Author Topic: Same old Same old.  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Same old Same old.
« on: 16 June 2008, 10:02:41 AM »
Well i used to be a big fan of smackdown but it has gotten very boring as of late.
Batista, Undertaker and edge. thats the main event...every freaking month. and what throw kahli in there sometimes....yeah that helps. i mean i like edge batista and taker but they really need to be pushing more guys to the main event. i am really hoping this draft helps smackdown more this year unlike they did last year. because the same old main event is becoming skippable and with those 3 guys it shouldn't be IMO.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Same old Same old.
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2008, 04:01:14 PM »
To me it felt like this was the summer of new stars on SD... Taker was going to have a run with the title right through to either summerslam or Survivor Series and go through feuds with some new stars, like MVP.

If not, Edge was going to run through the summer facing CM Punk, Matt Hardy, and a few others.

Things were going to be fresh, new and cool on SD... but now I'm not so sure. I think this match with Batista is a once and for all thing to end this Chapter of SD history... I liked all these feuds between these three guys but it's time to move on. I hope it will be the end for now... but then taker comes back and it starts all over again.

Anyway, we should have an idea at the draft but we'll see.

MVP needs to be in the main event.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

Same old Same old.
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2008, 11:42:10 PM »
The SmackDown main event scene has been boring for a long long time. I only watched the TLC match because of the gimmick and was intrigued to see how it panned out and other than that I can't remember the last one I watched. Obviously Undertaker is going to return down the line and finish his feud with Edge which im not looking forward to in all honesty =/

I'm still abit skeptical though even after the draft because even if he does come over, we're going to get a feud that in all honesty feels like it only ended a few months back. Then there's the rumour of Umaga switching over for a major push, Heel vs Heel? Can't really see it happening again, but I think the E has got alot of thinking to do.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Same old Same old.
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2008, 12:38:51 AM »
Well Umaga can turn face easily... I do agree I'm not looking forward to more Taker/Edge matches. Sending Undertaker to RAW maybe would be key.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline squeaksjr

Same old Same old.
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2008, 03:56:30 PM »
i said this before that smackdown is the same every week and there is no chance unless the draft works out of it changing get ready for friday night same old crap
Frreebirds runnin wild and free, you never gonna put a set of chains on me
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
Same old Same old.
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
Quote from: Prax;208

MVP needs to be in the main event.

I actually agree with this.

I have seriously been complaining about the lack of feeling that the creative team has put into SD. It seems like they just do not care anymore which puts the talent in charge of selling the impossible to sell and I have to ask how that is fair. How much can they really like the same old tired, recycled crap? I can barely wait for the draft. I am needing that damn draft because it is difficult to watch SD anymore.

Offline squeaksjr

Same old Same old.
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2008, 04:16:05 PM »
I have seriously been complaining about the lack of feeling that the creative team has put into SD. It seems like they just do not care anymore which puts the talent in charge of selling the impossible to sell and I have to ask how that is fair. How much can they really like the same old tired, recycled crap? I can barely wait for the draft. I am needing that damn draft because it is difficult to watch SD anymore.[/quote]

remmber hhh is one of the writers and i agree that it is repettive and the draft could spice it up
freebirds gonna take you all down, but you\'ll never find your way out of freebird town

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
Same old Same old.
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
HHH is a great performer but as a writer I have to say meh.. I understand that he can bring personal experience to the team but SD as of now is a truck load of FAIL!

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Same old Same old.
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
i didn't think triple h was a writer for smackdown like ever. and i thought he and steph were just in charge for a short time on raw. not saying he doesn't politic or anything but i don't think you can blame smackdowns stories on him.

i thought smackdown was pretty good at the start of the year but they need more feuds and newer feuds i think hayes should be in charge again.

Offline geek 3.14

• #1 Kane fan
Same old Same old.
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2008, 08:00:35 PM »
Yeah I didn't know that HHH was a writer either.

Offline Dale

Same old Same old.
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2008, 09:31:09 PM »
-- Undertaker will return to television by crashing the wedding between Edge & Vickie Guerrero scheduled for a SmackDown taping in mid-July. He will then be plugged right back into his program with Edge and feud with him for at least the rest of the summer. If they don't have a match at The Great American Bash, then definitely at SummerSlam, although it looks like the wedding is happening before GAB, so they could hotshot it for that show too. There was a feeling that his feud with Edge needed to be put on the shelf for a little while, although he did have some nagging injuries to tend to. The feeling was that it was going to run out of steam without a major twist, hence the retirement storyline.

Yeah the feud needed to be put on the shelf, for a long friggin time not 1month(ish). I despair, I really do.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Shelia

• Banned
Same old Same old.
« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2008, 01:09:47 AM »
As far as I know HHH isn't a writer but that could have changed. As for SD yeah I'm so NOT looking forward to the Undertaker's return at all. I'm ready to see Edge face new challengers. I was actually hoping Punk was going to step up and challenge him but since Taker's returning that's not happening I guess.

Offline squeaksjr

Same old Same old.
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2008, 10:14:18 AM »
last i herd hhh was one of the writes but even so smackdown needs the taker to stay alive

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
Same old Same old.
« Reply #13 on: 20 June 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
The main event picture in the whole of WWE is pretty boring right now, their having the same people as the main event at a PPV, the WWE really needs to start building up younger stars that are capable of main eventing (i.e.: Carlito, Elijah Burke, Morrison) I think it would also be a great idea to draft Triple H to SD he has been on Raw forever now and on SD he could really help raise the likes of MVP to a credible main event wrestler.  

Offline Oly J

Same old Same old.
« Reply #14 on: 20 June 2008, 08:09:15 PM »
well I agree Triple H could help Smackdown but it's just not gonna happen Triple H won't go to Smackdown because it's not the A show