Linked Events

• WWE SmackDown! Live Holiday Special: 29 November 2011

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* SmackDown! Live Holiday Special Discussion Thread: 29th November 2011  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator

Confirmed:
Mick Foley to host the show.
Steel Cage match for the World Heavyweight Championship between Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry.

Expected:
More between Jinder Mahal and Ted DiBiase.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Doesn't seem a little early for a Christmas show? They still have like 4 weeks left. Are they headed to the middle east this week?

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Was wondering that myself or if they are just gonna take off until after christmas or something. it just seems kinda odd to do a christmas special so early. with that said im oddly looking forward to this show even though i don't think bryan will pick up the win.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
What a disappointing show. i guess i should have expected it to be what it was with it being the christmas special but not even the muppets raw seemed this kiddy.

At first i was like Rhodes vs Booker? hell yeah! battle royal where the winner gets what he wants? hell yeah! street fight? hell yeah! but then all we got was pretty much squash matches or matches with jobbers in it.

Rhodes vs Booker didn't happen.

Street fight was a squash with Orton over Otunga. no one wants to see Otunga.

Battle royal was Sheamus vs a bunch of jobbers. and just ended up being the hornswoggle show and seemed like a waste of a battle royal. santa coul hav granted him the wish of speaking without the match.

Besides that we had Gabriel vs Jinder which no one cares about. ted getting involved which no one cares about.
Kofi beat Tyson kid which was a squash and no one cared about which ended in a cross body... not even the TOP or SOS for that matter.

though im sure it was an enjoyable show. for me not so much.

The world title match was good but i felt it should have went a little longer. and i expected big show to be on the show in some way. Henry winning just capped off a night of disappointment. i don't really want to say the show was bad but it was most certainly not for me and not what i was expecting.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
What a disappointing show. i guess i should have expected it to be what it was with it being the christmas special but not even the muppets raw seemed this kiddy.

That's because the Muppets aren't for kids explicitely.

At first i was like Rhodes vs Booker? hell yeah! battle royal where the winner gets what he wants? hell yeah! street fight? hell yeah! but then all we got was pretty much squash matches or matches with jobbers in it.

Rhodes vs Booker didn't happen.

Ya, that was retarded. Spend the first 15 minutes plugging it then it doesn't happen.

Street fight was a squash with Orton over Otunga. no one wants to see Otunga.

You know what? I have no idea why the insist on pushing Otunga, but that match was kind of decent. Orton was obviously going to win but Otunga actually looked good. It's mind boggling that he's plugging the TLC PPV though lol.

Battle royal was Sheamus vs a bunch of jobbers. and just ended up being the hornswoggle show and seemed like a waste of a battle royal. santa coul hav granted him the wish of speaking without the match.

I didn't mind how Hornswoggle can talk, that segment was decent, but the battle royal was fucking retarded. And I love me a battle royal.

Besides that we had Gabriel vs Jinder which no one cares about. ted getting involved which no one cares about.
Kofi beat Tyson kid which was a squash and no one cared about which ended in a cross body... not even the TOP or SOS for that matter.

I thought Kofi wearing the mask was funny. otherwise agreed.

though im sure it was an enjoyable show. for me not so much.

The world title match was good but i felt it should have went a little longer. and i expected big show to be on the show in some way. Henry winning just capped off a night of disappointment. i don't really want to say the show was bad but it was most certainly not for me and not what i was expecting.

The length of the cage match seemed more contingent on Henry's capabilities, but it could have gone longer. The end was ridiculous and way too sudden, and didn't really make me feel like Bryan had a shot, and keep in mind I went into the match thinking he had a shot. I think the match was good for Bryan regardless as it proves he can hang with the biggest guy in WWE, so we can only imagine what he could do in high profile matches with more capable guys. WWE has recognized this. I think Bryan will get a proper push now and cash in his title at WM like he promised. The end sucked, but overall this was good for Bryan.

I agree with you though adam, pretty disappointing show overall. Maybe it's too early to be in the Christmas spirit.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
LOAD OF SHIT.

Honestly I would be polite and usually I love the product the WWE puts out but this was turgid, stinky SHIT. If I paid I would be PISSED. The Hornswoggle stuff is a load of wank, its patronising to him for one, its thick, its ignorant, its annoying, its immature, its stupid. They should release him because having 'the ol' novelty midget' is a pisstake. What a waste of time that battle royal was, OOO he sneaked under the ring at the beginning no prizes for guessing he will be forgotten about and win in a way that makes Sheamus look like the lovely old big guy who has affection for small things. SHIT.

Rhodes vs Booker would be fucking amazing but no instead we get a bunch of matches with people we don't care about. Highlight was Orton eating cookies then smashing the tray on Otunga and his HO HO HO bit.

Backstage segments were wank, the Teddy/Arksana one was particularly embarassing.

1/10 for this show. WANK.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
I kind of expected worse given it was a Christmas special so it didn't end up being as bad as expected. I enjoyed the main event although have the same gripes others had with the sudden end and Henry winning. It was really good to see Daniel Bryan getting a lot of support. I have to say I really dig the guy on the mic as well, feel like when he's in the right mood he can cut a really good promo. I like how they make out Bryan is a pimp as well, so far he's pulled Gail Kim which made the Bella's jealous, and now he's sleeping around with AJ with his castaway beard.

The opening promo with Rhodes was entertaining, and I agree the match between him and Booker shouldn't have been plugged but I would rather they furthered that feud and have a match at a PPV then have one on this Smackdown, otherwise it could have easily ended the feud and given Rhodes nothing at TLC.

Tyson Kidd and Kofi had a good match but could have done with more time, the end was pretty awesome as well. I really wish they'd push Tyson Kidd, the guy has so much more potential then a lot of the crap they push, and like McIntyre, he's just dead weight on the roster :Kane:.

Orton decking in Otunga was entertaining and all the cookie stuff etc was funny, found Cole's reactions funny, but I agree whats with the sudden WWE love for Otunga, he has a terrible gimmick, he has that ridiculous bowtie, and seems to be green in the ring (although he seemed to have his best match here).

Aside from these moments, which were alright, the rest of the show was crap. The backstage party stuff was terrible, I don't know why they always do those things as they always seem awkward and forced, the divas match was terrible, I think it lasted about 20 seconds what an absolute joke, Ted DiBiase and Jinder Mahal feud, why is this even happening? We've got someone who is on par with Otunga for the worst gimmick going with a guy the WWE dropped the ball on about 6 months ago who didn't even get a win. In fact I don't think either of them have had a win or serious push in a long time. The moustache looks ridiculous and paedophilic and the DiBiase posse would be lucky to have Butters as a member, yet we are given a DiBiase push because his daddy is probably sucking off Vince McMahon behind Linda's back, its a shame the spunk landed on Dusty Rhodes head and has scarred him for life. And with the DiBiase push, we have guys like Kidd, McIntyre or even Swagger who could use that TV time to better effect and build on their characters who at least who could stand a chance and get a reaction. Mind you, I will say it gives Michael Cole a chance to say some hilarious things.

This wasn't the worst thing though, the end of the battle royal was terrible. I didn't even care about Hornswoggle coming in at the end, I expected it, what I did have a problem with was how much they dragged it out, literally just went on forever for something so petty, the crowd didn't give a shit come the end and I didn't give a shit. It was just the same lame jokes that have been done over and over again. Quite frankly I think Hornswoggle is a cunt and should have been exiled to Josef Fritzl's basement for a good fuck up the arse by the Fritz. I'd love to see a Mark Jindrak return or David Arquette surprise entrance, but noooooooooooooooooooooo we get Hornswoggle instead.