Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: March 11th, 2013  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: March 11th, 2013
« on: 11 March 2013, 02:55:37 PM »

When
 United States: Live, Monday Night, March 11th, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, March 12th, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Where
Indianapolis, IN,

What to Expect
 -Heyman and Lesnar vowed to show up at Raw, to respond to Triple H's challenge, will he accept?
 -With Punk facing the Deadman at Wrestlemaia 29, he wants to end the streak and take something from else, what does he have a mind to start that plan?
 -Even though Sheamus/Show and Orton failed in their attempt to face Taker at Wrestlemania, all have had problems with the Shield, will they get justice or will they all be victims this coming Raw?
 -With Wrestlemania drawing near, what's to come for Cena/Rock and Del Rio/Swagger? With either of these men gain the advantage and put fear into the hearts of their opponent?
 -Y2J rumored return?
 -New Age Outlaws vs Rhodes Scholars

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: March 11th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2013, 02:53:24 PM »
Classy move on the part of the WWE with the tributes to Paul Bearer, they definitely showed how much he meant to them.

It obviously could be considered bad taste that it was also used to further the match between The Undertaker and CM Punk at WrestleMania by having Punk interrupt twice, but I think that in this case they believe that the show must go on and that Paul Bearer would have agreed with them.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
I think Paul Bearer would have wanted to be used that way. Plus his and Taker's gimmick was always surrounding death. I wouldn't call it in bad taste, but it's definitely a rather easy and predictable way to get heat.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Undertaker will win the match at Wrestlemania either through the use of the urn or something from "beyond" stopping Punk.  A lightning strike, power outage, naked mideon...the spirits of death valley will be against CM Punk that night.

Either way, this match will be a tribute for Paul Bearer even if it's still 4 weeks away.  For the slim .01% chance they were planning on a CM Punk win, I think it's definitely not happening now.  At this point, this is Undertaker's legacy and you can't take it away from him.

On a totally separate note, I thought it was funny that Paul Heyman said Brock Lesnar has taken out all of DX with HBK last summer and now the New Age Outlaws.  X-Pac heat is now going on 15 years.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2013, 09:09:55 PM by narcolepsy »

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
I loved this episode of Raw. Am i in the minority?

Only thing i didn't like was Cesaro losing again and seemingly having no direction for wrestlemania.
That and the miz is horrible and cole and lawler are even worse.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2013, 11:52:19 PM »
Not to me, I quite enjoyed it too.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2013, 01:24:18 AM »
I was enjoying Brad Maddox until Cole and King wouldn't shut the fuck up. When are they going to give Big E something? I personally want to see him repackaged as Choc Lesnar.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2013, 04:01:05 AM »

Only thing i didn't like was Cesaro losing again and seemingly having no direction for wrestlemania.
That and the miz is horrible and cole and lawler are even worse.
One of the better Raws in recent weeks for sure.

I totally agree with everything you disliked too. I don't understand why you put titles Cesaro and Barrett just to have them job every week. They should be one step under the main eventers, not just losing to them all the time.

The commentary is at its worst since before Cole turned face when Lawler died.

And that whole Highlight Reel segment was just hard to watch. So, they're plugging Dead Man Down by making fun of the fact that Barrett has a small role in it? And what, that's supposed to get him or the movie over? The only good thing about it was Maddox being hilarious again.

Undertaker will win the match at Wrestlemania either through the use of the urn or something from "beyond" stopping Punk.  A lightning strike, power outage, naked mideon...the spirits of death valley will be against CM Punk that night.

Either way, this match will be a tribute for Paul Bearer even if it's still 4 weeks away.  For the slim .01% chance they were planning on a CM Punk win, I think it's definitely not happening now.  At this point, this is Undertaker's legacy and you can't take it away from him.

On a totally separate note, I thought it was funny that Paul Heyman said Brock Lesnar has taken out all of DX with HBK last summer and now the New Age Outlaws.  X-Pac heat is now going on 15 years.

I can't wait for Brock to eviscerate Hornswoggle. And rip Chyna's dick-clit off.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2013, 05:02:26 PM »
WWE made the decision to keep John Cena off of RAW because they didn't want to draw attention to The Rock not being there according to PWInsider.com.

There was consideration on having Cena cut a promo in the ring but WWE decided that would make the WWE Champion look weak if he couldn't come out and respond.

:dohw:

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
What is the point in The Rock being champion if he can't even attend, just makes the show look shit if the champs not there.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2013, 09:58:33 PM »
Despite neither being seen (other than in the video package), I don't think it hurt this episode of Raw.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
As we reported Tuesday, Brad Maddox was expected to be the one blamed for the bad "Highlight Reel" segment on Raw Monday. F4W Online is claiming that is indeed the case and Vince is pointing the ultimate finger at Maddox.

That segment was reportedly rewritten on the day of the show due to Vince thinking it was "really bad" in the first place. Then, the TV used for the Jeritron messed up while "The Marine 3" promo was airing, so the ring crew had to remove it. That's when Jericho adlibbed and mentioned his Jeritron magically disappearing.

Maddox's promo was supposed to mention the Jeritron, so it not being there is what supposedly caused him to flub his lines when he came out.

Although Brad Maddox is the one taking the fall for the segment, it should be noted that McMahon had already told Cole and Lawler through their headsets to bury the segment before Maddox even came out.

Backstage, Vince was heard calling it one of the worst segments ever, but many believed it wouldn't have been near as noticable if Cole and Lawler weren't told to bury it on the air.

:dohw: :dohw: :dohw:

Offline narcolepsy

« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2013, 05:03:09 PM »
They deserve that for creating a segment around shameless self promotion for their awful movies instead of a legitimate storyline. 

I think what's happening is the writing crew isn't used to the 2 month break between PPVs that stretching out the main event feuds are making the midcard feuds even weaker.  Usually there's no real basis to the midcard feuds except for a match with a dq/countout result followed by a rematch.  Now they actually have to come up with a 2 month storyline and everyones just floating around.  With all the time spent on writing the money making feuds, there just isn't enough creative input to smooth out the midcard.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 15 March 2013, 12:15:19 AM »
Poor Brad, Don't blame him for your shitty segments. I wouldn't think it would be too bad if it wasn't for Cole talking over guys.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator