Author Topic: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: December 3rd, 2012  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Majin HoHo

• Life is a Team Sport
*OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: December 3rd, 2012
« on: 3 December 2012, 12:43:22 AM »

What to expect
-Shield to claim more victims and beat Ryback to a pulp some more
-Barrett vs Kingston feud gets more intense
-Ziggler/Cena feud gets more Jerry Springer drama
-It's in Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC so their any chance of Ric Flair showing up or is this just my pimp dream.
-Hopefully Titus gets some more commentary opportunties.
-Tamina/AJ will AJ get some revenge on this giant among the smaller Women's Divison this week.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
Re: *OFFICIAL* Raw Discussion Thread: December 3rd, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 3 December 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
I really need a Ric Flair return to flare up (heh) my interest in WWE right now.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #2 on: 3 December 2012, 11:48:08 PM »
I need a solid half hour of D-Bry and Kane doing shit each week. "This week D-Bry and Kane put up there christmas tree!" God that would be golden.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #3 on: 4 December 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
Dolph defending the MITB case means he has to win... doesn't it?

Offline Awesome

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 4 December 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
Dolph defending the MITB case means he has to win... doesn't it?
Yes. But now I'm worried that they'll do the opposite and have Cena win so that he can dominate SmackDown by winning the World Heavyweight Championship while Punk faces The Rock at the Royal Rumble.
Quote from: CM Punk
Please, if you say ‘Because it’s your destiny’, I swear to jeebus I’m going to start drinking.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #5 on: 4 December 2012, 07:24:19 PM »

Most shocking part of the night. and the fatal 4 way was the best part of the night too.

I liked all the shield stuff.

Sheamus/Cena vs Ziggler & Show wasn't bad.

Vince/Vickie stuff was meh

And Miz TV with the whole lie detector test was probably one of the worst segments in a long time. really hard to watch. Miz as a face is even more annoying as Miz as a heel.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #6 on: 4 December 2012, 09:11:10 PM »
Ya With Leather was raving about Miz's turn but it's just fucking miz being a douche but getting cheered. I guess that's standard for the WWE face but it's just annoying.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #7 on: 4 December 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
Whats worse is that the crowd is 0% behind a Miz faceturn.

Offline chappers

• Favourite Promotion(s): WWE
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena
« Reply #8 on: 5 December 2012, 12:33:31 AM »
Whats worse is that the crowd is 0% behind a Miz faceturn.
That's because the Miz hasn't really got any fans. Kids will hate him for his arrogance and generally having a character that is impossible for a kid to like. Adults can see right through his crummy recycled promos and his bland ring performances. The Miz even knows this which is why he gets flustered all the time when someone good on the mic completely owns him. Every single Miz TV promo I have seen has made the guy look like a bigger hack then he could already prove to be.

The guy has had years of backing and chance after chance, yet he's still a mid card guy that has gone on the wane more then improving; yet WWE insists on giving him more opportunities. He just doesn't belong there, he's a solid mid carder at best and that is where he should stay.

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
« Reply #9 on: 5 December 2012, 02:06:39 AM »
Or the fact that his character makes a terrible face. Really his face and heel character right now are the exact same thing he just changed the tone of his voice to overbearing to something more friendlier.

Also Sin Cara is getting it together and i just really don't care about him since hes been so sloppy up to this point.
« Last Edit: 5 December 2012, 02:44:37 AM by Leonardo Lunchbox »

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #10 on: 5 December 2012, 03:31:36 PM »
Face Miz is just Heel Miz trying to be Heel Jericho trying to be Face Jericho.

And Sin Cara's been better lately. His match vs. Berto was good.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #11 on: 6 December 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
I'm a bit skeptical about the shield. They are good wrestlers and very interesting but my skepticism is in the way WWE handles stables. They have guys come in e.g The Nexus and these guys dominate the competition. Then a few months later nobody cares and the guys are all midcarders. I don't think a new team should come in and dominate anyway because if they just run into the main event scene then anything other than winning the titles is going downhill. And brand new guys shouldn't win the title anyway. If the WWE needs a group to dominate choose a selection from guys who are already established e.g. Christian, Berto, Ziggler, Sandow, Barrett and Rhodes.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Veteran Member
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 6 December 2012, 03:31:46 PM »
I'm a bit skeptical about the shield. They are good wrestlers and very interesting but my skepticism is in the way WWE handles stables. They have guys come in e.g The Nexus and these guys dominate the competition. Then a few months later nobody cares and the guys are all midcarders. I don't think a new team should come in and dominate anyway because if they just run into the main event scene then anything other than winning the titles is going downhill. And brand new guys shouldn't win the title anyway. If the WWE needs a group to dominate choose a selection from guys who are already established e.g. Christian, Berto, Ziggler, Sandow, Barrett and Rhodes.

The options are either they take the Nexus route, dominate early, disappear for a while to be repackaged and come back and dominate again, or take the normal route and just be irrelevant for several years while they climb up the card. The Nexus may have faded rather quickly, but look at the card right now. Ryback was in the nexus and he's main eventing, Barrett is probably the next big thing, D-Bry (even if he wasn't in there long) is one of WWE's top draws, Otunga is around even though he's a jobber to the stars, Darren Young is part of a popular tag team, Slater is Slating, Justin Gabriel is around too although he's obviously just a lower midcarder. All these guys are still part of the WWE other than Michael Tarver. The Shield won't be The Shield forever but odds are at least a couple of the three will be big deals if WWE is confident enough to give them a huge push and a PPV main event. The Nexus worked and so will The Shield.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #13 on: 6 December 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
Speaking of christian where the hell is he and Mark Henry? Henry's injury was only supposed to keep him out until June at first and they never even officially said anything about Christian being injured he just showed up via satellite with a cast or something like that a couple of months ago saying sheamus's borough kick was dangerous.

As for the future of shield i can see Seth Rollins being the guy to break away from them and become a face and end up feuding with Rollins. Reigns i could see being stuck in the middle kind of like the Batista/Orton/Triple H situation but just on a lesser scale. then when the group disbands completely i wouldn't be surprised to see Ambrose bring in a few guys and get his own group.

Oh and also i don't mind guys winning titles early as long as they are good and it isn't the world or WWE titles.

Offline J.D

• I'M FROM WINNIPEG YOU IDIOT!
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Stone Cold, HBK, Y2J, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Tyson Kidd
« Reply #14 on: 6 December 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
I feel as if the WWE is pushing these indie wrestlers a bit too much now though and the WWE has lost its identity as result of that. I mean it is good to see them pushed don't get me wrong but it seems that guys who have worked their asses off for the company are brushed aside just because Punk and Bryan turned out pretty good. The WWE never finds balance with anything they do. With the roster they have the show should be fucking amazing right now and simply put it isn't and for that they have no excuse.