Author Topic: Where Taker is... *SPOILERS*  (Read 434 times)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Where Taker is... *SPOILERS*
« on: 19 July 2008, 01:06:47 PM »

Mark Calaway has made The Undertaker one of the most successful professional wrestlers of all time.

The 6-foot-10 behemoth -- heavily muscled, with many tattoos, a menacing glare and intimidating presence -- has starred in World Wrestling Entertainment for 15 years.

He's made lots of money -- and has invested some of it in real estate in northern Colorado.

Calaway and his business partner, Scott Everhart, who's also a financial consultant for A.G. Edwards and has been Calaway's financial adviser for 17 years, invested $2.7 million in a building at Interstate 25 and Crossroads Boulevard in Loveland. They renamed it the Calahart building, using portions of their last names. The building, at 4045 St. Cloud Drive, has upscale office space and a good location near Centerra.

Everhart has moved to Fort Collins. And after Calaway eventually retires, he may move there as well; he now lives in Austin, Texas.

"The area is just booming; this place is about to explode," Calaway says about the Fort Collins area -- and sounding far more reasonable on the phone than does his TV character. "The first thing we look for is potential for growth in the area. Fort Collins had several key aspects of what we're looking for.

"The development side is where we're at now; it really piques my interest. Just taking a piece of dirt and envisioning the building you'd like to put on it -- it's an amazing process. I'm still in the learning aspects of that."

At 40, he's nearing the end of his career. He had arm surgery recently, and hopes to be back in the ring by late September. But how much longer will he keep wrestling, which exacts a huge physical toll and requires constant travel?

So this answers all your questions to where the Deadman has been. Good to see that he'll be back in September because I wanna see this Kane storyline without his involvement.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2008, 01:09:33 PM »
Yeah im also interested in this Kane storyline. Although my opinion in his carreer is that it wont last much longer. I think he will be part of the Kane storyline and it will be his last. Well his last good fued anywayz. Good luck to him in future though

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2008, 03:44:09 PM »
I'd still give taker a few more years iin him before he hangs up the boots.i hope when he comes back he gets this edge storyline out of the way fast and then feuds with triple h leading up and at survivor series. then maybe feud with someone like Umaga or MVP or possibly even big show.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
I'd say that the deadman would have at most three years left in him. That's if he pushes it through IMO. I think his send off will be Wrestlemania 26. Anyway I am looking forward to his return. I hope they get the Edge feud gone fast as we've seen it 100 times and it's becoming very boring to say the absolute least. I wanna see him feud with Triple H leading to the two facing off at WM again as they could do an awesome job of it. Other feuds could be with MVP, Big Show and possibly Jeff Hardy. I'd love to see Jeff Hardy-Taker again, it wold be epic. :D

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2008, 03:49:46 PM »
I agree with the WM26 send off. A final win at WM would be perfect sendoff for him and would leave him unbeaten at WM

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2008, 05:19:48 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8303
I agree with the WM26 send off. A final win at WM would be perfect sendoff for him and would leave him unbeaten at WM

I think he should lose his last WM match. As prax said, Ric Flair lost so why can't he lose? There is nothing wrong with "passing the torch" off to someone else and it wouldn't damage the credibility of his streak.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
Keep him & Kane separate; All he does like his character now is (@ least temp.'ily) kill the careers of anyone he works alongside.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2008, 11:45:50 PM »
This isn't really much of a spoiler, it just says he should probably be back around september. I thought he was supposed to come back at the wedding anyway?

Anyway, good to here he's doing well financially, it's really sad when you hear of wrestlers who didn't invest their money and weren't smart with all they made in their careers.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2008, 11:51:11 PM »
Quote from: Prax;8733
This isn't really much of a spoiler, it just says he should probably be back around september. I thought he was supposed to come back at the wedding anyway?

Anyway, good to here he's doing well financially, it's really sad when you hear of wrestlers who didn't invest their money and weren't smart with all they made in their careers.

3 words: Ric Flair Finance.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2008, 12:04:51 AM »
yeah, i will second, third and fourth that Kane's storyline shouldnt involve Taker

Offline D'Evil1

« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2008, 09:48:24 PM »
this kane storyline is going pretty good, taker is getting old and needs to retire, he's been around awhile and i don't think he has much else to offer to wwe, he's won every title he can win, done all the matches, all he really is right now is a fan draw
"The Prelude" Mixtape coming soon