Author Topic: Forum Reorganization  (Read 1772 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Forum Reorganization
« on: 24 April 2012, 03:50:11 PM »
Was thinking... We have a Youtube section... what if we changed that to "Social Media And Videos", and we can stick stuff about Twitter/Facebook in there, as well anything video related. Was looking at General WWE and we have a million threads sticky'd in there that could fit in a social media section. If this was okay with everyone (and Awesome of course), I'd move the following threads:

DVD Discussion
WWE Network Discussion
Twitter Discussion

Anything else we could find.

Also to make the new section more active I'd encourage people post the WWE youtube account vids more often, TNA and WWE matches as the companies make them available, and maybe we could start a Match of the Day thread of some sort.

Thoughts?

Also, since I have your attention with this, might wanna do something about the 2011 year end awards since it's almost May. Make it a sub-section of General? Also, might be time to merge Fun & Games with Off-Topic since it's not that active.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
Re: Forum Reorganization
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2012, 04:10:36 PM »
Yeah I'm cool with that, would this mean that the film area would join the youtube area?

Also might be worth merging the Wii thread with the general video game area, no one talks about the Wii.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Yeah I'm cool with that, would this mean that the film area would join the youtube area?

Also might be worth merging the Wii thread with the general video game area, no one talks about the Wii.

Nah the Movies/TV area is pretty busy we should keep it separate IMO. We might get more Nintendo talk now that the Wii U is coming out but we could just merge all the gaming sections into one. We do get some Sony/Xbox discussion but it could probably all fit into one section.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
Was thinking... We have a Youtube section... what if we changed that to "Social Media And Videos", and we can stick stuff about Twitter/Facebook in there, as well anything video related. Was looking at General WWE and we have a million threads sticky'd in there that could fit in a social media section. If this was okay with everyone (and Awesome of course), I'd move the following threads:

DVD Discussion
WWE Network Discussion
Twitter Discussion

Anything else we could find.
That sounds fine to me, though presumably still only the wrestling-related ones (to remain under that category)?

Also to make the new section more active I'd encourage people post the WWE youtube account vids more often, TNA and WWE matches as the companies make them available, and maybe we could start a Match of the Day thread of some sort.

Thoughts?
That sounds good to me too, it makes a lot of sense.

Also, since I have your attention with this, might wanna do something about the 2011 year end awards since it's almost May. Make it a sub-section of General?
Good point, I planned on doing something like that eventually anyway. I guess I just lost track of how long it has been already.  :dohw:

I'd probably put it under Other Wrestling so that it stays in the Wrestling Discussion category though.

EDIT: Now moved.

Also, might be time to merge Fun & Games with Off-Topic since it's not that active.
Agreed.

EDIT: Now moved.

We might get more Nintendo talk now that the Wii U is coming out but we could just merge all the gaming sections into one. We do get some Sony/Xbox discussion but it could probably all fit into one section.
Are you suggesting to move all gaming topics to one forum, and then moving it to the Non-Wrestling Discussion category?

If so, I would agree to that making sense too.  :)
« Last Edit: 24 April 2012, 07:03:16 PM by David Awetunga »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
Yes, only wrestling related social media / Videos

And yes, make one gaming section and move it to non-wrestling.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Anything is good with me since i never actually look at it and just hit "Show unread posts since last visit" anytime i get on which is my favorite thing about this site.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
Anything is good with me since i never actually look at it and just hit "Show unread posts since last visit" anytime i get on which is my favorite thing about this site.
It's a good feature to have isn't it? :D

Though I imagine that it would look intimidating if we had hundreds or thousands of posts per day being made. :P

EDIT:

Yes, only wrestling related social media / Videos
Done (though I have only moved the three topics you mentioned before).

And yes, make one gaming section and move it to non-wrestling.
Done.

I have also moved Graphics Gallery to be under Off-Topic.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2012, 11:59:31 PM by David Awetunga »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2012, 02:15:43 AM »
Great!

I go through unread threads too but obviously if I want to post in a thread I already read I go through the forum. Been finding it difficult to find things lately so this will hopefully help and get the new section more active (: