Author Topic: Shelton Benjamin  (Read 451 times)

Offline Zuccini

Shelton Benjamin
« on: 19 July 2008, 02:45:13 PM »
Well Me and J2M have been talking about him in many threads so i just decided to make a seperate thread.
Now if a Brand change was in order for Shelton to Raw..he would make a good fued with Kofi Kingston. It would also give Kofi a good push to get him started.
But if a change to smackdown, he would fued with Jeff Hardy i would pressume. It would keep Jeff in the heavyweight contention picture aswell as give Shelton the push he needs.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
I am a mark for Shelton Benjamin. Have been a major fan of the guy ever since he came into the WWE many years ago as the World's Greatest Tag Team with Charlie Haas under Kurt Angle. And when he changed over to Raw I knew his career would fly forward and on his first night on Raw he defeated Triple H! That was epic and I was marking out like crazy. His Intercontiental Championship reigns have been as good. With some great feuds against Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Christian and Ric Flair.

At the moment he has so much damn potential locked up inside of him that it drives me crazy and seeing him job piss's me off so bad. Since his change to SmackDown though I have been more hopeful. His win over Matt Hardy gave me a lot as not only did he beat the reigning United States Champion but he did so cleanly. That is a big thing for anyone to do if you're not above his level. If Shelton is given the United States Championship it will be a great thing for the WWE and him. He could have so many awesome feuds against Jeff Hardy, Mr.Kennedy and Montel Vontavious Porter. Not to mention that if he does do so he'll have a small stint with Matt Hardy.

To be honest he could be a future World Champion if the WWE brew him the right way for it. I think he should get more mic time and develop them more so as I have said he can improve more and hopefully rapidly. I see big things in his future but it all depends, but I hope he heads the right way, to World Championship gold one day! :D

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2008, 02:56:33 PM »
I would like to see that. But i think he should join the IC championship contention. The IC chamipionship has been awful these days and if he won it, he could carry it a long way.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2008, 02:57:25 PM »
Mysterio was drafted to Raw! And having Shelton feud with Kofi if he was still on Raw was very unlikely as on Raw he hasn’t been pushed since 2005. But now on Smackdown there is a possibility of a push, a Shelton and Jeff Hardy feud over the US title would be epic, and I personally would buy a PPV just for that match.

Shelton really has all the potential in the world to be great, and he is now on the brand that benefits the mid card wrestler, but I think this is Shelton’s last chance to become something great.

Offline Zuccini

Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2008, 03:00:09 PM »
Agreed. Everyone would think Benjamin is past his prime but I think he has a lot left in his tank. But he needs to bring it all out now. Its now or never for him. First the US championship then the World Championship. Hopefully he gets a turn

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2008, 03:02:20 PM »
Quote from: Booty luv;8253
A Shelton Benjamin and Jeff Hardy feud over the US title would be epic, and I personally would buy a PPV just for that match.

I can't agree anymore. I think I may even buy the GAB PPV because apparently Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin for the US Championship and I can not be one who doesn't witness it happen if he takes it out. I am a mark and it is my duty :P But seriously I am considering buying it all because I think he may win.

Offline Zuccini

Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2008, 03:03:55 PM »
Yeah true. But what would make it more interesting is a Ladder match. Its what Matt and Shelton are best at and it would bring in more popularity for the match.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2008, 03:04:46 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8255
Agreed. Everyone would think Benjamin is past his prime but I think he has a lot left in his tank. But he needs to bring it all out now. Its now or never for him. First the US championship then the World Championship. Hopefully he gets a turn

Sorry for the double post.

Anyway I reckon he is awesome but it's a long, long time until he will get a chance at the World Championship. If ever. He has still got a long mile to go to prove to us he is worthy of being where he is. I believe he is but not everyone agrees. He just needs to get over more and I think he will on SmackDown and as US Champion.

Offline Zuccini

Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
Well if he ever gets a chance for heavyweight gold he must win the US championship now to start his run. Or he wont get a chance.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Shelton Benjamin
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
Extremely true there. But if he wants a possible chance at World Championship gold first of all he is does need to take out the United States Championship but he has to do a good job as champion and have a most probable, lengthy reign. If he gets it and loses it in a month then he will never be at the top unfortunately.