24 PM »
I didn't know that aired in the UK but that's what I meant as well. It's in the spoilers.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2011, 09:28:44 PM »
Its Triple H, he needs to be the center of attention for everything.

Offline J.D

« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2011, 09:31:06 PM »
He has actually been good recently but then again he hasn't wrestled recently with the exception of WM.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #12 on: 18 April 2011, 09:45:34 PM »
Which in the process he said his match with Taker was the most important match, over every other match on the card. He also said Zack Ryder has no fans, which is bullshit.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 18 April 2011, 11:02:46 PM »
Total bullshit.

I guess my post messed up last night. i said i watched on justin tv and it showed triple h coming down and all that stuff but on my normal tv on syfy it cut it short.

Offline J.D

« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2011, 12:42:58 PM »
Which in the process he said his match with Taker was the most important match, over every other match on the card. He also said Zack Ryder has no fans, which is bullshit.

The best match of WM was Rhodes/Mysterio by a long shot.
As for Ryder he is good and does have fans. He isn't exactly amazing but he's funny and I would like to see him pushed to a midcard title. He is much funnier than Santino at any rate.