Author Topic: This place is dead :/  (Read 1266 times)

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
This place is dead :/
« on: 4 May 2013, 02:01:53 PM »
Don't want to sound harsh but I've come on here last few months and there has been little to no activity. I know I haven't been as active as I was before, but I blame that on the stale product WWE has been putting out for some time now; I'm assuming it might be the same for others?

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: This place is dead :/
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
I think I mainly stick to Raw most of the time lately rather than SmackDown, but other than that I think other things have been taking up my time as well.

Though what the WWE is putting out currently may contribute to it, I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to being busy with other things for some of the others too.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2013, 03:12:06 AM »
As a whole the forum has been inactive, we need something to spark this site again.Awesome has tried everything to help it, even stopping a merge right.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
It's definitely the wrestling. As I said in my b-day thread I've been crazy busy, but if I was interested in WWE I would make the time to post and follow the news. I just feel like it's stale and they're happy with the status quo, and all they're really doing is increasing the amount of hours they ask us to watch... 3 hour raws, pre shows, post shows, NXT, etc, and all they really fill it all with is recaps of other shows. I can barely bring myself to DVR everything and skim through it.

The ballsiest thing they've done is to turn Ryback heel.. that's sort of worked, and the whole manager feud over the World title. Otherwise, I'm bored to tears over everything. Even Taker fighting Dean Ambrose couldn't get me going.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2013, 04:42:22 PM »
I think I see your point. There may have been interest in what Brock Lesnar was doing if it wasn't a rematch with Triple H - I wasn't interested in them having a WrestleMania rematch, let alone another match after that.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2013, 08:06:09 PM »
Besides the fact I was burnt out on wrestling at least 2-3 years ago, I think part of it is the fact that none of the "new" post-2005 generation have an edge to their gimmick other than CM Punk (as realistic as you can get with a heel wrestling gimmick) and maybe the Shield (which is getting to be a bit repetitive) and the "old" generation pops up and goes through the same motions and disappear for another 8 months only to reappear older and less athletic.

It's also hard to invest time in the young talent; its becoming a vicious cycle where creative decides to push someone, doesn't know what to do with them, disappear for 2-4 weeks, reappear, get buried, then win money in the bank out of no where, win a heavyweight championship, still wrestle in the midcard, then ultimately lose to someone in the "old" generation.  With the 40 hours of wrestling a month, there are very few, if any, sacred matchups out there we haven't seen or care for.  There's not much to analyze on a wrestling forum when we've basically seen it all at this point.  All you can really argue is the political bullshit that goes on backstage and that's something that will never change.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2013, 11:57:25 PM »
Yeah for whatever reason wrestling just hasn't been interesting me that much this year. I DVR through most of Raw each week and most of the time i don't even bother with Smackdown. I still watch most of Impact and i have been watching ROH more lately but with that said i still don't really have much to say about what's going on anywhere. it's just all kind of bores me which is a shame because I've been waiting for Dolph to be world champ for a long time but at this point it seems like the only championship that matters is the WWE championship and that always revolves around guys that I'm not interested in.

I also agree with Awesome. I'm sick of rematches and i feel like they are just wasting one of Brock's few matches a year on Triple H. Maybe if his match was with Orton or Punk it might capture my interest. or maybe it's just that i know Brock won't be around long so there doesn't seem to be much point in what he does.

And The Shield/Undertaer stuff was cool and all but still it's just not enough.