Linked Events

• WWE TLC: 16 December 2012

Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* WWE TLC 2012 Discussion  (Read 4074 times)

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
*OFFICIAL* WWE TLC 2012 Discussion
« on: 5 December 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
WWE TLC

Sunday, 16th December 2012

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT - LADDER MATCH

John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - CHAIRS MATCH

Sheamus vs. The Big Show (c)

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS MATCH

Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Wade Barrett vs. Kofi Kingston (c)

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. R-Truth

TABLES MATCH

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

PRE-SHOW

"Santa’s Helper" #1 Contender’s Diva Battle Royal

WATCH THE PRE-SHOW

WWE.com has updated the situation surrounding WWE Champion CM Punk, as it pertains to the knee surgery he underwent Tuesday afternoon.

It now appears as if Punk will no longer defend the WWE Championship at the upcoming TLC pay-per-view. Instead a six-man tag team match will replace the former ladder match main event. It will feature Ryback teaming up with the WWE Tag Team champions, Kane and Daniel Bryan, as they take on the Shield.

Unless they are given a match on next week's Monday Night Raw or Smackdown, their contest at TLC will mark the first ever WWE sanctioned match for the NXT trio of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins.

According to a letter supposedly written by Vince McMahon, the six-man match will still be a Tables, Ladders and Chairs contest, although for the first time ever it will be fought under pinfall and submission rules. The letter also says that Ryback is still in line for another WWE Championship match, and it will take place "in the very near future".

I know it sucks to end long reigns with injuries, but too fucking bad. This is a major copout. Your champion can't go at the PPV you strip him and make a tournament or something. Six Man Tag TLC Main Event? Sounds like it could be good but seriously, Punk is just falling into his match with Rocky by default and it's ridiculous. Cena had to drop the belt due to injury too you know.
« Last Edit: 16 December 2012, 08:06:32 PM by Awesome »

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
Re: CM Punk Injured; TLC Main Event Changed
« Reply #1 on: 5 December 2012, 05:29:14 PM »
It's not like he's going to be out for long and let's face it we all knew he would retain until the royal rumble anyways so i don't get what the rage is about.

Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Daniel Bryan in the main event? yes please.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #2 on: 5 December 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
They're manipulating his title reign in order to get him to that point. Remember they almost had him compete in a non-title match at SS which could have meant that he would have gone like 3 months without defending the title. I just feel like if you're injured to the point where you can't defend the title you need to drop it, unfair to everyone else especially when one person's held the title for so long. I realize that it would probably just go to Cena but still. I don't understand why they can't make Rock vs. Punk a wrestlemania match.

Offline Adampro123

• Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #3 on: 5 December 2012, 07:15:14 PM »
I'd rather see Rock vs Punk myself at mania i think it's the best option for The Rock... then again i wouldn't want to see Rock win again at mania and win the WWE title there when he won't be around for long after and i doubt they would have Punk beat Rock.

I still don't see what the big deal is considering he's only out for a few weeks. Ryback will get his title match before The Rock on a Raw probably or Main event if they want to build it there. and it will kind of be like the injury never happened. plus we get something different in the main event and not just another how will punk screw over Ryback this month type of deal.

Doesn't WWE have a rule where you have to defend your title every 30 days or it's stripped? i recall back in the 90's that being the case.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #4 on: 5 December 2012, 08:59:25 PM »
Well kayfabe WWE rules mean nothing. I feel like if Cena wins the briefcase they'll magically say it's for the WWE title and not the world, but you're right they do use the 30 day rule sometimes. But I guess you have to count house shows. Like I said I just feel like keeping the title on punk is a contrived situation just to get him to that match with The Rock. On top of that he's been UTTERLY boring lately with counting the reign and everything and I just feel like it's the perfect opportunity to do something drastic with the title, and preserve a huge Rock vs. Punk match for the biggest PPV of the year, but instead they're just going with what's easiest.

That said, that six man tag main event does sound amazing.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #5 on: 6 December 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
CM Punk is such a boring champion. His finisher GTS should be what they call his promo's because they put me to sleep each time. I don't want the Rock to win the face off because coming back, hogging the limelight and winning is pathetic and annoying. Yet I don't want Punk to win either as I think it is unfair if Cena has to lose to The Rock and Punk doesn't seeing as although I am bored of Cena I am already more bored of Punk within his shorter time at the top.

Usually when I am bored of the WWE title scene I at least have SD to fall back on. But no The Big Show is champion. Its fair enough giving him another reign just so his last one wasn't that few seconds reign. However after this I don't want to see the Big Show win a major title again.

Cut the show to 2 hours and give me something fresh please. I'll still watch the PPV's though as they have actual wrestling.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 6 December 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
I think the three hour show is good in the long run. While it's unbearable to watch if it means Heath Slater gets to form a rock band stable and Antonio Cesaro gets 15 minute title defenses then I'm all for sitting through some crap.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #7 on: 6 December 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
Yeah i agree with Prax about the 3 hours thing. plus for me it doesn't really effect me beings i always watch it on my DVR (You guys should really catch up and get one) The best parts of the WWe lately has been seeing longer and better matches from guys like Cesaro, Ziggler, Hell no etc.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #8 on: 8 December 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
- After WWE Champion CM Punk was released from the hospital late Tuesday evening, he was telling people close to him that he felt great after the surgery. Punk actually called people in WWE and told them he would be able to work the TLC pay-per-view against Ryback.

Officials felt that it would be best for Punk to not work TLC. They wanted him to sit the pay-per-view out and heal so they're not putting the bigger upcoming matches in jeopardy - like his Royal Rumble match with The Rock and whatever he does leading up to WrestleMania 29. As noted, Punk will not be missing any WWE TV time.

I Can see where WWE is coming from. if it wasn't a TLC match and if it was against someone else then i would have let Punk wrestle but against someone lie Ryback in a match like TLC i can see why they wouldn't want to risk it.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #9 on: 8 December 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
I really really really hope we aren't getting Ryback vs Punk at Mania. Hopefully they give him his title shot on RAW and thats the end of Ryback in the title picture.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 9 December 2012, 09:02:21 PM »
Cena gets injured every second week, still wrestles. WWE plans one match between Punk and Rock and they have to hold the champ off the show. Double standard.

Also:

F4Wonline.com reports Ryback versus CM Punk for the WWE title will take place at an upcoming episode of RAW.

The title match needs to happen but obviously can't happen at Royal Rumble because that spot is reserved for The Rock. There was talk of the match being taped in Washington D.C. for the New Years Eve edition of RAW but there is worry that show is going to have lower viewership regardless because of the holiday.

WWE has had a lot of talks about having the match on January 7th which is when they will be going head to head with the BCS national championship game.

Offline Adampro123

« Reply #11 on: 9 December 2012, 10:54:37 PM »
Cena gets injured every second week, still wrestles. WWE plans one match between Punk and Rock and they have to hold the champ off the show. Double standard.

Cena was just pulled from a WWE Championship match in October due to injury at hell in a cell. lol.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2012, 02:56:23 AM »
Punk always wrestles injured too. Him and Cena need some time off to relax but never will take it.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE TLC 2012 Discussion
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
Good point Adam. lol, they really need to give those two a rest after Mania. Still, this card is looking pretty great. I really hope they use the opportunity to do something drastic. Either Cena or Ziggler need to come out of this with the WHC. I know it would suck for Ziggler but then he can either continue the feud with Cena over the title or go into the Rumble and win it for a match vs. Cena at Mania. I would actually be pretty psyched to see Cena on SD seeing as it's the better show anyway and they've been clearly testing that out lately.

Offline Adampro123

Re: *OFFICIAL* WWE TLC 2012 Discussion
« Reply #14 on: 13 December 2012, 10:39:22 PM »
The official Facebook page for the Barclays Center announced today that Mark Henry will be signing autographs at the Brooklyn Nets game this Friday. The post also includes this link to the event page for Sunday's pay-per-view with the text reading, "Come see Mark Henry at WWE's Tables, Ladders and Chairs this Sunday."

Don't know if people should read into that much or not but it is the perfect timing. WWE usually builds him up this tome of year to make someone big look strong going into the royal rumble.