Author Topic: TNA having their first PPV in Canada  (Read 465 times)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
TNA having their first PPV in Canada
« on: 10 July 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
Quote from: Nodq.com
TNA's September pay-per-view No Surrender will originate from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, reports the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. This will be TNA's first Canadian PPV. The date of the event is 9/14, and it will be housed at the same arena they promoted a successful house show last year. Oshawa is about an hour drive from Toronto. There is talk of doing Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Nash for the title match on the show..

Well looks like they're coming for you prax. :P seriously though this is good for TNA there first PPV out of the country. i would like to see them do a PPV in the UK beings there tour went so well.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
The fans in Canada were amazing JUST for House Shows. There's no doubt in my mind this will be a great event and I could honestly see TNA selling 10,000 tickets, the canadians love them that much.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2008, 12:56:24 AM »
well, TNA is going global, especially Japan, they love TNA over their

Offline firewall316

« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2008, 07:35:21 AM »
I might have to watch the show. Since I've been told about how great the TNA shows will be. I'll have to watch this one. They're first PPV out of the states.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2008, 08:02:41 AM »
TNA are going global. In fact I think they honestly have more fans outside North America than in it. TNA is big in UK, Japan, Europe and even places like India they are doing alright. TNA should travel more in my opinion, costly, but effective.

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
Quote from: The Franchise;5997
TNA are going global. In fact I think they honestly have more fans outside North America than in it. TNA is big in UK, Japan, Europe and even places like India they are doing alright. TNA should travel more in my opinion, costly, but effective.

I was about to put the exact same thing!

The UK tour sold out and when they come back, there going to London o2 Arena, where the UFC just held a show. TNA is alive and well in the UK
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2008, 03:39:37 AM »
Oshawa is like a 4 hour drive from me buddy :P
If it's cheap and I can find someone to go with me maybe I'll check it out. But I doubt it :P

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2008, 03:40:22 AM »
Prax, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!! Go!

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2008, 06:41:11 AM »
It's good to see TNA going out of the country for a PPV as it gives the WWE more competition really. I hope it goes well and from what I have heard, not just from Franchise, that they did some great House Shows over there.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline firewall316

« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
I'm glad to see them trying to get to WWE's level. In some ways. When we finally get a competition going, I'll be watching both shows. Both compete, fans win.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2008, 11:46:02 AM »
I know that both posters above myself have highlighted this as a chance to get closer to competing with the WWE but I look at it from the view that the American wrestling market is dying and the wrestling market throughout the rest of the world is growing because of being starved of top-class wrestling. Look at NWE as an example. Over 10000 fans for a show with Warrior yet the company is literally unheard of on the mainstream level.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
Quote from: Prax;6143
Oshawa is like a 4 hour drive from me buddy :P
If it's cheap and I can find someone to go with me maybe I'll check it out. But I doubt it :P

that settles it. me and prax will be going to a TNA PPV xD

Offline bigdog

« Reply #12 on: 12 July 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
You better! I tell ya, I went to Bound For Glory 07. It was an experience of a lifetime... I'll never forget how amazing it was. Match after match.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #13 on: 12 July 2008, 11:40:29 PM »
Quote from: bigdog;6309
You better! I tell ya, I went to Bound For Glory 07. It was an experience of a lifetime... I'll never forget how amazing it was. Match after match.

Nice. I'm going to the Maximum iMPACT tour in January! (Y)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 15 July 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;6290
that settles it. me and prax will be going to a TNA PPV xD

If you SERIOUSLY come up to montreal I will go to a TNA ppv with you :lol2:

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.