Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 13th May 2013  (Read 977 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 13th May 2013
« on: 13 May 2013, 06:57:07 PM »
Quote from: WWE.com
After Brock Lesnar destroyed Triple H’s office at WWE headquarters last Monday, The Game issued a bold challenge: face him in his other office — the ring! With the challenge accepted, what will unfold when the two Superstars come together less than a week before their Steel Cage showdown at Extreme Rules?

For the first time ever, Chris Jericho and Fandango will showcase their moves in a Dance-Off. Will The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah (who has chosen Edyta Sliwinska as his dance partner) prevail, or can the up-and-coming Superstar find a way to beat the wily mat technician as he did on The Grandest Stage of Them All?

At the close of last week’s Raw, Ryback unleashed his rage on WWE Champion John Cena with a steel-chair attack. On SmackDown, it was Chris Jericho who felt the beast’s wrath. With their Last Man Standing Match at Extreme Rules looming, will Cena or his challenger make the next move to gain momentum before the May 19 pay-per-view?

The WWE Universe continues to speculate as to who could be WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn’s secret admirer.  ... Will he finally reveal himself this week, or will he continue to admire the Divas Champ from afar?

World Heavyweight Champ Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion on SmackDown when he interfered in Big E Langston's bout with Jack Swagger. With the Triple Threat Ladder Match against Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio at Extreme Rules less than a week away, will one of his challengers be looking to strike the vulnerable champion?

I'm expecting Kaitlyn's "secret admirer" to turn out to be AJ - not because she does care, but instead as her playing mind games with her.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: 13th May 2013
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2013, 09:41:49 AM »
I find it odd that they can't seem to decide between Fandango's dance partner being the original one or Summer Rae. Until last week, I thought Summer Rae was probably going to be his dance partner all of the time from now on, but then they obviously had him with the original one again.

Due to knowing nothing about the original dance partner, I'm assuming that she's not a wrestler and that dancing is her only purpose, so she wouldn't be familiar with acting like a heel like Summer Rae would due to her being an NXT Diva. So that makes sense that Summer Rae would be the one to do it this week, but I still think they should just pick one of them to use instead of switching.

I liked Jericho's entrance with his dance partner, with them doing the back-to-back arms out pose, but it seemed pointless having her there and hyping that she was on Dancing With The Stars too if she and Jericho weren't actually going to dance at all (so she and Jericho should have gone first so they could preserve the heel tactics of Fandango and Summer Rae).

It's a shame that they pulled Dolph Ziggler from Extreme Rules, but it obviously makes sense that they would take the concussion seriously as his health should come first. Considering the crazy selling he has done in other matches in the past though, it's surprising that he didn't get a concussion like that until the kick.

The announcement of Dean Ambrose vs. Kofi Kingston seems to come out of nowhere, as there has been no build up between them other than Kingston evening up the odds last week on SmackDown.

I'm still not interested in Triple H's match with Brock Lesnar.

As for Kaitlyn's secret admirer, I guess they are going to drag it out for a few weeks. I'm still expecting it to be revealed to be AJ playing mind games though, despite the announcers suggesting that it could be AJ.

I don't know why they keep persisting with announcers saying that AJ has been with every man in the locker room, it is still ridiculous and insulting though - the storylines made a total of five men (Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Kane, John Cena, and Dolph Ziggler). That's hardly every man in the locker room.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
I haven't watched RAW for a long time but I thought The Shield were feuding with Taker, or did they just knock him out or something?

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2013, 10:41:34 PM »
I haven't watched RAW for a long time but I thought The Shield were feuding with Taker, or did they just knock him out or something?
They gave him a Triple Powerbomb through the announcers' table on SmackDown a few weeks ago and hasn't been seen since, so I'm guessing that it was just their way of getting him off-screen again - I too thought that they were going to be feuding, but apparently not.