Author Topic: What genre of music do you think will dominate in 2013?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
What genre of music do you think will dominate in 2013?
« on: 24 December 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
In 2012 Female pop has dominated with the likes of Emeli Sande,Rihanna,Paloma Faith & Nicki Minaj throwing out some massive hits.

It appears now that ,Dubstep & dance is coming to its commercial end as generic Timbaland, RedOne, Dr. Luke, Calvin Harris and David Guetta style of dance-pop is starting to slowly disappear from the charts.

Looking at 2013 Beyonce, Gaga, Britney, Cher Lloyd, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus will all have new albums out so it is looking at another female heavy year of pop music.

But what genre/style of music do you think will be dominant in 2013 ?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: What genre of music do you think will dominate in 2013?
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2012, 03:21:37 PM »
Music that i won't listen to most likely.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2012, 06:45:20 PM »
Its all been the same type of music for about 15 years now, rap, R&B, indie, annoying female soul type music that the x-factor bums the fuck out of or equally worse, metal. None of it really interests me, and I swear Beyonce and da krew have like a new album out every six months lol.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2012, 06:46:07 PM »
Not to sound like a dick but does anyone really care anymore what kind of music we're told to listen to? I mean, it used to be sort of the only way we'd get exposed to new music, through TV and radio, now with the Internet you can discover new music all the time and it doesn't matter what the labels want you to listen to. I can safely say I'm barely ever exposed to shit like Nicki Minaj or whatever and stick to my little niches of music. Frankly I find it hard to find new bands at all, I'm safer just sticking to the bands I know and their new releases.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #4 on: 24 December 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
Wait people listen to the radio? How terrible for them?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2012, 11:38:51 PM »
That 2nd question mark seems misplaced. But yeah the radio is pretty horrible it's either old stuff or rap country or kesha type shit. I'd like to have XM to try to discover more stuff i like.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24 December 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
Not to sound like a dick but does anyone really care anymore what kind of music we're told to listen to? I mean, it used to be sort of the only way we'd get exposed to new music, through TV and radio, now with the Internet you can discover new music all the time and it doesn't matter what the labels want you to listen to. I can safely say I'm barely ever exposed to shit like Nicki Minaj or whatever and stick to my little niches of music. Frankly I find it hard to find new bands at all, I'm safer just sticking to the bands I know and their new releases.
Exactly my thoughts, there is a reason that I stopped paying attention to the charts years ago.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 25 December 2012, 08:28:03 PM »
I'm going to sound super old but I only listen to AM radio these days.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #8 on: 27 December 2012, 06:53:23 AM »
It appears now that ,Dubstep & dance is coming to its commercial end as generic Timbaland, RedOne, Dr. Luke, Calvin Harris and David Guetta style of dance-pop is starting to slowly disappear from the charts.

Calvin Harris is the least generic mainstream artist working today. He has adapted his sound for so many varying artists and can even create his own songs as well as genuinely awesome mixes. And how is Calvin Harris dying out or even slowly disappearing from the charts? His latest album is huge, it is all I am hearing in shops, clubs etc.

Its all been the same type of music for about 15 years now, rap, R&B, indie, annoying female soul type music that the x-factor bums the fuck out of or equally worse, metal. None of it really interests me, and I swear Beyonce and da krew have like a new album out every six months lol.

That is kind of narrow minded, its kind of jumping on the 'they don't make good music anymore' bandwagon which is piffle to be honest. As Prax said you can find good music on the internet. You can't really list indie either seeing as it branches into different genres including folk, rock and electro. Music today actually has the most genres available. Plus there was a lot of shit songs being made back in the day but since we are past that time all that is remembered are the classics. If we fast forward thirty years this generation's music will look better when good bands are remembered and crap like black eyed peas is forgotten.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2012, 06:54:58 AM by J.D »