AJ Styles
0 (0%)
Daniel Bryan
3 (30%)
Dolph Ziggler
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 29 December 2012, 03:27:49 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Male Wrestler Of The Year  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
2012 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Male Wrestler Of The Year
And the nominees are:

CM Punk

Ryback

John Cena

Sheamus

The Big Show

Alberto Del Rio

James Storm

Kurt Angle

Austin Aries

AJ Styles

Daniel Bryan

Dolph Ziggler
« Last Edit: 17 December 2012, 09:28:11 PM by Awesome »
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: 2012 Wrestling Fusion End Of Year Awards - Male Wrestler Of The Year
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2012, 03:58:00 AM »
Nice touch with the gifs haha.

I may surprise some people here but I voted Sheamus. Say what you will about his character, but the title of the topic was "WRESTLER" and Sheamus has gotten exponentially better even just throughout the year, yet alone from when he debuted. The dude is poorly booked, but he puts everything on the line every match and he's entertaining. Punk's been really boring this year and Sheamus held his title for a long time too whereas I've thought that Punk's reign has been contrived from the moment he started bragging about the length of his reign.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
Austin Aries

Every time he steps in the ring his matches are great. Every promo he cuts is great. he has the most personality and charisma in all of wrestling. The only other wrestlers that could come close this year would be Daniel Bryan and Dolph Zigglerand they aren't options.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2012, 09:37:42 AM by Adampro123 »

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
Yeah I want to either vote Bryan or Sandow for wrestler of the year.  As much as I love the guy, I feel like Jericho shouldn't be there seeing as he was around for about 3 months and most of that was telling Punk that he was drunk.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2012, 11:34:20 PM »
Sorry about forgetting to add a few people. I knew I'd end up realising afterwards that I'd missed someone who should have been included. :dohw:

Unfortunately I believe it would be unfair to add them now that it has started, as people have already started voting.
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2012, 08:17:19 AM »
CM Punk followed by Daniel Bryan if he was their  :giggle

Offline chappers

• Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2012, 03:55:05 PM »
Sorry about forgetting to add a few people. I knew I'd end up realising afterwards that I'd missed someone who should have been included. :dohw:

Unfortunately I believe it would be unfair to add them now that it has started, as people have already started voting.
I'm all for restarting this one, I honestly think Bryan deserves to be on there and I would personally vote for him. He started the year as World Heavyweight Champion, carrying an incredibly dull Smackdown for a few months up to Mania this year. He used to get masses of boos and has transitioned successfully from heel, to tweener, to face. He's come up with some of the most popular catchphrases for fans to shout, and has held the tag titles with Kane for months now, rejuvenating a part of the show that could have easily been chopped completely. He's main evented a number of PPV's including Mania; yeah his match there stunk but he was still one of the posterboys, his matches are always good to watch and he has shown that he can go from really good promos to comedy segments. I honestly think he has been the complete package and deserves to be on here, if not win it, he definitely gets my vote.

Offline Dale

« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2012, 07:38:05 PM »
I may surprise some people here but I voted Sheamus. Say what you will about his character, but the title of the topic was "WRESTLER" and Sheamus has gotten exponentially better even just throughout the year, yet alone from when he debuted. The dude is poorly booked, but he puts everything on the line every match and he's entertaining. Punk's been really boring this year and Sheamus held his title for a long time too whereas I've thought that Punk's reign has been contrived from the moment he started bragging about the length of his reign.
A million times this, Sheamus is so under appreciated by the IWC and I just don't think he'll ever get the credit he rightfully deserves. The final moments in the Rumble with Jericho, his 2/3 Falls with Bryan and he's even had decent matches with Big Show. Then you throw ontop the amount of quality TV matches he's had with the likes of Ziggler, Sandow and Wade and I even remember him having a quality big man match with Tensai on SmackDown.

The guy is a stud.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2012, 08:18:11 PM »
By popular demand, Daniel Bryan has now been added to the poll, and the option to change vote has been enabled.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 16 December 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
Changing my vote to Bryan. i still thin Aries has had the best year but i think Bryan has a better shot at winning this award so i'll make my vote count.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2012, 01:52:42 AM »
A million times this, Sheamus is so under appreciated by the IWC and I just don't think he'll ever get the credit he rightfully deserves. The final moments in the Rumble with Jericho, his 2/3 Falls with Bryan and he's even had decent matches with Big Show. Then you throw ontop the amount of quality TV matches he's had with the likes of Ziggler, Sandow and Wade and I even remember him having a quality big man match with Tensai on SmackDown.

The guy is a stud.

I love you Dale :giggle

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
I voted for Bryan. I think Ziggler should be an option since he steals the show every week and won the MITB. I'm not sure why Jericho is an option instead.. or Del Rio for that matter  :confused:

I agree with the stuff about Sheamus too. I've always rated the guy in the ring, he's actually a really good big guy and he went from some guy feuding with Goldust on ECW to the top heel in the company then became the top face of the company and he's not even been with the company long. He can fight anyone from big guys to small guys.
But Bryan got my vote for all the reasons chappers listed and he pretty much kept me watching wrestling when it was down in the dumps.

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
I think Ziggler should be an option since he steals the show every week and won the MITB.
Yet another person I forgot, Dolph Ziggler now added to the poll too.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2012, 10:32:35 PM »
D- Bry from out of the ashes has the lead!!!