Author Topic: WFF Season 2: Final results!  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
WFF Season 2: Final results!
« on: 19 November 2012, 04:47:45 AM »
Team Adam: 786
Team Chappers: 730
Team JD 720
Team Hoho: 703
Team Prax: 607
Team Awesome: 504
Team Demez: 352

I win!!!!!  :mrk

Chappers were very close in a battle for 2nd place but the season 1 champ held off JD in the end.
HoHo breaks into the 700 club
Prax gets into the 600 club
Awesome Goes out with a great night having the best night on Survivor Series and gets into the 500 club.
And Demez....

I hope everyone enjoyed this season. Thanks to everyone who participated.

I'm not sure if or when season 3 will start. if anything it will probably be around the start of 2013.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: WFF Season 2: Final results!
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2012, 05:36:06 AM »
Thanks for a great season guys! Even being middle of the pack is fun lol. With some tweaks this game could be even better.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2012, 07:23:02 AM »
Feel free to leave any ideas for changes and tweaks for the future, everything is a work in progress and things can always improve. I wish there was a better way to balance things out but i am just not sure how to do that.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
Congrats Adam!!!
A very close and interesting season with a lot of shifting between the top four.

This was a really good series and the game has improved since last time but I have some recommendations.

My feedback is as follows
- No commentators etc next time
- No managers/referees or anyone else who isn't a wrestler

The reason for this is because it should be about wrestling matches and because managers can show up five times on one show which will technically give someone a point. As for commentators they are guaranteed points and it takes the fun out.

I also think there should be a limit to how many points a wrestler can receive in one night. If Punk is involved in a promo, match and major segment then fine. If he is involved in two promo's, one segment and a match that should not count. A wrestler should only be able to earn three things each show. Anymore it should not be counted because quite often points are rewarded to wrestlers who are on screen for a small amount of time e.g. Daniel Bryan but appear like five times throughout the show. Three things are counted and that is it (and one has to be the match itself.) If a wrestler has two matches and a promo fine. If a wrestler has two matches, a promo and an interview/major segment then scrap the interview/major segment.
The three things that earn the most points must always be picked. I also think that winning a match should count for more points than a promo.

Another thing I think would be good is to put a limit on transactions. Because you guys are in America you see the show first and that disadvantages those from the U.K. That is a problem that can't be resolved but putting a limit on constant switching would make the game more fair. Injury reserve should still occur but I think a limit of three transactions per season would be cool because it makes you more wise with your choices and it also evens the game out (e.g. if nobody has chosen Show and he becomes a main eventer someone might nab him, that same person might then take Henry who returns the next week then might pick Santino who may have received a push- after these three moves that is enough and they would have to ride the remainder of the season out swapping someone only to return someone on injury reserve.)

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2012, 11:43:20 PM »
I think if someone gets a promo on a show, and then they have another promo it should just be the score of the first promo plus one point per promo after, same applied to matches etc. If they have a promo plus a match then I'm down for them getting full points for both.

For example, if Zack ryder has fiver promos on one show he'll get 3 points from the first promo, plus 4 points, with a point assigned for every promo he cut afterwards.

I wouldn't mind having it just down to Smackdown and RAW again, maybe have that main event show as well. I just feel like some of us know nothing about TNA and don't watch Superstars. A smaller team with less shows would be better imo.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2012, 12:12:39 AM »
Because you guys are in America you see the show first and that disadvantages those from the U.K.
Actually, Raw is shown live in the US and UK at the same time, and SmackDown is shown in the UK one or two hours before the US gets it on Fridays (obviously if it's a "Live Super SmackDown" on a Tuesday, it's shown at the same time as the US just like Raw).
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
Because you guys are in America you see the show first and that disadvantages those from the U.K.
Actually, Raw is shown live in the US and UK at the same time, and SmackDown is shown in the UK one or two hours before the US gets it on Fridays (obviously if it's a "Live Super SmackDown" on a Tuesday, it's shown at the same time as the US just like Raw).
Yeah UK get to see RAW live at the same time, but its at the most inconvenient time of the day to watch it.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2012, 12:53:56 AM »
Some good ideas.

Shows like Xpkosion, Saturday morning slam and Superstars will definitely be on the show in the future. mostly because it's a hassle to watch really because i wouldn't normall watch those shows. I like to keep Main Event since it always has guys that we have on our rosters and it has a big match. I'd also like to keep Impact and the TNA PPVs because it helps balance out guys on the roster, but i may not make it mandatory to have TNA guys on your roster like season 2.

The commentary points were supposed to be for wrestlers doing commentary during someones match. for example -Trith does guest commentary on Cesaro's match because they are feuding. I had never thought anyone would pick actual commentators.

I Agree that winning matches should mean more. maybe we can all find a new number to give the matches and promo's etc.

It's always hard trying to differentiate what a major segment is. I meant anything big happening in the ring or like someone running in and costing someone a match i always count as one. then in an interview like if matthews or striker is really interviewing someone i always count that as a promo but the hard part is the other backstage stuff. Like the Randyorton, Ricardo and ADR Segment from SD a few weeks ago where they were brawling in the food and stuff that was a major segment but is Teddy Long talking to Eve for 30 seconds one? ehh doesn't seem like it to me.

Managers i will disagree on. they only get 2 points per managing and sometimes they are a bigger part of the show. i don't think they are a big issue.

I was thinking maybe we can have a limit on wrestlers points.  like say one wrestler can only score a certain amount of points per night. that way it helps it keeps it balanced somewhat. and simple. I liked both JD and Chappers ideas too. maybe we can see if anyone else has some more ideas and then come to a vote or something.

Now finally this would change the game in a big way. I'm not sure if i would want to do this and maybe we could have this on the side but what if we pitted our teams against each other each week?

Say we have 6 teams sign up (it would have to be an even number) and Week one we have

Chappers vs Prax
Adam vs Hoho
Awesome vs JD

Then we could just go by record on wins and losses like a sports team,

Of course we would all play eachother a few times during the season and make it balanced so everyone has the same schedule but at the end of the season whoever has the best record wins. i think this would also help balance the overall game so one person won't end up hundreds of points ahead of someone else  like what happened this season you just have to have a good couple of weeks against your competition and you're back in it.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 20 November 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
Yeah UK get to see RAW live at the same time, but its at the most inconvenient time of the day to watch it.
Sorry for misunderstanding your earlier post then.

I doubt they are likely to change that as the US is obviously their home market (and I'd assume largest too?), so they wouldn't want to do anything to inconvenience the home fans instead.

The commentary points were supposed to be for wrestlers doing commentary during someones match. for example -Trith does guest commentary on Cesaro's match because they are feuding. I had never thought anyone would pick actual commentators.
The commentators themselves were listed as eligible though, so it made sense to choose them.

Now finally this would change the game in a big way. I'm not sure if i would want to do this and maybe we could have this on the side but what if we pitted our teams against each other each week?

Say we have 6 teams sign up (it would have to be an even number) and Week one we have

Chappers vs Prax
Adam vs Hoho
Awesome vs JD

Then we could just go by record on wins and losses like a sports team,

Of course we would all play eachother a few times during the season and make it balanced so everyone has the same schedule but at the end of the season whoever has the best record wins. i think this would also help balance the overall game so one person won't end up hundreds of points ahead of someone else  like what happened this season you just have to have a good couple of weeks against your competition and you're back in it.
I like it, it's different and like you said it gives people more of a chance.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2012, 01:08:33 AM by Awesome »
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 20 November 2012, 03:00:38 AM »
I like the idea of doing a head to head thing, maybe with playoffs at the end of the season. Could be an interesting experiment.

I don't really think it's fair to change how we do waivers, while one area might get to see one show before another some people come on here sporadically so limiting the time they get to do that could be difficult.

Limiting points makes sense, but I think that we shouldn't do that for matches. If someone wrestles 3 times in one night it's not only a very rare occurrence, but it's really impressive for a wrestler to accomplish that so I think it should be rewarded, even if its short matches that turn into tag team matches.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
Limiting points makes sense, but I think that we shouldn't do that for matches. If someone wrestles 3 times in one night it's not only a very rare occurrence, but it's really impressive for a wrestler to accomplish that so I think it should be rewarded, even if its short matches that turn into tag team matches.
I would agree with that too, if there is a limit then it definitely shouldn't apply to matches.