Linked Events

• WWE WrestleMania 31: 29 March 2015

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 31 Discussion  (Read 973 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 31 Discussion
« on: 24 February 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
WWE WrestleMania 31

Sunday, 29th March 2015

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Sting vs. Triple H

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Rusev (c) vs. John Cena

AJ Lee & Paige vs. "The Bella Twins" Nikki & Brie Bella

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - LADDER MATCH

Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW):

ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

Confirmed Participants:
  • Adam Rose
  • The Big Show
  • Curtis Axel
  • Damien Mizdow
  • Darren Young
  • Erick Rowan
  • Fandango
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Hideo Itami
  • Jack Swagger
  • Kane
  • Konnor
  • Mark Henry
  • The Miz
  • Ryback
  • Sin Cara
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Viktor
  • Zack Ryder

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - FATAL 4-WAY TAG TEAM MATCH

Tyson Kidd & Cesaro (c) vs. "The New Day" Big E & Kofi Kingston vs. "Los Matadores" Diego & Fernando vs. "The Usos" Jimmy & Jey Uso
« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 04:26:57 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE WrestleMania 31 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2015, 12:46:19 PM »
Matches have been updated with the newest announced participants, as well as new matches added.

We knew it was coming, but with The Undertaker's acceptance, his match with Bray Wyatt is now official.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2015, 08:54:58 PM »
Matches updated and added.

I would have preferred for Daniel Bryan to be involved in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match rather than the Intercontinental Championship Ladder match. As he hasn't had the title shot that he deserves due to giving up his title when injured, it would be perfect for him to get it at WrestleMania and win to make it two years in a row.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 06:36:34 PM »
Matches updated and added once again.

I'd still prefer for Daniel Bryan to be involved in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match, but as that still looks unlikely given he will still be in the Intercontinental Championship Ladder match instead, my hope is that if Roman Reigns does have to beat Brock Lesnar (despite my preference to the contrary), it will result in Seth Rollins immediately cashing in Money In The Bank and taking the title from Reigns.

EDIT: As Brock Lesnar has re-signed with the WWE, here's hoping he keeps the title and it leads to a match between him and Daniel Bryan for the title in the future. :D
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 04:49:24 PM by Awesome »

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
WWE's biggest event of the year is here once again, with "The Showcase of the Immortals" reaching it's 31st year. Read on to find out what happened...

Good to see Tyson Kidd and Cesaro retain their WWE Tag Team Championship.

Glad that Damien Mizdow finally turned on The Miz, but I'm not a fan of The Big Show being the one to win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

That curb stomp counter into an RKO looked great.

I was hoping for a Dean Ambrose win rather than Daniel Bryan, as I worried that Bryan winning the Intercontinental Championship would lead to him only being seen as a midcarder rather than a main eventer, but I might be worrying for nothing and there are good things planned for the future.

The match between Rusev and John Cena ended in the expected result, but Rusev making his entrance on top of a tank was pretty cool.

Surprising but not unwelcome to see DX and the nWo involvement in the match between Sting and Triple H, but I don't see what the logic was in Triple H winning it. Was it to indicate that WWE still rules over WCW? The handshake afterwards also seemed odd as Triple H had hit Sting with a sledgehammer after all, but I guess the logic behind that was that Sting would have done the same with his bat, so it was all fair.

The match between The Undertaker and Bray Wyatt was a good one, but I do think the atmosphere of their entrances wasn't really there due to it not being in the dark. If anything, Wyatt looked a bit silly carrying his lantern in daylight.

As usual I wasn't interested in the musical performances, but I would assume it was intended by and used by many as a break anyway.

AJ Lee and Paige winning it was great, good to see that the match went their way.

The segment involving Triple H, Stephanie and then The Rock had me worried that they were taking up time, that could have better been used elsewhere, to build up something that might not have had much of an interest so many years after the last match between Triple H and The Rock. The worry was for nothing, as the addition of Ronda Rousey made things instantly awesome.

The WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between Brock Lesnar was a lot better than I was expecting, as I didn't think that they would have had Lesnar dominating Reigns as much as he was with the suplexes. Just as surprising was the F-5 so quickly after starting, that Lesnar made no move to pin afterward.

I was annoyed at Reigns kicking out of a third F-5, with the obvious reminder that The Undertaker didn't last year, but I was relieved at Lesnar kicking out from Reigns' two spears. The fourth F-5 had me thinking that Lesnar was about to end the match and keep his title, but him not being able to follow it up and Seth Rollins' music hitting and him cashing in his Money In The Bank contract to turn it into a Triple Threat match made things so much more awesome.

Teasing that Rollins might lose by Lesnar countering his second curb stomp into the positioning of the F-5 was a nice touch, but Reigns stopping it with a spear to Lesnar and Rollins following it up with the curb stomp on Reigns for the win ended the night in a great way.