Author Topic: Brian Kendrick Gets... *Spoiler*  (Read 832 times)

Offline Dale

Brian Kendrick Gets... *Spoiler*
« on: 9 July 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
A bodyguard :huh

- Below is a photo of Rycklon Stephens, the WWE developmental talent who acted as Brian Kendrick's bodyguard at the SmackDown tapings last night:

So now that they have split Kendrick from the heat magnet London, they must be looking at doing something wortwhile with him if they're bothering to give him a bodyguard. Interesting...

Offline Leonardo Lunchbox

• Baby, I'm an Anarchist
  • FUCK YOU GET PUMPED
  • Favourite Promotion(s): Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Alex Shelley
« Reply #1 on: 9 July 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
YES the kid deserves a push hes mega talented. This would be a good time to bring back the CW title with Helms also returning soon.

Offline Fluttershy

• My Secret Combination
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): Bella Twins, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, KHARMA, Maryse, Vickie Guerrero, AJ, Layla, Natalya, Rosa Mendes, Tara, Winter, Cherry, Ivory, Jazz, Jillian Hall, Lena Yada, Lita, Melina, Molly Holly, Nidia, Sable, Stephanie McMahon, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson,
« Reply #2 on: 9 July 2008, 07:35:09 PM »
I'm guessing he's heel now?

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
WOW, I'm incredibly interested to see where this is going because I have always seen great potential in Brian Kendrick in the WWE. I think him as a heel would be awesome and the bodyguard really defines it. I can't wait for him to get onto SmackDown sooner than later.

Maryse \'fucking\' Quellet

Offline Dale

« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2008, 12:36:02 AM »
I don't no what his gimmick is but he now appears in trunks and as Foley said "Lost those tent like shorts." Was a pretty good match between him and Yang, but I don't no how you spell his name or say it, maybe physiquio or visiquo but that bodyguard he has is ****ing HUGE.

They're also bigging up Kendrick up a fair bit as they're referring to him as similar to HBK back in the Attitude Era as he has the same bad attitude but is a great athlete, which is a fair bit of praise really.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2008, 03:03:32 AM »
I actually missed his match and am quite pissed off as I wanted to see his new bodyguard as I am truely intrigued to see how this goes. I like Brian Kendrick a lot, him as a heel, without those baggy pants and actually becoming of a bigger size, he could have himself a bright future. They need to build him up for a bit and get his bodyguard involved more so. If they're reffering to him as HBK in the Attitude Era, well gee, that's a praise.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2008, 04:31:06 AM »
Im guessing this will lead to a London vs Kendrick fued tbh. They both deserve to be pushed as they are both great high flying talents

Offline Mini Kong

• Ari Gold is GOD!!
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2008, 05:54:57 AM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8019
Im guessing this will lead to a London vs Kendrick fued tbh. They both deserve to be pushed as they are both great high flying talents

Don't know how that is going to happen since London is on RAW atm. I find Kendrick's gimmick to be interesting. I think it really suits him and his look.He really reminds me of Brian Pillman when he was tag teaming with Austin in the "Hollywood Blondes" except for he is flying solo. But hopefully Kendrick has sharpened up his mic work because the type of gimmick he has now is going to require him to talk on the mic if he wants to go far with this.
"This is my welcome!"
Shame on TNA for letting go one of the best female wrestlers in the world.

Offline TJChurch

• Master Of Mayhem
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2008, 06:33:17 AM »
Kendrick is an amazing talent, which is why the "bodyguard" makes no sense to me. (Don't even get me started on the wardrobe, etc.)

Offline Adampro123

• Veteran Member
  • Favourite Promotion(s): PWG, ROH, Chikara, DGUSA, TNA, NXT, FCW, WWE,
  • Favourite Wrestler(s): John Morrison, AJ Styles, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Austin Aries, MMG, Dean Ambrose, Kenny King, Antonio Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Kurt Angle, Christian, CM Punk Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, Kevin Steen, Brisoes, Davey Richards, El Generico
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2008, 03:40:15 PM »
Kendrick was impressive last night. and landed probably the best slice bread i have seen him do in the WWE. he does seem a lot like HBK from the 90's with the bodygard like HBK always had in nash and sid, i hope he keeps getting pushed. i have always liked him. i hope his size doesn't hold him back.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
I think if he has his bodyguard by side that his size alone won't be as huge of a worry to what his mic skills are. Last time I heard him on the mic he was awful. He needs some rapid change as I highly doubt they're gonna have the bodyguard talk for him. I think he is a lot like HBK from the 90's and has a bright future if things work out.

Offline Zuccini

« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2008, 03:47:37 PM »
I have to disagree. I dont see a good future for kendrick.
He was only good as a tag team and will always be best that way.

Offline RyPrax

• FEED. ME. MORE.
  • Global Moderator
  • FINISH. HIM.
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2008, 06:18:56 AM »
Quote from: Zuccini;8301
I have to disagree. I dont see a good future for kendrick.
He was only good as a tag team and will always be best that way.

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you see? He had one match and it was pretty good. He used to have a good singles career in the indys and he was trained by some of the best wrestlers in the world Plus he's still young.

When you were watching some of the old TLC matches for the first time did you ever think that both Edge and Christian would have been multi-time world champions by 2008? That one hardy would be grazing the main event and the other would be close behind?

Kendrick is small, but like I said he's young and has a long career ahead of him and could still accomplish a lot. He looked impressive on SD!, his bodyguard looked good and he looks to be developing a personally.

That's something I actually see.

Think I'll have a wank over these tomorrow.

Offline J2M

• Ballin'
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2008, 06:23:01 AM »
I have always have a fond of Brian Kendrick and seeing his match on Smackdown earlier he impressed me. His bodyguard was HUGE! I think Zuccini may be right, he has a long way til he will really be considered a good singles wrestler. I think he is but to the overview it will be a while until he is at least even given a Singles title shot.

We can't decide whether he's a better singles wrestler or tag team wrestler until we have seen more of him on his own. At the moment, I have no idea but am extremely interested to see where he goes whether it be up the ranks or just off our televisions for good.

Offline D'Evil1

« Reply #14 on: 25 July 2008, 09:49:48 PM »
another reason to watch smackdown, wish i didnj't have to work friday nights dammit
"The Prelude" Mixtape coming soon