Author Topic: MVP...The Cost  (Read 969 times)

Offline Zuccini

MVP...The Cost
« on: 19 July 2008, 12:54:13 PM »
TBH i cant see what made this superstar so expensive. Sure he is good but the most expensive buy? Rip Off IMO.
I mean there are much better superstars in the WWE that should be worth much more than MVP.
Thoughts?

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
I think MVP is awesome. He is a future World Champion and the future of this business. They've given him so much because they want to keep his services for a long, long time. I think he is going to do great in the Main Event and hopefully he can get that position sooner than later.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2008, 01:25:39 PM »
The only reason he hasn’t got to shine is because of some dreadful feuds, once he dropped the US title to Matt Hardy I thought that would see him move up but due to awful booking he seems to be getting de-pushed, but some wins over Hardy, Kennedy, or Umaga could really get him back on track but for the moment anyway the WWE seems to be overlooking MVP.
MVP has allot of potential, he is incredible on the mic and is improving allot in the ring, but he's still not ready for a main event push, he needs a larger move set and developed a better finisher, but he needs some fresh feuds and opponents to help him improve.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2008, 01:32:26 PM »
I actually think MVP is ready for the Main Event, or at least a little stint like Jeff Hardy got against Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble. He is great on the mic and in the ring but as you have stated hasn't been in too much lately. Hopefully the WWE can give him some good matches against Kennedy and Hardy as that could be incredibly entertaining. I think Kennedy vs. MVP would be epic.

Offline Zuccini

MVP...The Cost
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
Exactly but when are they gonna be finally gonna push him and give him the title shot? Id also like to see him as he would make a great heel WC but when will it happen?

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
Well he isn't going to be World Champion for a while so you're gonna have to wait for that day. As for a burst into the Main Event it could happen whenever. Hell it could happen this Friday on SmackDown yet no one knows. He's ready for it at any time tbh.

Offline Zuccini

MVP...The Cost
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
My best guess although its a while away is he will win the Money in the Bank match and cash it in, winning the title. It would keep him as a heel competitor and would surely make a good fued.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8214
My best guess although its a while away is he will win the Money in the Bank match and cash it in, winning the title. It would keep him as a heel competitor and would surely make a good fued.

That's actually a really good idea. It's a bit like what they did with CM Punk, they knew he had the potential to be there but rather than develop him up into one they did that and put him straight there. I am actually hoping they do that now. :)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8181
TBH i cant see what made this superstar so expensive. Sure he is good but the most expensive buy? Rip Off IMO.
I mean there are much better superstars in the WWE that should be worth much more than MVP.
Thoughts?

Um dude its a work. he really isn't payed more than anyone. his character basically is supposed to be like the T.O. of the WWE.  

as for MVP i think he is a great wrestler and phenomenal on the mic. i see after mania this coming year MVP will be in the world title picture.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
Yeah like Adam said, it's his gimmick lol.

I think ever since that Matt Hardy fued his momentum kinda stopped. Especially since he held the belt forever without defending it. I want to see him fued with Kennedy since the two have a bit of history and maybe jeff also.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2008, 03:54:10 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;8299
as for MVP i think he is a great wrestler and phenomenal on the mic. i see after mania this coming year MVP will be in the world title picture.

As Zuccini stated earlier I have a feeling he'll be walking out of WM as the holder of the Money in the Bank briefcase and wait a little bit, less than what CM Punk did, and become a World Champion. What I really want to see with the MITB is have someone win it earlier in the night at WM and then at the end bank it in and win the World Championship after the Main Event. I'd mark out insanely.

Offline Zuccini

MVP...The Cost
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2008, 03:56:05 PM »
He needs to skip the small superstars and step up to the bigger ones. Its the only way he will get the title around his waist TBH.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2008, 03:57:39 PM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8312
He needs to skip the small superstars and step up to the bigger ones. Its the only way he will get the title around his waist TBH.

No that wouldn't work. Bad things happen when wrestlers get pushed to fast. Also the last time I checked Umaga, Kennedy, Hardy were not small superstars.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
MVP...The Cost
« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2008, 04:00:28 PM »
Quote from: Skittles;8314
Also the last time I checked Umaga, Kennedy, Hardy were not small superstars.

Yeah I know where you are coming from but the man has yet to face any of them so basically you can't compare them to being small superstars. When he does then you're right, lol. Anyway, he should wait until after WM because pushing superstars too fast isn't a very good idea. It happened with Lashley and he got old quick. My next site of who will live up like him is Kofi Kingston. Pushed way to fast IMO. I don't want MVP to be like that.

Offline Zuccini

MVP...The Cost
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2008, 04:01:59 PM »
Well have to agree on that. But they aint in the main title race at the moment. I guess they need a fued to see who deserves to be pushed to World Championship picture.