Linked Events

• WWE SummerSlam: 17 August 2014

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2014 Discussion  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2014 Discussion
« on: 12 August 2014, 09:31:29 AM »
WWE SummerSlam 2014

Sunday, 17th August 2014

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

John Cena (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

Brie Bella vs. Stephanie McMahon

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton

LUMBERJACK MATCH

Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

AJ Lee (c) vs. Paige

FLAG MATCH

Jack Swagger vs. Rusev

Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

Rob Van Dam vs. Cesaro

WATCH THE SUMMERSLAM KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW)

« Last Edit: 18 August 2014, 12:35:36 AM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE SummerSlam 2014 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
Not really surprised to see Lesnar become the new champion, I thought it was the only thing that would make sense as he obviously CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA! ;)

I should have seen Nikki turning on Brie to help Stephanie win coming, but I was thinking that a turn would probably come at some point after Stephanie had lost - such as a week or two later - so it could be an action she took as a revenge for the match.

The Lumberjack match was executed in a way that allows Ambrose an excuse to keep on chasing Rollins and preventing him from any attempts he makes to cash in Money In The Bank, but I hadn't been expecting it as I thought Ambrose would win and thus I am happy to see it will continue.

Paige winning the Divas Championship was what I was hoping for so that we can keep having a back-and-forth trade of the title, leading to something decisive, so I am glad things do seem to be taking that route.

The flag match I didn't have much interest in, but I had at least thought that it would end in a victory for Swagger instead of Rusev, so was surprised by the result.

Wyatt winning I thought was the smart move, as I would assume that with Jericho's loss it would mean Wyatt gains momentum and Y2J can stay away for a while on a tour with Fozzy.

Good to see Ziggler win the Intercontinental Championship, but as I can't think of anything that The Miz might do next, I'm guessing things won't be over between them.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.