Linked Events

• WWE Fastlane: 21 February 2016

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Fastlane 2016 Discussion  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Fastlane 2016 Discussion
« on: 16 February 2016, 08:52:06 AM »
WWE Fastlane 2016

Sunday, 24th January 2016

WINNER TO FACE TRIPLE H AT WRESTLEMANIA - TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Charlotte (c) vs. Brie Bella

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Kevin Owens (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Becky Lynch & Sasha Banks vs. Naomi & Tamina

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Ryback, Big Show & Kane vs. "The Wyatt Family" Braun Strowman, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - 2-OUT-OF-3 FALLS MATCH - KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

Kalisto (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio

WATCH THE FASTLANE KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)
« Last Edit: 21 February 2016, 11:33:40 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Fastlane 2016 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2016, 04:20:17 AM »
The 2016 WWE Fastlane Pay-Per-View starts with a video hyping the Triple Threat match...

I have to admit that I was surprised that Kalisto retained the United States Championship, as I thought that they would give it back to Alberto Del Rio so that Kalisto is only focused on tag team matches now that Sin Cara is back from injury.

Very enjoyable tag team match between the team of Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch and Team B.A.D.

A great Intercontinental Championship match between Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler too.

I had very little interest in the match between The Wyatt Family and the team of Ryback, The Big Show and Kane, but I did think there was going to be a heel turn from Show for a second there. I'm also obviously hoping that the rumours of Strowman facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania aren't true.

The match between Brie Bella and Charlotte for the Divas Championship didn't go how I expected since Charlotte retained her title, but the match still seemed to be missing something. I think it really didn't help that the announcers kept emphasising that many of the moves she made were usually used by her husband Daniel Bryan or sister Nikki, giving the impression that she's not doing anything unique.

Sadly the Cutting Edge Peep Show segment didn't really work as well as I'd anticipated, so I can't help but wonder if it would have been better to have that on the Kickoff (Pre-Show) instead of taking up time from the main PPV.

Another awesome match from AJ Styles and Chris Jericho.

Curtis Axel facing R-Truth, while good at building up the Social Outcasts more, seemed odd as it was an unnannounced match that made it on the main PPV, yet the United States Championship match was advertised (and indeed happened on) the Kickoff (Pre-Show) the whole time - if there was time on the main card, why wasn't this match switched with it?

Good PPV overall, but I was of course hoping that we'd be surprised by Dean Ambrose getting the win instead. I'm really not looking forward to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at WrestleMania, but maybe there's a chance that things can be made more interesting between now and then, and it's obviously not as if there won't be other matches happening that night too.

I get the point of it, but it still seemed odd to see the Royal Rumble "WrestleMania sign pointing as pyro goes off" bit at Fastlane.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2016, 05:43:05 AM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.