Author Topic: Random WWE Discussion thread  (Read 30993 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Random WWE Discussion thread
« on: 31 May 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
Well I thought we had something like this before, I guess not. This is a place to discuss random WWE news that you want to share your opinion on but don't think it deserves its own thread. We have more specific threads for stuff like this but this is a general thread where you can just discuss anything random concerning the WWE. If something becomes popular, we can always make it its own thread.

If this idea becomes popular, we can always make it for other sections, like the other WWE sections as well as TNA, Other wrestling, etc.

For example, here's something that's not overly important:

The following is an excerpt from an article in the New York Daily News:

Former five-time WCW tag champ Buff Bagwell visited my aunts' holiday "Burger and Bean Blast" and chatted with King Gremlin.

He commented on the rampant rumors about him coming to TNA. "I don't know who started them, but (the rumors) are totally false. I have not been contacted by TNA. If they did call, I'd answer (even if it was collect) and listen."

Bagwell was last on the big stage in 2001 in the WCW. Since then he's done some independent circuit work but admits he wants to get back on the big stage.

When asked if not TNA what about the WWE, his face lit up. "I'd love to join them so much I'd work for free!"

:giggle

I love how they forgot the 2 weeks he was in WWE and literally got kicked out of the building, lmao.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #1 on: 1 June 2009, 06:50:56 PM »
I still can't believe I had a crush on that dude.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 1 June 2009, 11:59:42 PM »
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;28627

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you switched teams, you had the most random crushes. What was the other one that I used to laugh at, I can't remember? :lol

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #3 on: 2 June 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
Quote from: Vintage Prax;28643
Quote from: Sycho Shanti;28627

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you switched teams, you had the most random crushes. What was the other one that I used to laugh at, I can't remember? :lol

You think I'm going to remind you? Pfft....fuck that lol.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 2 June 2009, 12:57:55 AM »
source: PWInsider.com

-- Here are the quarter hour numbers for this past Monday's episode of Monday Night Raw. It's interesting to note that Raw lost 0.13 ratings points by the time Vince McMahon was through mocking Denver Nuggets owner E. Stan Kroenke. The rating would continue to free fall through the first hour, although viewership spiked come hour two.

* 9:00: 3.28 - Vince McMahon mocks Stan Kroenke, The Miz appears
* 9:15: 3.15 - Miz and John Cena, Maryse vs. Kelly Kelly
* 9:30: 2.99 - Backstage with "Jack Nicholson," star of United States Championship Shot Triple Threat
* 9:45: 2.90 - conclusion of United States shampionship shot, Ric Flair walks backstage
* 10:00: 3.26 - Flair vs. Randy Orton confrontation, Santino's ring entrance
* 10:15: 3.42 - Santino and Mickie James vs. Chavo Guerrero and Beth, start of Kendrick and Festus vs. Goldust and Hornswoggle
* 10:30: 3.29 - conclusion Kendrick and Festus vs. Goldust and Hornswoggle, ring announcement of "players" for main event
* 10:45: 3.31 - 5-on-5 main event
* Overrun: 3.81 - conclusion of 5-on-5 main event and aftermath

Divas > Vince. No wonder he's pissed off with the division :giggle

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 9 June 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
Long ago there was a strange fact mentioned on Wrestlezone that said HHH, Cena and Randy Orton are somewhat always in the main event for a number of consecutive months. Well here is a similar fact and now add to it Batista ... the same people have been always been involved in most world title matches on WWE [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]pay-per-views[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] since SummerSlam 2004!!!!
The following stats were derived:
1. From SummerSlam 2004 to Cyber Sunday 2006 In all Raw exclusive and multi brand PPV's Randy Orton, HHH and Cena have always been involved in World title Matches.
2. From Backlash 2007 to Extreme Rules 2009 Cena, HHH, Orton or Batista have always been involved in World title matches.
3. Randy Orton vs HHH For The world title has taken place 11 times including elimination chamber and a 3 on 3 tag.
4. Cena vs Edge for the world title has taken place 7 times on a pay-per-view.

Due to brand division Smackdown pay-per-views are not considered here. However, some instances will be given:
Summerslam 2004: Randy Orton vs Chris beniot WHC
Unforgiven 2004: Randy Orton vs HHH WHC
TabooTuesday 2004: HHH vs HBK WHC .... The mainevent was Randy Orton vs Ric Flair.
Survivor Series 2004:[SIZE=-1] Randy Orton/Chris Benoit/Chris Jericho/Maven def HHH/Batista/Edge/Gene Snitsky- GM ship
New Years Rev 2005: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ELIMINATION CHAMBER: HHH vs Randy Orton vs Batista vs [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Chris [COLOR=blue !important]Jericho[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] vs Chris Benoit vs Edge WHC[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
Royal Rumble 2005: HHH vs Randy Orton WHC
Wrestle Mania 21: HHH vs Batista WHC    Cena vs JBL WWE TITLE
Backlash 2005: HHH vs Batista WHC
Judgment day 2005: Cena vs JBL WWE TITLE
Vengeance 2005: HHH vs Batista WHC   Cena vs Christain vs Y2J WWE TITLE  (DRAFT TAKES PLACE)
American Bash 2005: Batista vs JBL WHC
Summer Slam 2005: Batista vs JBL WHC  Cena vs Jericho WWE TITLE
Unforgiven 2005: Cena vs Kurt Angle WWE TITLE
No Mercy 2005: Batista vs Eddie Guerrero
Cyber Sunday 2005: Cena vs Kurt Angle vs HBK WWE TITLE
Survivor Series 2005: Cena vs Kurt Angle WWE TITLE  HHH
New Years Rev 2006: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ELIMINATION CHAMBER: cena retain WWE TITLE.  Edge Cashes money in the bank
Royal Rumble 2006: Cena vs Edge WWE TITLE  
Wrestlemania 22: Cena vs HHH WWE TITLE  Randy Orton vs Rey vs Kurt Angle  WHC
Backlash 2006: Cena vs HHH vs Edge WWE TITLE
One Night Stand: Cena vs RVD WWE TITLE [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Summer Slam 2006: Cena vs Edge WWE TITLE
Unforgiven 2006:Cena vs Edge WWE TITLE
No Mercy 2006: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]4-WAY: King Booker vs Fit Finlay vs Bobby Lashley vs Batist[/SIZE]a WHC
Cyber Sunday 2006: Booker T vs Cena vs Bigshow WHC
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Survivor [COLOR=blue !important]Series[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] 2006: Batista vs King Booker WHC
Armageddon 2006: NO title was defended.
New Years rev 2007: Cena vs [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Umaga[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] WWE TITLE
Royal Rumble 2007: Cena vs Umaga WWE TITLE Batista vs Kennedy WHC
No Way Out 2007: No TITLE was defended
Wrestlemania 23: Batista vs Undertaker WHC Cena vs HBK WWE TITLE
Pay Perviews are no longer exclusive to brands
Backlash 2007: Cena vs HBK vs Edge vs Orton WWE TITLE  Batista vs Undertaker WHC
JudgementDay 2007: Batista vs Edge WHC   Cena vs Khali WWE TITLE
ONS 2007: Cena vs Khali WWE TITLE  Edge vs Batista WHC
Night of champ 2007: Cena vs Mick foley vs Lashley vs Booker vs Orton WWE TITLE  Edge vs Batista WHC
American bash 2007: Khali vs Batista vs Kane WHC  Cena vs Lashley WWE TITLE
Summer Slam 2007: Khali vs Batista WHC  Cena vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE
Unforgiven 2007: Cena vs Randy orton WWE TITLE   Batista vs Rey vs KHali WHC
No Mercy 2007: Batista vs Khali WHC ... Randy crowned champion ... HHH beats Randy .. Randy beats HHH WWE TITLE.
Cyber Sunday 2007: Batista vs Taker WHC  Randy Orton vs HBK WWE TITLE
SUrvivor Series 2007: Randy orton vs HBK WWE TITLE Batista vs TAKer WHC
Armageddon 2007: Batista vs Taker vs Edge WHC   Randy orton vs Y2J WWE TITLE
Royal Rumble 2008: Randy Orton vs Jeff HArdy WWE TITLE   ,,, Cena won the rumblematch
No Way OUt 2008: Randy Orton vs Cena WWE TITLE
Wrestlemania 24: Randy orton vs cena vs HHH WWE TITLE
Backlash 2008: Randy Orton vs Cena vs HHH vs JBL WWE TITLE
Judgement day 2008: HHH vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE
ONS 2008: HHH vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE
Night of champs2008: HHH vs Cena WWE TITLE
American Bash 2008 : HHH vs Edge WWE TITLE   Edge vs Batista WHC
Summer SLam 2008 : HHH vs KHAli WWE TITLE
Unforgiven 2008 : Two Scramble matches ... HHH for WWE TITLE and batista involved in WHC
No mercy 2008: HHH vs Jeff Hardy WWE TITLE
Cyber Sunday 2008 : HHH vs Jeff Hardy WWE TITLE  Batista vs Y2J WHC
Survivor series 2008: HHH vs Kozlov WWE TITLE   Y2J vs Cena WHC
Armageddon 2008: HHH vs Jeff hardy vs edge WWE TITLE  Y2J vs Cena WHC
Royal Rumble 2009 : Cena vs JBL WHC
No Way Out 2009: Two elimination chambers one involving HHH for WWE TITLE the other Cena for WHC
Wrestlemania 25: Cena vs Edge vs Bigshow WHC  HHH vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE
Backlash 2009: HHH/Batista/Shane vs Legacy WWE TITLE   Cena vs Edge WHC
Judgementday 2009: Batista vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE
Extreme rules 2009 : Batista vs Randy Orton WWE TITLE

Honestly, I don't really care that they've always been in the main event. It's a 5 year period and they're taking 4 superstars, one of whom had a near 2 year reign, another combined almost a year, Triple H at least 2 of those years on and off, and Batista a fair bit of time on and off as well. So ya they're going to be in the main event most of the time, but it's not like it's one guy, it's three or four guys who are the biggest draws.

It would be nice to see something fresh though, it's about that time they changed things up... It would be so much better if they just switched the entire RAW and SD rosters, including the writers :P

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
PROWRESTLING.NET | The Marine 2 trailer, WWE ejects a fan for throwing John Cena's hat, TNA taping Impact in Orlando tonight, Tracy Smothers vs. a member of the band GWAR with a bizarre stipulation, former WWE star on American Gladiators - WWE ejected a fan from Monday's WWE Raw taping in Green Bay, Wisc. after he threw John Cena's hat. Cena threw the hat into the crowd, and the fan who caught it threw it back toward Cena. Weak move by security. I know the fans are instructed not to throw anything at the ring, but this is really pushing it. After all, Cena had fun with the ECW fans at the original One Night Stand pay-per-view by repeatedly throwing it into the crowd only to have it thrown back at him. Are hometown fans ejected when they throw baseballs hit for home runs by the visiting team back onto the field?

I'm totally in agreement, that is a weak reason to throw a fan out, in fact it's something that I've been hoping other fans would start doing for quite a while since it was fun watching that happen at One Night Stand.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2009, 04:17:12 AM »
Quote from: Awesome;29878
PROWRESTLING.NET | The Marine 2 trailer, WWE ejects a fan for throwing John Cena's hat, TNA taping Impact in Orlando tonight, Tracy Smothers vs. a member of the band GWAR with a bizarre stipulation, former WWE star on American Gladiators - WWE ejected a fan from Monday's WWE Raw taping in Green Bay, Wisc. after he threw John Cena's hat. Cena threw the hat into the crowd, and the fan who caught it threw it back toward Cena. Weak move by security. I know the fans are instructed not to throw anything at the ring, but this is really pushing it. After all, Cena had fun with the ECW fans at the original One Night Stand pay-per-view by repeatedly throwing it into the crowd only to have it thrown back at him. Are hometown fans ejected when they throw baseballs hit for home runs by the visiting team back onto the field?

I'm totally in agreement, that is a weak reason to throw a fan out, in fact it's something that I've been hoping other fans would start doing for quite a while since it was fun watching that happen at One Night Stand.

Thats lame... There was a guy front row facing toward the camera on Monday who kept flipping off the camera... He was never kicked out but they guy tossing the hat is? Thats bullshit.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Dale

« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2009, 05:10:07 PM »
I thought there were rules at arenas where you would be ejected for throwing things over the barriers / into the ring? I don't agree with him being thrown out, but the guy is clearly a douche. I'm sure there would have been plenty of kids next to him who would have loved to have had the shirt and actually appreciated it.

Also before anyone brings up the whole throwing the shirt back at ONS, look at the two situations. If they would have attempted to throw the dude(s) out at ONS there would have been a fucking riot.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2009, 08:41:21 AM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;29928
I thought there were rules at arenas where you would be ejected for throwing things over the barriers / into the ring? I don't agree with him being thrown out, but the guy is clearly a douche. I'm sure there would have been plenty of kids next to him who would have loved to have had the shirt and actually appreciated it.

Also before anyone brings up the whole throwing the shirt back at ONS, look at the two situations. If they would have attempted to throw the dude(s) out at ONS there would have been a fucking riot.

Good point, but I still would like to see his stuff get thrown back more often though ;)
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2009, 05:05:18 PM »

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2009, 04:15:25 PM »
I was going to make a Big Show thread but here is a better place to do this.

i just don't get what they are doing with him, they seemed to be giving him a huge push, he went over Taker and loads of other big wrestlers. It almost looked like he was going to win the belt at one point, then he had his feud with Cena. Cena won this but Big Show still came across as a strong competitor. Now he is fighting Kofi and Evan, not only is that a big downgrade but it ruins what could be some great matches between Kofi and Evan. Kofi holding the US belt is a neat move and we could be getting some great US matches but Big Show is fighting them for seemingly no reason. It just seems like he is there to hinder some good matches and has just been put in place because there is nothing else to do with him. Now Raw has Henry he is clearly the big guy being pushed (which I prefer) but it seems like they should either keep Big Show as a strong competitor or get rid of him completely rather than have him damaging what could be some interesting midcard matches on Raw.
Hell make him Jericho's partner if it means getting rid of these stupid matches or just make Big Show a wrester exclusive to Superstars so I never have to watch him but he still has his moments for people who do like him.

Offline AngryCaz

• FTTF
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): The Miz, Rey Mysterio, Colt Cabana.
« Reply #12 on: 18 July 2009, 11:18:18 PM »
Big Show is exactly what he needs to be, a strong mid carder that can at any time be a believable main event competitor if WWE needs to interject him into a couple of title matches now and again. I personally feel that Big Show is good at what he does, but it annoys me that WWE seems to be obsessed with smaller guys taking on giants - If Big Show wins the US Championship, I wouldn't mind at all. - Especially if it means they give him a run like his 2006 ECW Championship run, have him dominate and destroy until a mid card guy has been built up enough to get the expected rub from beating him.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 22 July 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
We talked about this on the radio last night lol... Big Show is exactly what Mark Henry was 5 years ago until recently... a big guy who fills a role in WWE who's lost his edge. Slowed down as a wrestling and has really become uninteresting.

I'm not going to lie, I used to love the big show, but now he's just slow and boring.

And the reason he's most comparable to mark Henry is because he signed a big contract and WWE has to respect it... Otherwise they lose a lot of money releasing him as he probably has a big downside guarantee and a long term contract, and if you're going to keep him, might as well put him in storylines and matches. It's more like they're stuck with him, or at least they respect him for giving so many years and so much to the business that they kind of have to keep him around.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 25 August 2009, 10:07:39 AM »
Technically not WWE, but close enough.

From Jeremy Borash's Twitter
Just saw a homeless old man speed-walking through Nashville wearing an old NWO shirt. Probably my favorite type of homeless old man.

I lol'd (Y)