Author Topic: US Division. The Potential  (Read 936 times)

Offline Zuccini

US Division. The Potential
« on: 18 July 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
The US Division has alot of potential but I dont see the WWE taking advantage of it at all.
Matt Hardy, Kennedy, Carlito, MVP, Morrison(currently tag champ), Shelton Benjamin, Miz(currently tag champ), Kozlov maybe Finlay and possibly Jeff Hardy.
Great superstars in that division right there. Think about all the different combinations of matches this division can create. Morrison vs mATT, Jeff v
Matt, Shelton vs Kennedy, Kennedy vs Matt, etc. Will we get good matches out of this? Hell no, I doubt it. Creative/Writers suck too damn much.'
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2008, 12:26:52 PM »
I think the US title has more prestige than the IC title at the moment, every time their has been a new IC champion it seems to just be a snap judgment their never seems to be any thought going behind it. But for a while now the US division has been booked very well, and has been getting allot stronger every since Benoit and MVP feuded over the belt, this two pretty much resurrected the US division, and since then it gone from strength to strength. And with the new additions of Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Kennedy, Umaga and Carlito I can only see the division getting better they have all the talent and allot of air time. I personally would like to see Shelton winning the belt, cause he has not held a title for along time and I think a Shelton and Matt feud would be incredible.  

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2008, 12:35:06 PM »
I totally agree with Booty in the way that the US Championship has more prestige than the Intercontiental Championship. The IC title could be incredibly awesome if they used the division to it's potential and actually put valid championship matches on at PPVs. The US Division has Jeff Hardy, Mr.Kennedy, MVP, Shelton Benjamin and possibly Umaga. I really hope the WWE do a Matt Hardy-Shelton Benjamin which forsees Shelton winning the belt and letting Matt go on for the ECW Championship. I think Shelton would do an awesome job as champion.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2008, 12:36:13 PM »
Agreed. Id like to see Benjamin in the contention as he the best hight flyer in my opinion

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
I Agree with booty. the US title has surpassed the IC title by far! usually the US title gets defended on wrestlemania but the last time the IC??title did was Wrestlemania 18! yeah 6 freaking years! should show what that title means now.

Okay now on to the original topic at hand.
Yes the US title has great potential. besides edge and triple h you could basically have anyone challenge for the US title and then anyone could be elevated from that division to the world title. you got some great wrestlers and on smackdown they do give there matches more time so i think we will be seeing some good matches. just last week shelton benjamin beat matt hardy CLEAN. i wanna see where this feud goes while we have MVP,Umaga,and kennedy in somewhat of a feud now. koslov bores me. finlay miz and morison are feuding for the tag straps and carlito hasn't yet re debuted yet. while the big show, BDV and great kahli aren't doing anything right now.

so yes a great division. i hope they can get over to the main event level with triple h there though.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Booty luv;7877
IBut for a while now the US division has been booked very well, and has been getting allot stronger every since Benoit and MVP feuded over the belt, this two pretty much resurrected the US division, and since then it gone from strength to strength.

That's debatable, throughout the most part of the Matt/MVP feud the belt took a back seat in the feud while the guy competed in stupid contests such as eating contests and basketball and what not. Even better, when it did get contested in a match there was more often that not some bullshit no finish.

When MVP got the belt it was great as he took it off a great wrestler, but the longer he held it, the less I gave a shit him and the belt as it became nothing more than a showpiece. I believe that it's even less credible than the IC belt, but would personally like to see either Carlito or Shelton take the belt off of Hardy as they're both in dire need of a direction.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2008, 03:20:13 AM »
I have a slight feeling that Matt will drop the title somewhere soon enough so he can go on for the ECW Championship. He is the only real contender on ECW that I'd like to see holding it. If Finlay got rid of Hornswoggle and went heel we could have a actually good ECW feud which has been begging since the end of Morrison-CM Punk. Shelton should get a go as champion as I think he could do a lot in the postion. I'd love to see Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2008, 06:39:20 AM »
Quote from: Zuccini;7868
The US Division has alot of potential but I dont see the WWE taking advantage of it at all.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Matt Hardy, Kennedy, Carlito, MVP, Morrison(currently tag champ), Shelton Benjamin, Miz(currently tag champ), Kozlov maybe Finlay and possibly Jeff Hardy.
Great superstars in that division right there.

[/COLOR]

Matt, Carlito, & shelton were used to their full potential, & then some. Jeff needs to stay clean before WWE will give him much of a push anywhere ever again. (Matt is praying he doesn't, b/c Matt needs him to either face or tag-w/ to be watchable in the company.)

Kennedy is better now where they can again edit his screwups, etc. MVP never had potential, & I'm not sure about Kozlov.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
Looking at the RAW roster, you really don't have that many contenders for the belt that have win the title I.C. title and make it credible. Rey can but unless they will do a face vs face fued, he can't go against Kofi. Paul London, Jamie Knoble, Val Venis, Satino, Charlie Haas are all jobbers. Chuck Pulumbo and Deuce are never on RAW. Hardcore Holly and Hacksaw are WAY past their prime. The only two people who left are Burchill and Cade.

The U.S title just has a stronger crop of wrestlers who can win the title and make it mean something.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2008, 07:51:42 AM »
That's just it; It's not about the Titles, but the possible contenders.

That being said, I honestly don't see the IC or US being any better than the other.

As I recall, my #1 complaint about the US when they first announced bringing it back was it appeared pointless, as most of the contenders (from a visual focus, anyway) appeared also to be right for the Cruiser belt.

Perhaps that is what kept it going thru long reigns by each person. Then, it went thru JBL, Lashley, etc., & I thought they would keep things exciting & interesting by having it change hands often.

W/the Cruiser belt seemingly retired, it'd be a great time to use the Cruisers of SD to go after the US belt... Unfortunately, they drafted many of them to other brands instead.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2008, 08:45:06 AM »
hey speaking of lashley, where did he disappear...

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2008, 08:46:34 AM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8074
hey speaking of lashley, where did he disappear...

Dude Lashley doesn't work for the wwe anymore lmao.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2008, 08:46:56 AM »
Lashley got out of his contract with the WWE. Can't remember why but I think it was because he didn't like the fakeness it in. Someone please correct me if I am wrong though. He was pushed too fast IMO and just started dying down. I also think he is now at UFC, again if I am wrong please correct me. ;)

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #13 on: 19 July 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
Well if its real Lashley wanted then UFC is the go for him. That shows as real as its gonna get IMO

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
From what I heard he got pumped in his first match which made me laugh. I reckon he made the worst decision of leaving. I wouldn't have cared if I didn't like how fake it was, the money was real.