Author Topic: Former WWE "International Superstar" signs with TNA  (Read 372 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Former WWE "International Superstar" signs with TNA
« on: 15 July 2008, 06:27:24 PM »
Quote from: WZ
Former WWE star, Daivari, has signed a contract with TNA. Jeremy Borash confirmed this during an interview over the weekend.

I believe I read somewhere before that he was thinking of signing there.

Oh well, Davairi's a good heat magnet and he can wrestle, he should fit in well in TNA. Hopefully they use him properly like they did in WWE when he first got there, before it went downhill.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2008, 08:02:53 PM »
i figured davari had signed with TNA i think he and doug williams both did out of team intl. i was hoping alex koslov would get signed. he was the best out of team intl. and would be a great x division heel.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
Not a big fan of Daivari at all but I'll give him the time and opportunity to prove me wrong.

Offline repo-man

• Why so Serious?
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2008, 01:43:42 AM »
It was only the other day I was wondering what happened to him, He has a ton of potential and could go far !

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2008, 01:46:13 AM »
didnt really like him although goodluck to him. he has potential to go very far

Offline firewall316

« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2008, 01:47:18 AM »
I never really liked him either. And wasnt impressed with either of his matches in World X Cup. Just when I decide to give TNA another chance.. now I gotta see Davari again.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2008, 03:42:34 AM »
Quote from: WZ
On the most recent edition of TNA Impact, Mike Tenay put over the new gimmick that former WWE superstar Shawn Daivari will be working under. Tenay said Daivari will now be referred to as Sheik Abdul Bashir. Although his name is different, this is a repeat case of TNA simply repackaging Daivari's WWE gimmick. He will be portrayed as a man who has come to TNA looking to pursue the American dream, but due to the American people he has been stereotyped as a terrorist.

Very original TNA  8-)

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2008, 06:47:09 AM »
Well that really wasn't his gimmick in WWE it was Muhammad hassans. he was just always the manager. but this is stupidddddd. not a stupid gimmick but for him to be on team intl a few weeks earlier and now all of a sudden he has a name change? it would be okay with me if they gave a good reason but this is just as bad...no this is worse than the way WWE changed matt sydal to evan bourne.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2008, 02:38:29 PM »
I'll agree with Adam that this is a stupid decision but because I don't really care about him they can do what they want as far as I'm concerned, though it's only going to hurt them but not using him to his full potential. (whatever that may be)

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2008, 08:16:09 PM »
TNA gives somone another awesome gimmick... Hell why don't they rip iff The Iron Shiek and call Davari The Steel Shiek... I mean it would go along the lines of Jay Lethal's gimmick and Shark Boys... I mean why not after all it is TNA

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!