Author Topic: NFL 2008-09 Season Official Discussion  (Read 1332 times)

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
NFL 2008-09 Season Official Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 22 July 2008, 07:20:13 PM »
FAVRE is welcome in Chicago. In fact I'll take just about any other quarter back than that pile of shite Grossman. :(

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;9118
FAVRE is welcome in Chicago. In fact I'll take just about any other quarter back than that pile of shite Grossman. :(

Awww poor Franchise :lol2:

Yeah I don't know what is up with Lovey Smith. Grossman could lead the team to an 0-15 record and he still won't let him go.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #17 on: 2 August 2008, 01:21:50 AM »
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)
"This is my welcome!"

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: 2 August 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
I'm sick of Brett's crap, but even-more sick of any Manning talk.

Where's Danny?

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #19 on: 2 August 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
Quote from: Skittles;10989
As much as I dislike Ken Lucas, this is the type of stuff I don't want going on with my team. Smith needs to get his temper in check.

See, this kind situation depends on the coach and ownership. Some coaches love it when there players fight it trainning champ it show competitiveness in the players which is something any coach would want to see.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #20 on: 2 August 2008, 08:37:44 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;11043
See, this kind situation depends on the coach and ownership. Some coaches love it when there players fight it trainning champ it show competitiveness in the players which is something any coach would want to see.

It wasn't that kind of fight though. I know what you are talking about. When they get into a scuffle on the field in the middle of practice with the helmets on and everything. But this happened on the side line with the helmets off. I don't even think it was a fight. It seeems like Lucas said something that pissed Smith off enough to break his nose.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #21 on: 2 August 2008, 08:50:47 PM »
Well I'd fine Smith for his action and not suspend him... He is there best player and you don't neutralize yourself for the first two games for something that happened in the first week of training camp that is stupid.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
Pre-Season kills me. Seeing so many great just great players not get used in the regular season who have great runs. Lets say, Erik Ainge 3rd in the dept chart of the Jets. He had a really nice game agains the Browns, i was really impressed. He probably had the best game of all the QB's in that game but because of Farve he will never get his chance. Its lame cause he can easily beat Clemen for that job.

Giants looked good against Detroit. Couglhin playing like it was the superbowl was great.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2008, 06:52:45 AM »
I was just watching our MyNTV (our upcoming SD home) the other day, & they're advertsing themselves as  the place for preseason Browns & Steelers games. The focus was on advertising the Phil-Pit game that already happened on a date that already passed.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2008, 07:01:21 AM »
I was at the Redskins Vs Bills preseason game last saturday and a couple things stuck out to me player wise... First being I think Roscoe Parrish (WR for the Bills) is going to have a good year... His best to date. The second being is there is a QB controversy in Buffalo between Trent Edwards and JP Losman.. Losman looked really good against the Redskins and lead them on two scoring drives.... The third being about the 'Skins... Jason Campbell looker offly good. I expect him to actually do something this year... Colt Brennan is really popular up there! I have never seen a thrid sting QB already have his only replica jersey out... He also should be the 2nd QB on the depth chart over Todd Collins... And the last thing is Jason Taylor... As much as I hate him he is going to be beast for the 'Skins... McNabb,Eli,and Romo need to be on watch...

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #25 on: 20 August 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
I really can't wait for the regular season to begin. Some big changes made throughout the entire league this year and I can't wait to see what happens (Mainly with Favre in New York and Rodgers starting in Green Bay). Hoping my Packers do good.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #26 on: 20 August 2008, 08:02:43 PM »
Brady Quinn Brady Quinn Brady Quinn.
Oh yeah i thinkAnderson go hurt on Monday...

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2008, 04:14:16 AM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;13861
Brady Quinn Brady Quinn Brady Quinn.
Oh yeah i thinkAnderson go hurt on Monday...

Since I live so close to "Brownstown", Dad & I were atching the game during "Raw" commercial breaks.

I told him how I went to the local JCPenney the week after Quinn got drafted, & they were already selling his Browns jersey.

Dad (who's a longtime Bengals fan, but big in local sports, too), said they should've been, before he gets good/popular, which will make his stuff worth more.

I (a Steelers fan) told him that no matter how good BQ looked in comparison to DA, there's no guarantee he's ever going to be good enough to make his catrds/apparel/etc. worth much. (Thot about asking him to compare it to the mix of love & hate Cena long recieved.)

Offline 2Slick

« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2008, 05:45:11 AM »
Dolphins have no chance of making the playoffs this year and there record will probably be around 2-14 - 4-12.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
Well with the Pre-season beginning to wrap up, I must say that I'm excited for the Carolina Panthers this season. Jake Delhomme may not rank up there with Brady, The Mannings, Roethlisburger, and etc., but he is the heart and soul of the team so it's nice to see him back and healthy. Hopefully he can stay that way this season. I think the main factor that is going to help our team win games is the running game. No more Deshaun"tap dancing behind the line of scrimmage" Foster. Williams/Stewart duo is going to be AH-SOME!
"This is my welcome!"