Author Topic: Official TNA Hard Justice 2008 Thread.  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA Hard Justice 2008 Thread.
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2008, 01:11:29 PM »
first off i can't really say i enjoyed the whole rapping thing because i am not a rap fan so i can't really say if that was good or not from a rap fans point of view.

Petey Williams vs Creed. ****

Great Match, i could the ending kind of brought it down a bit but after the match Bashir got to cut a little promo telling why he cost creed the match and i thought it was really good and it brought it back up from whatever it brought down.but yeah i really loved this match it really surprised me because i didn't think creed could work that well but he and petey worked very good together.

Gail,ODB,Taylor vs Kong,Sky,Love. ***1/4

This match was getting really good. but then Taylor got in there at the end and won with a roll up and kinda made the ending kinda mehh for me. it was still a very good match though and was given a good amount of time. the ending brought it down a bit though.

LAX vs Beer Money. ***1/2

Another really good match IMO. some smart strategy from beer money working over the eye of homicide. and some great spots with hernandez. the crowed was also very in to this match.and they even teased the LAX break up a bit which was good. but once again we see the ending being not so good. with beer money using the beer bottle over homicides eye.but at the same time it made sense so it doesn't take much away from this one.

Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal. *1/2 (for lethal and sonjays wrestling and attempt to make this good)

I'm Really not sure how to rate this. the wrestling was pretty good but the tux's were just retarded. and the fans agreed that they were with the fire Russo chants,and rightfully so because this had Russo written all over it. i honestly feel bad for Jay LEthal and Sonjay dutt. just the look on there faces look like they were in pain doing this.but overall i gotta knock off a good bit for the stupid gimmick that ruined this PPVs momentum.

Team 3D vs Cage & Rhino.***

Kind of disappointing here. not as many spots as i thought there should be and the table didn't break which the crowed didn't like. it was still a good overall match though but i thought it could of have been better.but after the match devine comes down with the kendo stick and helps 3D attack rhino and christian and the as i predicted abyss came down and made the save which was good.and im glad they waited until after the match to bringdevine and abyss out.

AJ Styles vs Angle.****1/2

Great Great Match. I loved it. back and forth and like it should have been AJ got put over cleanly. the ending saw angle get a big DDT from the top rope and then they sold a Anlge neck injury very well and AJ hated Kurt so much he came back down there and hit a brainbuster which was pretty awesome beings these 2 have had such a heated rivalry. then after that the lights go out and stings attacks AJ and the nash ask hims what he is doing.which is good because now it seems we will have sting vs AJ maybe which is a dream match of mine.

Joe vs Booker T.***

This was a good match but didn't really have enough time for it to be really good. i loved the ending with the lights going out and you think it was sting but really joe hits booker with a guitar and they hint at a return from jeff jerrett.which makes me really interested to watch TNA more just to see where it is going.

Overall. 8.50.
Only bad thing in here IMO was lethal vs dutt and that is only because of the bad gimmick.also the only minor thing i would like for TNA to do better would be to have better finishes to there undercard. AJ and Joe finishes were both good but the rest kind of hurt there matches a bit.

anyways this makes 3 good PPVs for TNA in a row now IMO. so good for them.now just get kaz back without a dumb gimmick.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;12390

Gail,ODB,Taylor vs Kong,Sky,Love. ***1/4

This match was getting really good. but then Taylor got in there at the end and won with a roll up and kinda made the ending kinda mehh for me. it was still a very good match though and was given a good amount of time. the ending brought it down a bit though.

I know that I was just complaining about the faces winning again ,but why did that troll have to take the pin? :@
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
Quote from: CLMark;12391
I know that I was just complaining about the faces winning again ,but why did that troll have to take the pin? :@

I guess they are trying to put her over even more. usually i don't have much of a problem with her but i just Realized i don't think she has ever won with anything but a roll up.so we have a knockouts champ without a finisher which brought down a very good womens match. i think im starting to get on the taylor wilde hate band wagon.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2008, 01:43:20 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;12394
I guess they are trying to put her over even more. usually i don't have much of a problem with her but i just Realized i don't think she has ever won with anything but a roll up.so we have a knockouts champ without a finisher which brought down a very good womens match. i think im starting to get on the taylor wilde hate band wagon.

Exaclty. Don't get me wrong she's a talented wrestler and all but the way they are pushing her makes her seem like a paper champion and it's making me dislike her. She's beating all of her opponents in a roll up including Kong of all people. One of the times for the title (correct me if I'm wrong) and I've yet to see anyone go over her at all. Her winning by roll up is just bringing down the credibility of anyone that she beats and the credibility of the title. It also really cracks me up to watch the little video where all the face knockouts put her over saying she's "Worked from the bottom up" when she really hasn't. It's no longer the TNA Knockouts Division. It's The Taylor Wilde Show.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2008, 01:56:55 PM »
My Review of last nights Hard Justice PPV.

TNA X-Division Championship:
Petey Williams vs Creed

Rating: ***3/4

This was a very good match, and it helped because the fans were so into this match. They were mostly for Williams but there was a couple of Creed fans here. There was back and forth action here with the Canadian Destroyer being teased through-out the match. There was about 2-3 times I thought the match should have been over but went on which was good. The finish was decent but the run-in pulled it back a little but it made sense. The promo after was good, but they should have kept it for iMPACT so it would be seen by more people. ***3/4.

6-Womens Knock-out Match:
Gail Kim, ODB, Taylor Wilde vs Awesome Kong, Velvet Sky, Angelina Love.

Rating: **3/4

This was a good match but nothing more than that. The heels should have went over with Kong pinning Taylor Wilde but what can you do. There was some good stuff in this match especially from Gail Kim but this match could have been on iMPACT IMO. The match didnt build up to any match which I thought it should have. At least an argument with Kim, ODB, Wilde on who sohould get the pin, just something. **3/4

TNA Tag Team Championships:
LAX vs Beer Money

I was a bit sceptical about this match as I am not a Robert Roode fan and I thought he would bring the match down with his "slowish" style of wrestling but he proved me wrong here, he done well as did everybody. This was very good match IMO. The spot where Hernadez border tossed Homice over the ring post onto Beer Money was very nice IMO. They teased a break-up from LAX (which I hope doesn't happen.) This was a very good match. ***3/4

Black Tie - Brawl and Chain Match:
Sonjay Dutt vs Jay Lethal

Rating: *1/2

These guys tries soo hard to make a good match out of this stupid gimmick but couldn't pull it off. It went way to long for what it was, it was like a mix between a chain match and a bra and panties match with men, what do the TNA creative team be thinking? And I don't like pointing fingers but what goes through Vince Russo's mind? This was bad. *1/2 because they tried.

Jersey Street Fight:
Team 3D vs Cage & Rhino.

Rating: ***

Now this is a hard one to call because I liked this match. I would have given it a ***1/2 stars but TNA done the same thing as they always do, going to the crowd. Now this can be good but not in Tag team matches, the split screen thing ruins the match, I know it gets the crowed hyped but watching it at home it doesn't look good. If you are going to book a match to go into a crowd (A tag match) keep everyone together, it would work much better IMO. But all and all, fun match. ***

Last Man Standing:
AJ Styles vs Angle

Rating: ****3/4

I may be over rating this match but I don't care, it was AWESOME! Everything fitted together in this match perfectly and I knew Sting would interfere and I was afraid of a stupid finish but Thank You TNA. We got a clean finish. It was a awesome match and may I say, Kurt Angle is a Wrestling Machine! They put on a great Last man Standing, well it was more of a Texas Death Match but who cares it was great. The ending just made it better, the DDT off the top actually made me go "Oh Shit!". We all know about Angles neck and him taking a bump like that was amazing. The Sting angle after it made it even better, it was just a GREAT match. MOTY candidate IMO. ****3/4

TNA World Championship:
6 Sides Of Steel with Weapons:

Pretty weak "Main event" but good match. They didnt have enough time to do anything special but they pulled out a good match for the time given which was only about 15 minutes or maybe less than that. Some good stuff in this match with a nice ending with everyone thinking Sting was about to run in, but Joe was standing with Mr. Jeff Jerretts guitar and smashed it over Bookers head. I liked it. ***

OVER-ALL PPV:

Rating: 8.25

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #20 on: 12 August 2008, 12:41:54 AM »
Quote from: Pala!;12397

Rating: *1/2

These guys tries soo hard to make a good match out of this stupid gimmick but couldn't pull it off. It went way to long for what it was, it was like a mix between a chain match and a bra and panties match with men, what do the TNA creative team be thinking? And I don't like pointing fingers but what goes through Vince Russo's mind? This was bad. *1/2 because they tried.

Pala, why are you sitting here overrating this match? It was crap, I don't care how hard they tried to make it look good, it just didn't. This is why TNA needs to fire Mr. Russo and go back to good gimmick matches like, I dunno. The Clockwork Orange House of Fun, because unlike this piece of trash that was entertaining. Hopefully they give these guys one more match before ending the fued because this is just a bad note to end anything on.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Pala!

« Reply #21 on: 12 August 2008, 01:28:35 AM »
Thats what I said they tried to have a good match, but it turned out pure crap.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2008, 10:06:49 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise
This is looking a very solid PPV and I've got high hopes of this being one of the top TNA PPVs of the year which should be difficult since it follows on from LockDown, Slammiversary and Victory Road which were all amazing.

And didn't it ****ing deliver! People said this had Vince Russo written all over it and if it did then I take back a lot (not everything) I've said about him. Perhaps the best TNA PPV I've seen in a LONGGGGGGG time. It's in the top 3 ever in my eyes...

TNA X-Division Championship:

Petey Williams vs Creed

Rating: ****1/4

Awesome match only spoiled by the ending and the Rocka Khan interference. The Bashir/Davari stuff at the end was great too and builds up for something good I expect.

6-Womens Knock-out Match:
Gail Kim, ODB, Taylor Wilde vs Awesome Kong, Velvet Sky, Angelina Love.

Good average bout. Faces won so no surprises to me as Taylor Wilde is being put over but it asks the question of who can actually beat this "mediocre" champion at best.

TNA Tag Team Championships:
LAX vs Beer Money

Another solid bout in this feud but unlike the previous bouts Beer Money won and actually weren't made to look like jobbers the entire bout. The border toss was awesome too. Happy to see new champs but sad if this breaks up LAX.

The biggest disappointment of the night no doubt but where other people look down on it for the lack of wrestling the pure brutality both guys tried to inflict on the other by hanging them FFS! was actually gold in my eyes. I didn't expect a match, I expected a damn near killing-brawl and I got it. Only real bad part was Dutt was made to look a bad jobber.

Jersey Street Fight:
Team 3D vs Cage & Rhino.

Only doesn't get four stars because of the table breaking and the too much comedy that was involved in the match. It was supposed to be a street fight but really it was more just like a no-countout match. Disappointed slightly but still a good watch.

Last Man Standing:
AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle

Rating: *****

Kurt Angle is the freaking best. **** PWI and their #2 rating. Can Randy Orton do this shit Kurt Angle can do? **** no. (Yes I am an Orton fan too btw) But the ****ing somersault and then the gloating was just gold. Never mind the 5* match.

TNA World Championship:
6 Sides Of Steel with Weapons:

Rating: ***1/2

Pretty weak "Main event" but good match. Twisted ending with Joe was standing with THE MAN'S guitar and smashed it over Bookers head. - Pretty much what Pala said.

OVER-ALL PPV:

Rating: 9.00