Linked Events

• WWE SummerSlam: 21 August 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2016 Discussion  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2016 Discussion
« on: 17 August 2016, 10:02:57 PM »
WWE SummerSlam 2016

Sunday, 21st August 2016

WWE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

"The New Day" Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods (c) vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Rusev (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Becky Lynch, Carmella & Naomi vs. Natalya & Alexa Bliss

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews

Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. "Jeri-KO" Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Sami Zayn & Neville vs. "The Dudley Boyz" Bubba Ray & D-Von

"The Usos" Jimmy & Jey, "Hype Bros" Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder and "American Alpha" Chad Gable & Jason Jordan vs. "Breezango" Fandango & Tyler Breeze, "The Ascension" Konnor & Viktor and "The Vaudevillains" Aiden English & Simon Gotch

WATCH THE SUMMERSLAM KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 07:18:27 AM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2016 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2016, 11:46:01 AM »
The 2016 WWE SummerSlam Pay-Per-View starts with a video hyping the matches to take place later on in the night, followed by Enzo Amore and Big Cass...

An enjoyable tag team match, I look forward to more from Jeri-KO, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there is still more to come between them and Enzo and Cass.

I was expecting Sasha Banks to retain her title, so it was very much a surprise to see Charlotte pin her in a counter to the Crossface. I'm sure that this isn't the last we have seen between the two however, and that there will be another rematch between the two in the near future.

A good showing from Crews, but a result that makes sense with The Miz capitalising on a mistake to get the victory and retain his title.

Great to see AJ Styles get the victory over John Cena once again, this time in a one-on-one match that stayed one and thus doesn't have an asterisk beside it to say that it was with the aid of interference.

I was expecting Gallows and Anderson to defeat The New Day to become the new WWE Tag Team Champions, so it was interesting to see it end up with a victory via DQ, thus depriving them of the titles, with the re-emergence of Big E. Clearly there is much more to come between these two teams yet.

I was hoping for a win for Ziggler, but the match was an enjoyable one nevertheless and hopefully Ziggler will get another chance in the near future.

Unlike with Roman Reigns' suspension, evidently it was decided to continue Eva Marie's storyline despite her suspension and claim her absence as being for another reason, so instead she was replaced with Nikki Bella who was cleared to return from injury and whom won the match for her team as a result.

Very happy to see Finn Bálor become the new and first WWE Universal Champion, and his entrance as "The Demon King" was as enjoyable as always, but like I said in the *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 15th August 2016, I still think the first time should have been saved until this SummerSlam match.

I would have preferred Rusev making Roman Reigns tap out in their scheduled match, but him retaining his title due to a lack of a match is acceptable enough for me I guess, given my lack of interest in Reigns being his opponent. Unfortunately the manner in which it resulted shows that there is more to come between the two and thus there will be at least one match between the two in the near future (most likely for the United States Championship). This beat-down only served to make Reigns look strong and Rusev to look weaker.

Brock Lesnar winning the match as a result of a TKO and causing Randy Orton to bleed was certainly an outcome I wasn't expecting to see, particularly given how severe the bleeding appeared to be and the WWE's usual target of being PG. I can only assume that this is to give more of a build to a rematch between the two in future, possibly at Survivor Series.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2016, 01:48:41 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.