Author Topic: Updates  (Read 11443 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Updates
« on: 20 August 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
In this thread you will find updates mentioned that don't warrant a thread of their own (such as a new theme or modification being added).

If you have any problems, please check the Help Section for any solutions, and if none are found, direct them to the {{OFFICIAL}} Help Thread. Please direct any suggestions to the {{OFFICIAL}} Suggestions Thread.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
The default theme we use here (Argentum2) has now been upgraded.

We have also added a new theme for you to be able to select, which is called ModernDark64.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
Wrestling Babes has been renamed Wrestling Pictorials and is now open to wrestling photoshoots of both genders as well as photos of in-ring action.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2012, 03:19:33 AM »
The mobile theme has been upgraded.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 4 June 2012, 05:50:33 AM »
Added Themes:
DS-Natural
OverView
MysticJade
SilentWave
Meridian

Updated Theme:
Inferno

Removed Theme:
ModernDark64

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 2 August 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
Added the Crucio theme and set it as the default, as it is the theme that was commissioned to match the site.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2012, 05:23:09 AM »
Removed Themes:
Argentum2
Core
DS-Natural
Meridian
MysticJade
OverView
SilentWave

Themes Still Available:
Crucio (Current default theme which matches the rest of the site.)
Curve
Inferno
SMF4Mobile (Automatically used for mobile devices, but also available to use as a regular theme.)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2012, 10:22:52 PM »
The mobile theme has been upgraded.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 8 March 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
We have a new logo!

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 9 October 2014, 11:11:52 PM »
Removed Theme:
Inferno

Themes Still Available:
Crucio (Current default theme which matches the rest of the site.)
Curve
SMF4Mobile (Automatically used for mobile devices, but also available to use as a regular theme.)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 1 November 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
The Reputation system has now been removed.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2015, 03:24:46 AM »
The video embedding system has now been changed, so when possible it should load the HTML5 version rather than Flash (which should also mean that some tablets and mobile devices previously unable to play them can now do so).

On the current default theme, the Unread Posts and Unread Replies links have now moved to the header for those who are logged in, login boxes added in their place for those not logged in, and the addition of a search box above them regardless of login status.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 9 January 2016, 03:29:37 AM »
Now running on HTTPS (for details on what it is, see this Wikipedia article), with the plain HTTP access redirecting to it instead.

One complication that arises from this change however is that most web browsers are set to only show embedded content such as images if it is hosted from a HTTPS connection too, so if you post an image then you should make sure it is hosted from a HTTPS-capable site (such as Imgur) and make sure your are posting the link with the 's' present at the start of 'https://'.

If you have an image link starting 'http://', then check whether it is accessible via HTTPS by putting it in your browser's address bar, adding the 's', and going to the link. If it does, then make sure to use that HTTPS-accessible link (still including that 's').

If your image link isn't accessible via HTTPS, then either upload it to another HTTPS-capable image host, or change the link so that it can be served via the HTTPS-capable images.weserv.nl.

Example (already wrapped in the [img] tag ready for posting):

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/bje68m.jpg[/img](The above image host is used for illustration only, it might serve images via HTTPS at some point in the future. In addition however, Tinypic is not recommended anyway as they are known to recycle deleted image links - meaning other - potentially inappropriate - images may end up being shown in place of your own at some point in the future. While on that subject, please report any cases which appear to have recycled links now showing.)

The first part of the link for images.weserv.nl is:
https://images.weserv.nl/?url=
The original image link would need the 'http://' removing from it so that when placed after the images.weserv.nl link it would become:
[img]https://images.weserv.nl/?url=http://i68.tinypic.com/bje68m.jpg[/img]
As stated earlier in this post however, it is better to reupload to a HTTPS-capable host rather than use this workaround - especially if it is an animated image, as the workaround only shows a static version.

Database updates have meant a number of HTTPS-capable image links have been corrected from 'http://' to 'https://', and a number of HTTPS-incapable links have been corrected to use the workaround mentioned above.

It is easily possible that image links were missed however, so if you spot any then please update them if they are in your own posts, or if they aren't then send me a PM pointing out the post and links in question (unless the images are no longer available on the image host anyway, in which case there is no point in doing so unless they were hosted at Tinypic, which we would prefer to remove due to potentially inappropriate recycled links).

Unfortunately another complication is that externally-hosted avatars are currently not being shown and can't be updated to HTTPS-capable links, as the forum software currently doesn't like HTTPS links being entered on that section of your profile. The only HTTPS-capable avatar images that currently show are those that are chosen from the gallery or uploaded via the option in your profile.

EDIT: The workaround & externally-hosted avatar information is no longer applicable (hence the text now having strikethroughs), please see this post for more details.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2017, 03:05:46 PM by Awesome »

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2016, 11:06:58 AM »
Renamed the Social Media & Video board to Social Media, Video & Audio to signify it is also suitable for discussing wrestling-related audio, such as themes and podcasts etc.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
HTTPS links are now supported for externally hosted avatars, so please update your link to one that supports it if you use an externally-hosted avatar.

As for images in posts themselves, the previous workaround for non-HTTPS images is no longer needed as it is now handled by an image proxy built in to the forum software. Uploading to HTTPS-capable image hosts where possible (such as Imgur) is still recommended however.

As a reminder, Tinypic is still not recommended as an image host as they are known to recycle deleted image links, meaning other - potentially inappropriate - images may end up being shown in place of your own at some point in the future.

As another reminder related to that, please report any cases which appear to have recycled links now showing (also including any which aren't hosted at Tinypic).
« Last Edit: 15 May 2017, 09:14:01 PM by Awesome »