Author Topic: SmackDown SPOILERS (July 18, 2008)  (Read 695 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
SmackDown SPOILERS (July 18, 2008)
« on: 16 July 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
Dark Match:

Ron Killings beat Domino pretty easily.

SmackDown:

We found out that Edge and Vickie Guerrero were married earlier in the day. They show clips of the ceremony. We find out that tonight's show will be the reception for the two of them. Chavo raises a toast to his new uncle-in-law. Then it was time for the first match.

Kurt Hawkins and Zack Ryder beat Finlay & Hornswoggle when Edge, who was the guest ref, hit the spear on Finlay. Ryder made the pin.

As Edge and Vickie were having their first dance, Big Show came out to cut the rug with the new Mrs. Edge. The irate power couple booked Show to take on the team of MVP, Shelton Benjamin, The Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov. Show was in control early until all four guys got DQ'd for attacking him.

Vickie Guerrero tossed her bouquet to a group of WWE divas. Before she could do so, Michelle McCool got into it with Natalya. Cherry caught the bouquet.

Natalya Neidhart pretty much destroyed Cherry.

Umaga beat Ken Kennedy with the Samoan Spike.

Brian Kendrick beat the returning Jimmy Wang Yang.

John Morrison and The Miz beat Jesse and Festus.

Vickie ordered that Matt Hardy take on Jeff Hardy. The Hardys rammed wedding cake in Chavo's face. This went to a no decision when La Familia hit the ring.

The final TV segment showed Edge professing his love for Vickie. HHH then came out to give the couple his gift. He showed a video of Edge trying to get it on with the wedding planner. Vickie went nuts on Edge as the show ended.

Post Smackdown:

After video clip of the man in action, Ric Flair came out and gave an amazing farewell speech to the fans in Charlotte. It's a shame it won't air on TV. It also makes no sense that they didn't have him on TV to push his DVD. Charlotte loves Flair.

Dark Match:

HHH beat Edge when Vickie came out and speared her philandering husband.

Vickie in a match. LMAO !!! That segment sounds fun, No build up for the diva title match thought, but I get the feeling that Vickie will infiltrate her self in the Divas match and become the Divas champion!

Offline Dale

« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2008, 05:02:01 PM »
The bits im most interested in are pretty much nothing to do the wedding believe it or not.

Umaga beating Kennedy = Good
Morrison & Miz facing a team other than Team Joke = Good
Kendrick beating Wang = Interesting. Wonder if the bodyguard was around.

Then i'll just catch the package where HHH shows Edge cheating.

Offline Dale

« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2008, 05:05:19 PM »
Dark Match:
* Ron Killings b. Domino
Ron Killings gets the win via pinfall after a reverse suplex.

WWE SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* SmackDown opens showing clips of Edge & Vickie's wedding earlier today. Tonight will be the reception. Chavo comes out for a toast. Edge calls for action. Finlay and Hornswoggle come out.

* Kurt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b. Finlay & Hornswoggle
Edge is the guest referee in this match. He interferes by spearing Finlay allowing Ryder to get the pin for the win.

* Edge & Vickie have their first dance. It is interrupted by Big Show who comes out to steal a dance. This leads to Big Show vs. MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, and The Great Khali in a 4 on 1 match.

* Big Show vs. MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Vladimir Kozlov, and The Great Khali in a 4 on 1 match
Big Show dominates early on. Everyone jumps in and attacks. The match ends in No Contest.

* Vickie Guerrero is in the ring to throw the bouquet. I'm told she is drawing so much heat you can hardly hear what she is saying. Several of the divas come out in gowns. Michelle McCool attacks Natalya. Cherry catches the bouquet and wins a match against Vickie.

* Natalya Neidhart b. Cherry
I'm told Natalya dominated the entire match and got the win with the sharpshooter. Vickie then comes in the ring and simply pins Cherry to win her match against her.

* Brian Kendrick b. Jimmy Wang Yang
I'm told Kendrick came out with an all new look and was accompanied with the big black body guard that we reported on last week. He got the win via pinfall.

* Umaga b. Mr. Kennedy
Umaga got the win with a Samoan spike after blocking Kennedy's mic check. I'm told by both correspondents this was the most boring match of the evening.

* Edge is shown in the new Slim Jim commercial.  

* John Morrison & The Miz b. Jesse & Festus
The Miz got the win with reality check on Jesse.

* Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy
This match is ordered by Vickie Guerrero. Before the match they throw the wedding cake in Chavo's face. The match ends in no contest when La Familia come out and interfere.

* The Cutting Edge is up next. Edge tells Vickie how much he loves her while a video clip is shown of them all over each other. Triple H makes his way out to ringside with a gift. Triple H shows a video of Edge putting the moves on the wedding planner. Vickie snaps and the show goes off the air.

Tad bit more in depth. I've seen what the bodyguard looks like for Kendrick, but pretty interested in seeing his new look.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;7403
Umaga beating Kennedy = Good

(N)

Kennedy is getting jobbed again. This is becoming a joke. How is he supposed to get anywhere when it's win one week, loss the next.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2008, 07:54:55 PM »
Quote from: The Franchise;7417
(N)

Kennedy is getting jobbed again. This is becoming a joke. How is he supposed to get anywhere when it's win one week, loss the next.

I kind of have a feeling they've given up on him after he dropped the ball when he got suspended during the Mcmahon's son storyline.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2008, 11:07:42 AM »
like the gimmick
although i expected someone to try and stop the wedding

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
Looks like a half decent card. I wish Matt and Jeff Hardy actually went at it but in a face like manner. It'd be awesome to see them battle again. Anyway also good to see Shelton getting a what seems to be a push as being with MVP and two monsters does indicate it and the winner over Matt Hardy the previous week.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2008, 05:16:11 PM »
Quote from: J2M;7597
Anyway also good to see Shelton getting a what seems to be a push as being with MVP and two monsters does indicate it and the winner over Matt Hardy the previous week.

Or they had nothing for every single on of them so juts bunged them together for the sake of getting them on TV.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2008, 05:20:04 PM »
Quote from: Mick Clique;7599
Or they had nothing for every single on of them so juts bunged them together for the sake of getting them on TV.

True. But some refer to Shelton not being such a good superstar and it's a tad different to see him with those likes. If you saw Brian Kendrick in that match I guarantee everyone would think he's being pushed.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
agreed J2M. Shelton Benjamin was such a good competitor and still is. His mother coming onto the show absolutley ruined his run towards getting pushed. Worst gimmick ever

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2008, 03:35:49 PM »
Well i don't read the spoilers like you losers i actually watch the show :p
lol.

I really really liked smackdown this week, everything about it i found enjoyable. Kennedy is WAY Over. and even though he lost to umaga i don't think that was about putting kennedy down. i don't think that will hurt him. nice to see jimmy yang back too. and great to see kendrick with a new style and such. all and all great smackdown.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2008, 03:42:26 PM »
As I hear, it was a incredible change around from the previous week. I haven't watched it as of yet but will try and watch it tomorrow if possible. I am intrigued to see what went on with the whole wedding also.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2008, 05:03:59 AM »
I watched SD! Last night and enjoyed it. I thought there was going to be an actual wedding but it was just a reception. There was some good matches and the whole thing with Triple h revealing the secret tape was funny. Also my girl looked FIONE in that black dress during the bouquet toss.<3
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2008, 06:15:08 AM »
I just watched Smackdown. Very solid show in my honest opinion. I couldn't stop laughing when Triple H came out and showed the footage. It was just hilarious. Also seeing Vickie win a match was pretty funny too. Natalya looked so damn hot as well. Good show overall. By the way, who else thinks that Mr.Kennedy is incredibly over? Even his loss to Umaga didn't hurt him, he is over like crazy tbh.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2008, 06:21:46 AM »
Quote from: J2M;8615
I just watched Smackdown. Very solid show in my honest opinion. I couldn't stop laughing when Triple H came out and showed the footage. It was just hilarious. Also seeing Vickie win a match was pretty funny too. Natalya looked so damn hot as well. Good show overall. By the way, who else thinks that Mr.Kennedy is incredibly over? Even his loss to Umaga didn't hurt him, he is over like crazy tbh.

I find SD is always solid. People just always read the spoilers before they watch SD and then get disappointed when they don't see something that they don't already expect when they watch it. SD has gone through some transformations but I find they've always been about the wrestling, more so than the interviews. They have good talent and good feuds and the best heels in the business.

The future looks good for SD and this one was a good one.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.