Author Topic: PRIDE figher to WWE..possibly SD!?  (Read 529 times)

Offline Da Vinci

PRIDE figher to WWE..possibly SD!?
« on: 10 July 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
CREDIT: WrestleZone

WWE brought in Latino wrestling star Dos Caras Jr. at the Tulsa, Oklahoma show on July 1st, to check out his work and see about the possibility of bringing him into the fold. Caras Jr., who has also fought in mixed-martial arts competition for the now defunct PRIDE Fighting Championships operation out of Japan (now owned by Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC), is being talked about as a possible new signee to replace Rey Mysterio Jr. on the SmackDown! side, as the new Hispanic standout for the brand. One of several positive attributes for Caras Jr., is that he speaks fluent English. This should help him from getting thrown into one of the grab-bag prejudice roles we've seen past Hispanic stars stuck with in the past.

Not herd much of this guy, but it proves that WWE isn't willing to lose the Hispanic demographic for Smackdown by moving Rey to RAW, and the fact that he speaks fluent English is a good thing aswell
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
Well moving Carlito to SD kind of showed that they didn't forget about the hispanic demo. But RAW needed help too and Rey's popular. I haven't heard much of this guy and frankly i didn't even know PRIDE went under, lol, but I'd like to see what this guy has.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2008, 04:05:02 PM »
Pride got bought out by UFC last year I think. When I first saw the headline, I seriously thought they had got Bob Sapp. I will have to see if there is any good stuff of this guy on YouTube
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2008, 04:08:07 PM »
i checked a few of his matches out on yt and seriously I didn't see him hit one offensive move, lol. That doesn't mean he won't be a good wrestler though. I like his look. We'll see how this pans out.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2008, 04:09:17 PM »
was that just his Pride Fights, or his wrestling? al check him out on Wikipedia

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
I don't really know much about MMA. so you guys are gonna have to feel me in on how this guy is. as for the hispanic thing im still waiting on carlitos brother to show up.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2008, 07:33:14 AM »
Speaking of Carlito... where is he? I don't remember seeing him on tv since the draft when he moved to SD.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2008, 09:06:12 AM »
Quote from: firewall316;5989
Speaking of Carlito... where is he? I don't remember seeing him on tv since the draft when he moved to SD.

He had to go overseas to do that tour that he got so much heat for.....kennedy also got heat on purpose which i don't understand beings he was a face at the time.