Linked Events

• WWE Payback: 1 June 2014

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Payback 2014 Discussion  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* WWE Payback 2014 Discussion
« on: 27 May 2014, 09:34:13 PM »
WWE Payback 2014

Sunday, 1st June 2014

NO HOLDS BARRED ELIMINATION MATCH

"The Shield" Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. "Evolution" Triple H, Randy Orton & Batista

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Bad News Barrett (c) vs. Rob Van Dam

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Sheamus (c) vs. Cesaro

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Paige (c) vs. Alicia Fox

Rusev vs. Big E

KICKOFF (PRE-SHOW) - HAIR VS MASK MATCH

Hornswoggle vs. El Torito

« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 08:38:18 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Payback 2014 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 2 June 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
Cena "overcomes the odds" yet again. Joy.  ::)

Good to see Bad News Barrett and Paige retain their titles, but disappointed to see Sheamus retain his too as I had been hoping a win for Cesaro would mean more ammunition that Paul Heyman could use as being due to his success as a manager.

I was surprised that the CM Punk chants were actually responded to, especially with Stephanie using it to add to her promo by mentioning Punk by name, but I guess that it was seen as necessary due to the PPV being in Chicago.

Great to see The Shield get another win over Evolution, and I'm wondering what will be next for The Shield.

I was expecting Cody Rhodes to end up attacking Goldust and turn heel, so what he said instead was very surprising, and I'm curious where this is going.

As for Brie quitting and Daniel Bryan keeping his title instead, I would have thought that as the 30-day rule was mentioned by the announcers, it will mean they end up taking the title off him soon anyway, ruining the effect of her quitting as he's obviously not going to be able to return to action in that time.

Though I guess they could decide to use it all as a reason to wait for him to heal instead, so that they can get the most satisfaction from beating him down and taking his title from him properly in a match.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.