Author Topic: Official TNA Hard Justice 2008 Thread.  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Official TNA Hard Justice 2008 Thread.
« on: 17 July 2008, 03:10:05 PM »

Live From Trenton New Jersey
August 10th, 2008.

Card Will be updated as time goes along.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
                  SIX SIDES OF STEEL CAGE WEAPONS MATCH

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. Booker T

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle  

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
                  The Latin American Xchange vs. Beer Money

JERSEY STREET FIGHT
                  "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage & "The War Machine" Rhino vs. Team 3D

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
                  "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams  vs. Consequences Creed

BLACK TIE BRAWL N' CHAIN MATCH
                  "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

SIX-WOMAN KNOCKOUTS MATCH:
                    Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB vs. The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong

Sheik Abdul Bashir is supposed to be at this PPV.
Sting and Kevin Nash are both likely to be in this PPV.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2008, 02:17:49 AM »
Looks like Booker T Vs. Samoa Joe.  The match at Victory Road was a waste... I hate when they do stuff like that. (Not just TNA) I understand disqualification every now and then. But no contest for a championship match?

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2008, 02:09:16 PM »
Yeah. i would be okay with the ending if it was done better. but it just left you confused and waiting on something good to happen.

Hopefully this match at hard justice will make up for it.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2008, 09:29:32 PM »
SPOILERS - Scroll over the text below to find out.

The Samoa Joe/Booker T return match at Hard Justice will take place in a Steel Cage match. Catch is, weapons will be inside the six sides of steel too. (Y)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 1 August 2008, 05:47:27 PM »
I have updated the card and so far we got what looks to be 6 good matches.
The only problem is they went a little gimmick crazy on some of them.

Lethal vs dutt is understandable.i just wouldn't have made it a chain match.
AJ vs Angle is understandable.
but i would rather just see Booker vs Joe in a regular match.
Also the same pretty much goes for team 3D vs Cage and Rhino. but either way they should all be good.

Also be on the look out for a 8 woman tag. it may be added to the PPV.
And i would say matt morgan vs Tomko but as we know Tomko is done with TNA so i guess now we might just have 7 matches or maybe have the prince justice brother hood take on The Rock N Rave Infection and johnny devine.

Sadly this leaves out the MCMG but hopefully they'll be involved in something.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #5 on: 1 August 2008, 09:59:37 PM »
It looks like Hard Justice is going to be good. I might just have to watch it. I agree with Adam that I would have rather seen Joe vs Booker in a Regular match, but that's just because I've never been a fan of the six sides of steel. The storyline with sting surrounding the match is suprisingly being done well.

Kurt Angle vs. Styles should be a good one. I'm sure those two are going to tear the house down.

If there is an eight woman tag match, I really hope the heels do win. I'm so tired of Taylor Wilde being put over it's not even funny.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 1 August 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
The only thing im intrested in seeing is Creed take the X-Division title from Williams. Other than that its all happened before. Plus no MCMG.

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #7 on: 5 August 2008, 10:09:37 AM »

Well the match at Victory Road had potential to be great but the ending down right screwed over the fans and killed the crowd and match. Hopefully they can do this one well because the fued has been worked decently, not well, but decently and it could end up being a great match.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

One of the only matches I want to see on this card. Not only because Angle & AJ had an amazing match at Victory Road but because I want to see AJ win, if he doesn't then I feel like TNA has completely buried one of there best talents for a former WWE star. Now the match will be amazing either way but AJ NEEDS to win this one.

Only thing that interests me here is the possibility of seeing Beer Money take the titles. They have been great thus far and Rhoode has improved so much on the mic. The way I see it they had LAX go over in Homocides home town so why not let Beer Money get the run. To me LAX = Cryme Tyme and they need to go back to the old style they had before Hector & Salinas

JERSEY STREET FIGHT

Anyone else besides me find it ****ed up that there is a match on a TNA PPV with 4 former WWE guys? Could be a good match but lets face it 3D isn't what they use to be and CC & Rhyno aren't that good either.

Let's go Lil' Steiner ... yeah like that's going to happen. My money is on Creed to win this but you never know with TNA. Should be good but not the way I want to see Creed on the PPV, in fact I don't want him on the PPV at all to be honest.

Now this is another reason I would want the PPV, the fued is built well minus the whole ring crap. And these two have to potential to put on an amazing match but they need to come ready to do that and at Victory Road it didn't look like they really did that.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 5 August 2008, 10:33:04 AM »
Quote from: Adampro123;7534

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

JERSEY STREET FIGHT

This is looking a very solid PPV and I've got high hopes of this being one of the top TNA PPVs of the year which should be difficult since it follows on from LockDown, Slammiversary and Victory Road which were all amazing.

I fancy Joe going over Booker and Sting showing up after the match inside the cage for a confrontation with Joe. Styles/Angle promises to be another classic I just hope Styles wins and we dont get the usual Frank Trigg interference. LAX/Beer Money could go either way but I think LAX are being pushed very big at the moment so it makes more sence for them to win. The street fight between Cage/Rhino and 3D will be great. All 4 can deliver in a No-Rules type contest and I predict one of the Dudleyz to taste wood. Petey/Creed should be probably very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Petey retained but I do think this is Creed's time to showcase what he really has, I'm rooting for him. Lethal/Dutt continues to be a good feud over VAL although we have seen it all before. I expect them to deliver another good match.

Offline Pala!

« Reply #9 on: 5 August 2008, 10:39:04 AM »

This match has the potential to be great if done right. This match should be a still 20 - 25 minute brawl, with a proper f'n ending because that shit they pulled at Victory Road was crap. Samoa Joe should go over here also. The weapons make this match interesting lets see what they can do with it.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

This is the match that I will be watching this PPV for along with others but 99% of my mind is set on this match, it should deliver. Hopefully its given 25 minutes +. I would like to see AJ go over here, but we will have to see. Should be a ****+ match if given the right time and booking.

Not a fan of Robert Roode but I do like Beer Money, not sure if they can pull out a great match, so I'm not expecting so much. LAX are great and I heard they might be splitting (PLEASE DON'T) so it wouldn't surprise me if Beer Money take the gold. Should be a "good" match though.

JERSEY STREET FIGHT

This could be a good match, if done right. Rhino and Team 3D can't really go anymore but Christian can. Although in a Street Fight all these can pull off a good to great match IMO. It shouldn't go any longer than 15 - 20 minutes though.

"Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. Consequences Creed

This is another match that could be ****+ IMO. Hopefully they get time to go out there and show what they can do. I can see Creed taking the gold although I would like Williams to hold it until next month. I really don't mind who goes over here though.

Black Tie Brawl N' Chain match? That sounds stupid. I didn't see when this is announced so I'm not sure what it is and it sounds like a stupid Russo gimmick match. If its not too bad of a gimmick match, this match could be great. Hopefully they get time and show what they can do because these can pull off a show stealing match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 5 August 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
Pala

Black Tie Brawl N' Chain match? That sounds stupid. I didn't see when this is announced so I'm not sure what it is and it sounds like a stupid Russo gimmick match. If its not too bad of a gimmick match, this match could be great. Hopefully they get time and show what they can do because these can pull off a show stealing match.

To my knowledge the black tie brawl n chain match is basically just a chain match. i don't know if it will be tied around there neck or wrist or what but that is what it is basically.

EclipseXcel

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

One of the only matches I want to see on this card. Not only because Angle & AJ had an amazing match at Victory Road but because I want to see AJ win, if he doesn't then I feel like TNA has completely buried one of there best talents for a former WWE star. Now the match will be amazing either way but AJ NEEDS to win this one.
I Really don't see how you think AJ has been buried. he has cleanly won over angle at Slamiversary. and the only times he ever loses to angle its because of frank trig and AJ still looks very strong in there matches.

And they can't have AJ coming out on top every week if he is going to win at the PPV.it just doesn't work like that. usually if someone comes out on top on a weekly show the other guy ends up going over in the long run and winning at there PPV match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2008, 08:45:26 AM »
Prediction Time!

Well i would like to say joe is going to win and overall i am going to go with Joe but this one is really hard to pick with there more than likely will be outside interference from both sting and kevin nash. which i wish would wait until after the match because i hate run ins in PPV matches. save those ofr your TV matches. but hopefully they will wait till after the match to do any angles with sting and nash and i am going to go with joe but im not too sure about this.

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

This will probably be the match of the night and maybe even a MOTY candidate for TNA. lately we have been seeing angle getting screwjob wins over AJ with the help pf frank trig so we will probably seeAJ go over angle in this to finally end this great feud.

I am thinking we will see beer money take the tag team titles here. TNA seems to be pushing them a lot lately and if LAX is planed to break up they gotta drop the belts sometime. but really this could go either way and this should be a good match.

JERSEY STREET FIGHT

This one is really up in the air for me.i think we will see Johnny Devine come down and try to take out cage and rhino and then we may see abyss come down and even out the odds since that is basically what he has been doing as of late. i really don't know who to pick in this but im going to take cage and rhino for the win.

I am not a big creed fan but since they don't seem to be doing anything with petey even though he is x division champ i think they will give the x division title to Creed.which is a good thing because the x division title will probably be showcased more if creed wins.

This could either be really stupid or a good match. if they have them in the suits and shit it will be stupid and probably won't be a good match. if it is just a chain match then i think it should be good. i expect this feud to end with this match and so i think the face Jay Lethal will get the win from sonjay.

SIX-WOMAN KNOCKOUTS MATCH:
                    Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB vs. The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong

I think Kong and the beautiful people will get the win with taylor jobbing which will lead to ODB and Gail getting pissed at her or something and then maybe we will see some kind of fatal 4 way with those 3 and awesome kong at no surrender.

Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
Beer Money
Cage & Rhino
Consequences Creed
Jay Lethal
Awesome Kong and The Beautiful People

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2008, 12:24:58 PM »
Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
LAX
Cage & Rhino
Petey Williams
Jay Lethal
Gail Kim, ODB, Taylor Wilde

Offline Big Texy Cool

• Formerly Known as Tex
  • <3 Velvet Sky
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE, ROH
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): CM Punk, Austin Aries, Dolph Ziggler, Motor City Machine Guns, Kings of Wrestling
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2008, 08:11:05 AM »
Official Results are
Petey Williams
def. Consequences Creed to retain the X-Division Title
Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB def The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong
Beer Money def. LAX New Champions
Jay Lethal def. Sonjay Dutt
Cage & Rhino def. Team 3D
AJ Styles def. Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe def. Booker T to retain the World Title

Ok, I'm going to start off by saying that Sonjay vs Jay was EXTREMELY disappointing given the way the fued was teased, not just this match but there last one as well. But still the match here was probably the worst on the card.

AJ vs Kurt was the best match of the night and even a MOTY candidate in my book. Now, the match was NOT a Last Man Standing match it was actually wrestled as a Texas Death Match. Which is a match where the wrestlers must be pinned or forced to submit before they start a 10 Count. With that said they still did the match well and it ended very well. Then the post match thing with Sting was down right great as it gets an AJ vs Sting fued going and these two should be able to pull off some great matches.

As for the Main Event it was a little lack luster but given the time they were given it was a good match, the ending was good tho. For those who didn't see it they turned out the lights teasing a Sting run in but instead when they came on Joe had a guitar in his hand. So looks like we might have Booker vs Jarret very soon.

Counting All The Assholes In The Room
Well I'm Definatly Not Alone; Well I'm Not Alone
You're A Liar; You're A Cheater; You're A Fool
Well That's Just Me
YOOHOO
And I Know You Too

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #14 on: 11 August 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
Quote from: EclipseXcel;12370
Official Results are
Petey Williams
def. Consequences Creed to retain the X-Division Title
Taylor Wilde, Gail Kim & ODB def The Beautiful People & Awesome Kong
Beer Money def. LAX New Champions
Jay Lethal def. Sonjay Dutt
Cage & Rhino def. Team 3D
AJ Styles def. Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe def. Booker T to retain the World Title

Ok, I'm going to start off by saying that Sonjay vs Jay was EXTREMELY disappointing given the way the fued was teased, not just this match but there last one as well. But still the match here was probably the worst on the card.

AJ vs Kurt was the best match of the night and even a MOTY candidate in my book. Now, the match was NOT a Last Man Standing match it was actually wrestled as a Texas Death Match. Which is a match where the wrestlers must be pinned or forced to submit before they start a 10 Count. With that said they still did the match well and it ended very well. Then the post match thing with Sting was down right great as it gets an AJ vs Sting fued going and these two should be able to pull off some great matches.

As for the Main Event it was a little lack luster but given the time they were given it was a good match, the ending was good tho. For those who didn't see it they turned out the lights teasing a Sting run in but instead when they came on Joe had a guitar in his hand. So looks like we might have Booker vs Jarret very soon.

Wow. That was a nice swerve by Joe using a guitar. But still what does this mean for the whole bat situation. Was it Sting sending down the bats or not?

It's not suprise that Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles went well as I predicted that it was going to go that way.

I'm actually suprised at Petey retaining the X-division, but I think he's either going to drop it some type of rematch on IMPACT or at the Next PPV to creed in some type of gimmick match.

Yet the Face knockouts go over the Heel knockouts yet again. :sneaky2:
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.