Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Discussion  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
*OFFICIAL* WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Discussion
« on: 13 January 2013, 10:25:26 AM »
WWE Royal Rumble 2013

Sunday, January 27, 2013

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. The Rock

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. The Big Show

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Team Hell No (c) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Confirmed Participants:
  • John Cena
  • Sheamus
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Randy Orton
  • Heath Slater (bay bay)
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Drew McIntyre
  • US Champion Antonio Cesaro
  • Intercontinetal Champion Wade Barrett
« Last Edit: 17 January 2013, 01:48:55 AM by RyPrax »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2013, 01:35:40 AM »
Rock vs. Punk should be good even though Rock is a cunt. Always looking forward to the Rumble. My money's on the THREE MAN BAND BAY BAY!

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
Rock vs. Punk should be good even though Rock is a cunt. Always looking forward to the Rumble. My money's on the THREE MAN BAND BAY BAY!
THE THREE MAN BAND DON'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST CAMACHO FELLA

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2013, 09:11:42 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Cesaro vs Miz added to this too. Maybe even a divas match if they can throw one together in a week.

So who do you guys think are the favorites this year? Last year going in most of us figured Jericho or Sheamus would win it. This year i think it's a little more open. I'd rank the favorites like this

1. Cena
2. CM Punk (after he loses to Rock)
3. Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Ryback

6. Big Show (After he loses to Del Rio)
7. Ziggler
8. Undertaker
9. Christian
10. Mark Henry

The first 5 i think may have a legit chance with Cena being the overall most likely to win. the last 5 are not likely but i guess you never know.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2013, 05:16:03 PM »
No one really excites me this year, I'd love it if they gave it to someone like Bryan, Sandow, Rhodes or Barrett, I think those guys need it as well, but I just don't see it happening. Best thing that could happen is Jericho returning and winning.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2013, 05:20:11 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Cesaro vs Miz added to this too. Maybe even a divas match if they can throw one together in a week.

So who do you guys think are the favorites this year? Last year going in most of us figured Jericho or Sheamus would win it. This year i think it's a little more open. I'd rank the favorites like this

1. Cena
2. CM Punk (after he loses to Rock)
3. Orton
4. Sheamus
5. Ryback

6. Big Show (After he loses to Del Rio)
7. Ziggler
8. Undertaker
9. Christian
10. Mark Henry

The first 5 i think may have a legit chance with Cena being the overall most likely to win. the last 5 are not likely but i guess you never know.

Cesaro is in the rumble, I would guess miz would be too. There are 4 matches, maybe add some sort of Divas match and/or Shield/Ryback confrontation and that should be it as Rock/Punk will likely go half an hour and the rumble is an hour itself.

I doubt either of the people who lose their title matches will be in the rumble. Especially not punk, as Rock/Punk will likely go on after the rumble. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rumble curtain jerk to be honest, if they're not going to put it on last might as well.

It's say Cena, Orton or Sheamus. they spend most of the time on RAW on those 3 (less on Orton these days) and there's no way one of the three isn't involved in the main event. I'd go Cena, who goes into Mania in a triple threat with Punk and Rock. Would make the most sense after the feud they've all had the last year.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
WWE wants to bring back lots of stars for RR
It was recently reported that Tommy Dreamer’s name was brought up in a WWE creative meeting about surprise Royal Rumble entrants. MVP and Shelton Benjamin were also discussed for the Rumble. Their names have came up a lot within the company lately. They are part of the list of talents WWE would like to bring back to help with the roster depth and attendance. The problem with MVP returning is that he’s under contract to New Japan.

Another name rumored within WWE recently was Low Ki, formerly known as Kaval on NXT. Kaval is considered a long shot and his return is probably just a rumor.

One team we can expect to see in the 30-man Rumble match is The New Age Outlaws – “Road Dogg” BG James and Billy Gunn

wrestlenewz.com

Offline chappers

« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Even though I like all those guys I still wouldn't mind seeing one or two bigger names make an appearance, are they doing 30 people or 40 people this year?

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2013, 10:24:38 PM »
I didn't even think about Shelton Benjamin. Perfect time for him to come back, Hope he does well.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2013, 01:52:45 AM »
8 man NXT tournament over the weekend, winner gets into the Rumble:

WWE.com: One NXT competitor will be in Sunday's Royal Rumble Match: WWE.com Exclusive

Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz for the US title in the pre-show:

Also this is pretty cool although I wish it had more details:
http://www.wwe.com/f/doc/2013/01/Scorecard_forPrint.pdf

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2013, 04:43:04 AM »
* Corey Graves
* Oliver Grey
* Luke Harper
* Xavier Woods
* Conor O’Brian
* Adrian Neville
* Bo Dallas
* Leo Kruger

No Ohno or Bray Wyatt  :(

I'll be rooting for Neville aka PAC.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2013, 11:49:18 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Rumble Sunday. I've been watching a bunch of old rumbles and I'm watching the 40 man royal rumble right now and i wouldn't mind them expanding this years to 30 as well especially if they are going to have a lot of surprise entrants.

Christian
Mark Henry
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
MVP
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
they could all be coming back at the rumble along with others and then you got older guys they like to throw in like the new age outlaws and hacksaw jim duggan amoung others. So I wouldn't mind it going to 40 guys this year.

Offline chappers

« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
The one person I really don't want to see winning the Rumble this year is the Miz, and I feel like he is one of the few possible options. I can't see them pulling off an awesome move though since WWE has been predictably bland this year. I'd love to see them pull off a double victory for team Hell No, have both men win it, you got the veteran guy Kane who is having his best run in years, and the young underdog in Bryan. Fans love them, its a surprise and any tag team going into the rumble usually doesn't stand much chance of winning.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2013, 02:20:35 AM »
* Corey Graves
* Oliver Grey
* Luke Harper
* Xavier Woods
* Conor O’Brian
* Adrian Neville
* Bo Dallas
* Leo Kruger

No Ohno or Bray Wyatt  :(

I'll be rooting for Neville aka PAC.

I imagine Ohno and Wyatt are next up to be promoted so they don't want to use them for this?

The one person I really don't want to see winning the Rumble this year is the Miz, and I feel like he is one of the few possible options. I can't see them pulling off an awesome move though since WWE has been predictably bland this year. I'd love to see them pull off a double victory for team Hell No, have both men win it, you got the veteran guy Kane who is having his best run in years, and the young underdog in Bryan. Fans love them, its a surprise and any tag team going into the rumble usually doesn't stand much chance of winning.

Miz is probably going to lose on the pre-show, so I doubt he'll go from that to winning the Royal Rumble lol. I wouldn't worry. Your team hell no idea is pretty good but I don't see it happening. It'll probably be Cena or Orton quite frankly.

Offline chappers

« Reply #14 on: 3 February 2013, 02:09:25 AM »
Still haven't watched this PPV, can anyone post a review of what they thought about it, might give it a watch tomorrow.