Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 22nd, 2013  (Read 702 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 22nd, 2013
« on: 21 April 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

United Kingdom: Live, Monday Night, April 22nd, at 8/7c on the USA Network

Where
 London O2 Arena
London,England
What to Expect
 -With Cena being attacked by the Shield at the night of Raw this past Monday, can Superman overcome the odds once again? Let's not forget as Cena was getting mugged for his shoes, Ryback was standing at the ramp watching, loving his pain! Will Ryback deliver another message to him, telling him that this time is up?
 -Team Hell No/Undertaker vs the Shield.Will we get to see Taker wrestler outside of Mania for the first time in a long time? I have feeling, Shield will take out the Deadman before this match even shows during Raw
  -Will Triple H accept Brock Lesnar's challenge for a Steel Cage Match at Extreme Rules?
 -With Ziggler be involved in the Extreme Rules triple threat match to defend his newly won World Title against Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger, can Ziggler show his challengers, I'm not giving this title up..I waited too long to get it?!

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 22nd, 2013
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2013, 11:12:31 PM »
Hopefully this crowd will be as good as the Raw crowd after WrestleMania. :D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: April 22nd, 2013
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2013, 10:30:10 PM »
I know others thought it was the time long before now, but I think I can finally say that I have had enough of Jerry Lawler's commentary. Sure, he was probably fed the line about AJ due to all three of them joking about her, but this was the point that made me think "enough".

I just don't think I can enjoy his commentary any more, especially with the other jokes he attempts to crack that seem to be aimed at young Cena fans (such as his joke about Fandango being able to make a tissue dance a couple of weeks ago).

As for the crowd, they certainly tried much harder than last week's to imitate the epic crowd of two weeks ago, but there didn't seem to be anything original that they came up with. Instead it was just repeats of the exact same chants and "Fandangoing" that we heard on the Raw after WrestleMania.

As for the actual matches, they weren't too bad I guess.

I liked AJ winning the Divas Battle Royal as it means that we'll finally get to see her against Kaitlyn for the Divas Championship, and I also enjoyed seeing Sandow and Rhodes in action. It was especially good to see William Regal in action too despite him losing. Jericho dancing with Summer Rae after throwing Fandango off the stage was also a nice touch.

I was surprised at Ryback's use of "Super Cena", but not at the fact that Cena hit the ring again to clear out The Shield - it just reinforced my dislike for the character proving that he always has to do the right thing, instead of repeating what Ryback did last week. Though he did hit Ryback with an Attitude Adjustment at the end, I don't see that as being an equal level of payback.

To be fair though, I don't really think that there is anything that Cena can do to make me like him anyway.

I liked the match between The Shield, The Undertaker, and Team Hell No, but I think that Kane and Daniel Bryan came out too early- it would have worked better if it had started off as a Six-Man Tag Team match and had them come in to even up the odds a little later, as it seemed that they recovered from the attack too quickly.

I can see that might not have been particularly viable though, as the start was obviously The Shield about to attack The Undertaker all at the same time, rather than starting off by following the rules - the latter of which wouldn't make sense for a group that claims to take the law into their own hands anyway.

Good to see Mick Foley, him saying the name of wherever he is for a cheap pop never gets old. :D
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.