Author Topic: Brian Kendrick Gets... *Spoiler*  (Read 831 times)

Offline Barz

Brian Kendrick Gets... *Spoiler*
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2008, 01:12:17 AM »
Kendrick is an EXTREMELY talened wrestler. The problem is that the WWE does limit some of the moves a wrestler can use and if he eventually gets a push depends on the leniency they allow in his moveset. He like Shawn Michaels is a small wrestler, but he's even skinnier than Shawn and wouldn't like right competing against guys like Batista. I think he needs to bulk up some and get more of a character about himself and then he'd have a better shot of having a successful singles career in the WWE.

Offline Cannon

• Your mom's boyfriend.
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2008, 03:06:15 AM »
That big black bodyguard with Kendrick is from FCW where he was name Rycklon. He kicks tons of freakin ASS... As far as Kendrick's push I don't understand the concept of him getting a bodyguard. He has no gold or anything and no one is looking to kick his ass. IMO he hasn't done anything to deserve one.

TAG TEAM EXCELLENCE!

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2008, 04:59:45 AM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;9810
As far as Kendrick's push I don't understand the concept of him getting a bodyguard. He has no gold or anything and no one is looking to kick his ass. IMO he hasn't done anything to deserve one.

Compare that to ex-Heavy Champ Chavo. He had a Title, & a bodyguard (before & after he had the belt), but also had thousands of people in the arenas who could kick his ass.

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #18 on: 26 July 2008, 04:42:37 PM »
Quote from: Mr.Cannon;9810
That big black bodyguard with Kendrick is from FCW where he was name Rycklon. He kicks tons of freakin ASS... As far as Kendrick's push I don't understand the concept of him getting a bodyguard. He has no gold or anything and no one is looking to kick his ass. IMO he hasn't done anything to deserve one.

Well i don't remember why shawn michaels had sid and diesel as his bodyguards but i think they are trying to make it seem a little like that and that is why he got it.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: 31 July 2008, 01:47:18 AM »
I see, with the bodyguard, look, & lots of other things... The HBK callback idea... Which would make a lot more sense if he were to move to Raw, & maybe help HBK even-up w/Cade & Jericho... Maybe @ SS.

Offline Pj-34

« Reply #20 on: 1 August 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
That's why they should have kept the Cruiserweight title, for people like him who have alot of talent but aren't WWE/World champion material but no I guess not, maybe US title.

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #21 on: 1 August 2008, 07:22:13 PM »
He can easily, EASILY fit the role of HBK circa Diesel era.

Offline S.P.Q.R.

« Reply #22 on: 2 August 2008, 06:21:14 PM »
Quote from: Ultramanits BLACK;10944
He can easily, EASILY fit the role of HBK circa Diesel era.

No he can't. HBK's charisma was natural. Kendrick's is coming off as soooooo forced. If you've seen Heartbreak & Triumph, the HBK on TV in the late 80's and early 90's was the HBK away from the cameras. Kendrick is playing a role, and not very well or convincing. There's a huge difference between the two and it's so blatently obvious.

And look at him. Christ, he's smaller than Floyd Mayweather. He's never going to be even IC champion. I get the guy needs a role. A gimmick. But ****, people are overreacting to this, calling him the next HBK? Even comparing the roles? On the surface they LOOK similar, but it ends there.
save

Offline Dale

« Reply #23 on: 5 August 2008, 12:11:09 AM »
Quote from: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
-- Brian Kendrick is definitely in line for a push from WWE. They want to make Kendrick a somebody, and create an act similar to Shawn Michaels & Diesel. The Kendrick & Ezekiel pairing is patterned after them. Also, he is now going under the name "The Brian Kendrick" and his Sliced Bread #2 finisher is now "The Kendrick," which is said to be a spoof on "The Tazz" line by Mike Adamle.

I honestly hope that they manage to get over as I personally like the look of the two guys together. It finally gives Kendrick some depth and an actual personality, not to mention Ezekiel who's name sounds like a beast, he looks like a beast and the torture rack he applied looked pretty beasty. I honestly hope that E gives these guys the time and full support.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #24 on: 5 August 2008, 12:52:44 AM »
When I see Kendrick I've never think of him as a young HBK. His look reminds me of Brian Pillman. Anywho, that's good for him that he is getting a push. It looks like WWE are beginning to push smaller guys now. Like Dale, I personally like his whole new gimmick with the body guard. Hopefully his mic skills have improved since the last time I heard him talk.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.