Author Topic: Michael Hayes returns; JR Comments  (Read 738 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Michael Hayes returns; JR Comments
« on: 16 June 2008, 05:12:20 PM »
Source: JRsBarBQ.com

Jim Ross has updated his blog once again. Some highlights:

Michael Hayes Returning to Work: "Yours truly looks forward to seeing old friend Michael Hayes return to work with the WWE which I understand might be this Monday in Salt Lake City for the live Monday Night Raw. As reported on many websites over the past several weeks, Michael made a mistake and a terrible error in judgment that has cost him severely.

"Sitting home for 60 days without pay and being demoted and losing current and future income are appropriate and significant punishments. Michael

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
Everyone makes a racist or bigot type comment everyday. It is almost human nature, but Hayes took a bit to far by saying thoes things to people of color.. It was bad judgement and it happens and I think he certainly had a very comprable punishment for his actions.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
Racism is subjective. Unless you out and out call someone the N word, then it's often difficult to know whether someone will be offended nowadays.
Someone on another forum discussing this used the term, coloured, which someone else said was racist. At one time it was the accepted term, now it's not PC. Years ago people of mixed race would refer to themselves as half caste, now that's not acceptable.
Many people call themselves black, some people find it offensive, some want to be afro carribean, african american etc... the list goes on.

I'm not saying he wasn't out of order, but unless someone is standing there using the words to hurt and offend it's hard to know nowadays. Sometimes it's ok to joke with people, or along with people, other times it's not appropriate.

One day, colour will be irrelavant, not in my lifetime I know, but I hope as time goes on the discussion dies out and people can just get on with being people. To quote Michael Jackson, "I'm not going to live my life being a colour" ( He sure took that one to an extreme!)

Offline Pala!

« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2008, 06:32:13 PM »
Michael Hayes has been demoted from his Vice-President position in the WWE after the racial incident involving Mark Henry that got him suspended. He will not be eligible for stock grants or performances bonuses as a result of the demotion.

Also, in condition of his return, he has met with Mark Henry to

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2008, 12:01:29 AM »
For me hayes shouldn't be punished this bad. he did his suspension which i think he shouldn't got anyways. like so many people have said michael hayes doesn't really mean the stuff he says in a racist way its just how he is.

Like with me. if i say nigger all i mean is black person. nothing bad about being black or anything. i mean if someone says cracker i know it just means white person. or thats just how i look at it.

Offline Dale

« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2008, 12:08:19 AM »
And because of this incident, Mark Henry is now recieving a push on ECW :rolleyes:

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2008, 12:32:45 AM »
I actually don't deny that henry should get  push. of course i don't like him but he's been with the company long enough to at least have something to do.
i just don't think he should get paid as much as he does. and wouldn't mind of he wasn't in the WWE.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2008, 03:15:35 AM »
The thing that sucks most about this is Hayes can't drink during WWE related events..... THat should have been engouth punishment

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
Like with me. if i say nigger all i mean is black person. nothing bad about being black or anything. i mean if someone says cracker i know it just means white person. or thats just how i look at it.

Yeah but there is too much racisist boo boo behind that word for people (blacks inparticular) to assume that you mean black person. That would be like me calling someone gay but all I meant is that they are  happy. They are going to automatically assume that I called them a Homo because "gay" is the common term for it just like calling a black person a nigger is a commonly known as a  racial slur. Know what I mean?

Quote from: Mr.Cannon;498
The thing that sucks most about this is Hayes can't drink during WWE related events..... THat should have been engouth punishment

Yes that should have been enough. It's obivious that the guy was tipsy when he said it. I think all that other mess is unecessary to be honest. Who doesn't do or say dumb shit when they have alcholol in there system?
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Barz

« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
I can't stand racist terms...thats prolly the one thing that gets to me is racists. I come from a very multi-cultural background. I went to school and was friends with mostly blacks so I'd never say a racist comment. I've rarely dated inside my race, and I have respect for everyone's culture, race, ethnic background. Racist comments shouldn't be tolerated especially from someone in the position of Michael Hayes. I think he got what he deserved.

Offline lox

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: 24 June 2008, 03:32:52 PM »
Well i hope Michael learned his lesson to not even joke around with Racism. Hopefully this wont happen again with him.

Offline Ms H.B.K.

« Reply #11 on: 24 June 2008, 07:42:16 PM »
We'll just need to wait and see what happens. As I said before, it's all subjective and to be honest he could just be telling you the colour of his shoes one day and someone might hear it and call him racist. Or he may pull his head in and learn when it's appropriate and when to keep it to himself.