Author Topic: Will the Undertaker's WM Streak ever end?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
Will the Undertaker's WM Streak ever end?
« on: 10 July 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
Ok, now we all know 'Taker's been dominating the WM scene now for over a decade and is unbeaten so my question is will he ever be beaten at Wrestlemania?

He's beaten everyone from Ric Flair to Kane to Edge and if the streak ever does end I want to find out your opinions on when it will end and who will beat him.

I reckon he will never be beaten at Wrestlemania unless it's his retirement match and I don't have a clue who would beat him but I'd like a younger guy to win so they can get a huge push. There wouldn't much point in seeing someone like Shawn Michaels defeat Taker as he too is almost done. But who knows who will do if anyone does. Hell even Vince McMahon might end his streak.

What do you guys think?

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Da Vinci

« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2008, 02:37:14 PM »
I don't think he will ever be beaten at wrestlemania. It would just make no sense to build it up for nearly 2 decades, then for it to end on his last match.

Plus, I don't think anyone will have there last match at wrestlemania for a while after flair
"Its slutty lips you wish your girlfriend had. Its vampire teeth you wish you had, and its ****ing massive so everyone can see what ur about."

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2008, 03:27:34 PM »
No he isn't going to lose at WM. Like Vinci said to have something build up for that long would be kinda stupid for it to be destroyed.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2008, 04:13:38 PM »
If Flair has to lose to retire, why shouldn't undertaker?

And frankly, the "legendary" streak isn't as legendary as people say. A lot of the people he's beaten shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the word "legendary". Go through the earlier list of people he's beaten and even some of the more recent people and you'll see that isn't all that. Giant Gonzales? Jimmy Snuka while he was basically on a respirator? Mark Henry? Nathan Jones? Please.

That's not to say he hasn't had some good matches, like vs. Flair, Triple H, Edge, Batista, etc, but his streak is overrated.

And just like everything else in this industry, it should certainly end. Why should undertaker not have to put someone over as he retires? I mean, Flair could've ended his career in a victory but he chose to put over HBK, who's possibly one of the only guys in the industry who has a claim to his spot as the best ever.

Undertaker should lose his streak and put someone over, it's the way it should be.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
Thing is though, if we were to say that Taker's last match would be a loss at Mania wouldn't we be in a similar situation we was not so long back when we were deciding on who should be Flair's opponent?

People didn't want Flair to face an upcomer so to speak as they didn't want the younger guy to have it hanging over his head throughout his whole career that he was the guy to retire the great Ric Flair. So surely Taker should go out in a similar fashion as even though the Mania streak is overated and I personally haven't been a fan of him for a long while, the guy is a legend in the business and a certain Hall Of Famer.

With that being said, even though im kind of going against what i've just said I would personally have Randy Orton do it. He was awesome as WWE Champ and proved how damn good of a heel he was, so for the Legend Killer to kill the Legendary Mania Streak would be huge.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2008, 05:08:44 PM »
i would like to see that, Shawn Michaels vs Taker' ay WM25, if Shawn can't do it, then none can

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2008, 05:44:31 PM »
I find myself attached to the undertakers streak as strange as that sounds. i really don't want him to lose his streak when the other half of me knows that it would be great for a younger guy to come along and end the streak. But if someone did beat taker it would have to be a heel because a lot of fans would be pissed at that person.

Offline The Franchise

• The One True Breed.
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2008, 11:53:59 PM »
I agree completely with Prax on this subject and I for one nominate Ken Kennedy.

Offline WWEFANbOy

« Reply #8 on: 11 July 2008, 12:51:44 AM »
well, it wont end os easy, i think that Shawn would be great and stands a really big chance against the Deadman, if he loses, Taker's WM streak will never end

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2008, 02:47:44 AM »
Quote from: WWEFANbOy;5858
i would like to see that, Shawn Michaels vs Taker' ay WM25, if Shawn can't do it, then none can

I was going to say HBK as well. They've been teasing an HBK/Taker match for the last couple of years at the Royal Rumble, so hopefully it'll happen this year at Wrestlemania 25. But Orton would be a great candidate too.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2008, 03:17:31 AM »
I honestly think that the streak is a bit overrated as Prax stated. Yes, he has gone over some bigger names like Flair, HHH and Edge but he has some real dud matches with Mark Henry and Nathan Jones. His streak will never happen again but it's not as legendary as the WWE make it out to be. I hope Randy Orton does do it because he really is one of the few I would say could do it. HBK is up there too but I think giving it to a younger bloke is a  much better idea cause once it's done they'll be hated by so many, lol.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #11 on: 11 July 2008, 03:26:21 AM »
Quote from: J2M;5955
I honestly think that the streak is a bit overrated as Prax stated. Yes, he has gone over some bigger names like Flair, HHH and Edge but he has some real dud matches with Mark Henry and Nathan Jones. His streak will never happen again but it's not as legendary as the WWE make it out to be. I hope Randy Orton does do it because he really is one of the few I would say could do it. HBK is up there too but I think giving it to a younger bloke is a  much better idea cause once it's done they'll be hated by so many, lol.

I think Randy Orton is a perfect canidate to end taker's WM streak. He does so much to get the fans to hate him. This will complement his heel status in a huge way.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline firewall316

« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2008, 06:21:21 AM »
If he loses at Wrestlemania, it will probably be his last match. And I don't see why he wouldn't end his career at WM. I would probably like to see HHH or Orton beat him at WM for his last match.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2008, 09:02:02 AM »
I know this will never happen because he is in TNA and WWE miss used him but i would actually like to see matt morgan beat taker at a mania and become the next great big guy. i really like morgan i think he has what it takes to be a main eventer in any company. right now i think edge and orton are already over and have already have had long feuds with taker so it would have to be someone different. and i just don't see kennedy or MVP getting the job done. as for HBK don't get me wrong he is my favorite of all time but he ended Flairs careerer does he really need to end takers streak? michaels already has enough although i wouldn't mind seeing him win the title again.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Quote from: Adampro123;6000
I know this will never happen because he is in TNA and WWE miss used him but i would actually like to see matt morgan beat taker at a mania and become the next great big guy. i really like morgan i think he has what it takes to be a main eventer in any company. right now i think edge and orton are already over and have already have had long feuds with taker so it would have to be someone different. and i just don't see kennedy or MVP getting the job done. as for HBK don't get me wrong he is my favorite of all time but he ended Flairs careerer does he really need to end takers streak? michaels already has enough although i wouldn't mind seeing him win the title again.

The point isn't necessarily getting someone over, but choosing the right person that it doesn't affect his career to the point where he becomes known as "the guy who ended Undertaker's career" and nothing else. With Michaels ending Flair's career, that was fine, because he already has his world titles, all his accolades, people can look past that match and see his feud with Triple H, his ladder match with Razor Ramon, the screwjob, the iron man matches, etc.

If you had, say, Kennedy retire flair, every time he wins a title or has a good match, he's the "guy who retired flair". Shawn Michaels can overcome the natural heel it creates, he's the type of guy who can never legitimately turn heel again. I think it would set the mood for the rest of a guy like Kennedy's career, and not in a good way.

The only other person who could've pulled it off is a guy like Orton. But he was main eventing WM this year. So if it's not going to be HBK next year for Undertaker, I wouldn't mind it being Orton, because he's such a mega-heel that he could actually pull it of IMO.