Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 17th April 2017  (Read 461 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 17th April 2017
« on: 17 April 2017, 09:29:56 PM »
Quote from: WWE.com
As if savagely and repeatedly mauling Roman Reigns wasn’t enough last week, Braun Strowman put a punctuation mark on the unimaginable punishment by using his near-superhuman strength to tip over an ambulance as The Big Dog was strapped to a gurney inside it.

While Reigns recovers from multiple injuries, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle still has a monster on his hands. Can Strowman’s ferocity be contained?

After wandering his way through the crowd in Long Island’s Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum last Monday night, NXT’s Elias Samson wound up on the entrance ramp as Raw Tag Team Champions The Hardy Boyz entered the ring for the night’s Eight-Man Tag Team Match. The mysterious musician left soon after, leaving many to wonder why The Drifter had, well, drifted to Raw.

Following that unusual appearance, it’s clear that Samson has some interest in Team Red. Keep your eyes peeled for The Drifter tonight as Raw emanates from Columbus, Ohio.

There were some major shifts in the Raw Women’s division last Monday night as Alexa Bliss and Mickie James joined the Team Red roster, but it was Nia Jax who ruled the night, first defeating former Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and then laying waste to another former champion, Sasha Banks, and its current bearer, Bayley.

As the fan-favorite titleholder writhed in agony on the mat following a ring-shaking Samoan drop, Jax proclaimed, “This championship is mine, Bayley!” Will that statement become a reality sooner than later?

The Superstar Shake-up brought a varied assortment of SmackDown LIVE Superstars to Raw, including Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Curt Hawkins, Apollo Crews, Kalisto and the team of Heath Slater & Rhyno.

This sudden influx of new competitors has created exciting new possibilities for Team Red as former SmackDown LIVE Superstars aim to make their mark on Monday night’s hottest show. Who will dominate this week? Stay tuned.

Moments after Raw General Manager Kurt Angle affirmed that Seth Rollins is on Raw to stay, Samoa Joe ambushed The Kingslayer to finish the job he started on Rollins’ knee several weeks ago. However, Rollins was ready, nailing The Destroyer with two swift kicks that sent Joe into retreat.

Clearly, we haven’t seen the last collision between these heated rivals, and if they cross paths tonight, fists and feet will fly.

Don’t miss Raw tonight!
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 17th April 2017
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
Although it is a rare occurrence (which is a good thing anyway), I always love seeing the Superplex ring implosion. I believe it is the third time in total, with every time involving Big Show as the one being Superplexed, his previous opponents being Brock Lesnar on SmackDown in 2003 and Mark Henry at Vengeance 2011.

It is an interesting twist to see Braun Strowman get up from it this time around.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.