Linked Events

• WWE Backlash: 11 September 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Backlash 2016 Discussion  (Read 648 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Backlash 2016 Discussion
« on: 7 September 2016, 04:59:36 PM »
WWE Backlash 2016

Sunday, 21st August 2016

WWE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. AJ Styles

SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - SIX-PACK CHALLENGE

Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch vs. Carmella vs. Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya

SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - TOURNAMENT FINAL

(Winner of The Usos vs. Hype Bros) vs. Rhyno & Heath Slater

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

SECOND CHANCE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL
"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey vs. "Hype Bros" Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WATCH THE BACKLASH KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 07:16:28 AM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Backlash 2016 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2016, 09:32:54 AM »
With SmackDown's Commissioner Shane McMahon and General Manager Daniel Bryan making their way to the ring to kick things off, read on to find out what happened at the SmackDown-exclusive Pay-Per-View.

A very enjoyable Six-Pack Challenge with some great moments, and it was fantastic to see Becky Lynch get the victory to be crowned SmackDown Women's Champion.

I thought it could be a victory for The Usos so that people would be most likely to choose the side of Rhyno and Heath Slater later on, rather than the potential of being split between teams if Hype Bros got the win, plus the fact that the the team of Heath Slater and Rhyno had already defeated them on SmackDown anyway.

The Usos did indeed get the win against Hype Bros with a submission, which surprised me but fits in well with their new demeanour due to it being preceded by the same move that led to Chad Gable being taken out on SmackDown.

I had predicted Dolph Ziggler to win the Intercontinental Championship match against The Miz, but The Miz retaining to continue to build on his momentum, regardless of the way it happened, was the right decision and perhaps might mean a rematch for Ziggler at No Mercy.

I do recall seeing suggestions that Randy Orton wasn't actually cleared to compete, and wondered how they would handle it, so the backstage attack and later official forfeit makes sense. It also made sense that there had to be a match to compensate for it, so Kane taking that place and facing Bray Wyatt in a No Holds Barred match was a good replacement I think.

I would have thought however that him not being cleared would have meant that he wouldn't even be able to interfere to give an RKO like he did, but perhaps that was small enough for the doctors to allow to happen.

Very happy to see Heath Slater and Rhyno win the tournament, and thus be crowned SmackDown Tag Team Champions along with Slater getting a SmackDown contract. I still think it will be revealed at some point in the future that Slaters wife and kids were actors and actresses hired by him, and thus lead to a feud with Rhyno, but if that scenario does happen, then it remains to be seen how soon it will be.

AJ Styles is the WWE World Champion. I'll say it again: AJ Styles is the WWE World Champion. If it was suggested in 2006 (when Styles was still in TNA) that AJ Styles would be the WWE World Champion in 2016, I don't know if anyone would have taken it seriously, but it has happened and I love that regardless of the fact that a low blow led to the Styles Clash that gained him the victory.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2016, 09:21:30 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.