Author Topic: Life After La Familia  (Read 1269 times)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Life After La Familia
« on: 13 July 2008, 06:53:46 AM »
All good things must come to an end, and so must the bad things. On the last Smackdown they teased with the ending of La Familia. Chavo Guerrero Jr. showed his true colors by being a rat and trying to play on both sides of the fence, by brown nosing Edge and Vickie. Then The Edgeheads showed their true loyalties are with Vickie. But by the end of the show Edge and Vickie were back together.

This leads me to my point what is the future of the Edgeheads (Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder). WWE's tag team division is lacking and will probably be like that for a while. But as Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder their gimmick is pretty much Edge's lackeys. The way they became the Edgeheads killed their old gimmick as The Major Brothers which people liked if they wanted to be face.

So what do you think their future is? Will one be seen as better and get repackaged while the other one gets lost in the shuffle? Will both be repackaged and get a run with the tag team titles? What happens after La Familia for the Edgeheads

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Life After La Familia
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2008, 07:08:15 AM »
I really don't care for them anyways. Not when there were the Major Borthers nor when they became the Edgeheads. I still can't tell which is which. I just never found them to be that entertaining.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline firewall316

Life After La Familia
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2008, 07:09:12 AM »
Im thinking eventually, they will leave La familia.. maybe fued with aonther tag team..or maybe edge. other than that, I don't really see them doing much as Edge Heads. Id like to see them both repackaged and have a run at tag titles. Otherwise, one of them will probably be repackaged and the other will eventually be released or just get lost.  If they both get lost in the shuffle... I wouldn't care too much. WWE does need some help with tag teams though.

Offline Zuccini

Life After La Familia
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
tbh i dont really care what happens to them as personally i think they are finished. Although i wouldnt mind seeing them in the tag team division. But i dont think they will ever get seen as faces anymore.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Life After La Familia
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2008, 12:47:07 PM »
I

Offline Dale

Life After La Familia
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
I really don't no what the future holds for them. I can see them continuing as lackeys for Edge then once La Familia comes to an end they float around in the tag division maybe have an unsuccesful run as tag team champs then drop them to the over face team before vanishing off our tv's and eventually being released. I honestly haven't seen anything about them that thinks "Yeah, these guys are good." Only thing I will remember them for is being the guys who ran in on everyone of Edge's matches and the double spot they did in the TLC match.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Life After La Familia
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2008, 01:45:44 AM »
With Kendrick & Jeff on SD, it may be time to return the Cruiser belt, esp. when Helms comes back. (They added a Women's belt, so who knows?) They'll probably go from Bros to Edgeheads to a split & feud.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Life After La Familia
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2008, 01:48:15 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;6647
With Kendrick & Jeff on SD, it may be time to return the Cruiser belt, esp. when Helms comes back. (They added a Women's belt, so who knows?) They'll probably go from Bros to Edgeheads to a split & feud.

It would be absolutely stupid to have Jeff Hardy compete in the cruiserweight division.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Life After La Familia
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2008, 01:57:26 AM »
Quote from: Skittles;6649
It would be absolutely stupid to have Jeff Hardy compete in the cruiserweight division.

No moreso than Hornswoggle, & he won the freaking belt.

If Matt deserves to get any belt, Jeff deserves far more than a shot at it.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Life After La Familia
« Reply #9 on: 14 July 2008, 02:07:10 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;6652
No moreso than Hornswoggle, & he won the freaking belt.

If Matt deserves to get any belt, Jeff deserves far more than a shot at it.

So it would make sense to have jeff win a title that was turned into a joke when a midget won it?

Yeah and the difference between Jeff hardy and Hornswoggle is that Jeff put on a great match with Randy Orton at Royal Rumble for the world heavyweight title proving that he is capable to be in the main event. Putting him in something as low as the cruiserweight division, he would be taking 10 huge steps backwards from where he currently is.

So just because Matt Hardy has the U.S. title, Jeff should kill his feature by winning the cruiserweight title? Please.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Life After La Familia
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
Quote from: Skittles;6656
So it would make sense to have jeff win a title that was turned into a joke when a midget won it?

If you ask me, it was almost as big of a joke when Rey won it every other week... And besides, with the retirement/time off of the belt, it'd be just like when they brought back the US belt after not using it when they first signed all the WCW guys.

Yeah and the difference between Jeff hardy and Hornswoggle is that Jeff put on a great match with Randy Orton at Royal Rumble for the world heavyweight title proving that he is capable to be in the main event. Putting him in something as low as the cruiserweight division, he would be taking 10 huge steps backwards from where he currently is.

Using the storyline that his own brother Matt was in a while back, it's only lower in its weight class. (This isn't the X belt, where anyone can supposedly go after it.) And why not give him gold that may be a few steps back, since they apparently never want to give him the deserved HW belt?

So just because Matt Hardy has the U.S. title, Jeff should kill his feature by winning the cruiserweight title? Please.

First off, Jeff is one of the few reasons Matt even has a job in the company now, let alone any future there. (I believe the others are now-ex-Champs & on tour with her band.)

And as I've been saying here, that's not killing anything for him.

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
Life After La Familia
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2008, 06:41:32 AM »
Really...How can you expect for him to win the cruiserweight title and look at it as a good thing? Especially since he is an upper mid card and from what I've been reading, could be getting another main event push. That would be like someone getting a raise  but then going back to minimum wage because they aren't at the top position of whatever company they are working at.It's stupid. Jeff may not have won the World Title yet but it doesn't mean he isn't going to win it in the future. Going back and winning the cruiserweight title will diminish that oppurtunity plain and simple.
"This is my welcome!"

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Life After La Familia
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
Quote from: TJChurch;6742
If you ask me, it was almost as big of a joke when Rey won it every other week... And besides, with the retirement/time off of the belt, it'd be just like when they brought back the US belt after not using it when they first signed all the WCW guys.

It wasn't a joke when Rey Mysterio was holding the title because at that stage in his career he wasn't at the level of popularity and overness as he is now. He actually had a point of reason to claim the title. Now where is the point in bringing Jeff Hardy back a notch? There is none. Who would he face also? Brian Kendrick, Gregory Helms and who else? They are wrestlers he would beat on a weekly basis.

Using the storyline that his own brother Matt was in a while back, it's only lower in its weight class. (This isn't the X belt, where anyone can supposedly go after it.) And why not give him gold that may be a few steps back, since they apparently never want to give him the deserved HW belt?

I am a huge Jeff Hardy fan, but I know he isn't worthy of a World Championship reign atm. That's not saying I think he should never get it, I hope he does but now is not the time. If the WWE want him to be a future World Champion the worst thing to do would be to bring him back. That's honestly like putting someone like Triple H or The Undertaker in the United States Division rather than Main Event, it's crazy.

First off, Jeff is one of the few reasons Matt even has a job in the company now, let alone any future there. (I believe the others are now-ex-Champs & on tour with her band.)

Dude, get over Jeff Hardy seriously. I mean you can't say Matt Hardy wouldn't be in this industry if it weren't for Jeff. Yes that is partly true, but if it wasn't for Matt, Jeff wouldn't be here also. It works on both ends.

And as I've been saying here, that's not killing anything for him.

Maybe it won't kill him off but it's killing off things for him. If you put him in the CW Division you'd have to wait another year for a Main Event spot because the CW Division is treated so lowly by many. I can't believe you, being a Jeff Hardy fan would want this to happen....

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline firewall316

Life After La Familia
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2008, 06:45:27 AM »
Wow... Jeff Hardy cruiserweight champion?.. thats what drugs will do to you lol.  Jeff at least deserves US or Intercontinental Championship.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
Life After La Familia
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2008, 07:14:12 AM »
1] Jeff is just as over now as Rey was when he won the CW belt; Compare "overness" & other aspects of HW reign when they've both had one.

2] They won't give him the HW belt any time soon, b/c he's one suspension away from termination, which would kill Vince's optimistic future like Congress never could.

3] For Matt to have a career, he needs members of the "Carolina Connection": Jeff, Shannon (as an MFer was what kept Matt there then), Lita, or the hopefully-returning-soon Helms. He even had Flair carrying him in matches last year, if I recall right... Oh, & Jeff already lost his WWE career once, & gained 1 very soon in TNA. Matt would be far from that lucky.